User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: beware dollarama

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They've started carrying a no-name pet wash which I won't be using on my dogs instead of the Hartz which is a well-known brand. Haven't seen it in stock for awhile. Some of the leashes are flimsy but I did pick up a really good one there.
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryCheesecake View Post
    I've never had a problem with anything I've bought at Dollarama and if I ever did I wouldn't be surprised given the fact that I only pay so little for things.

I was actually remarking the other day at how much stuff in my kitchen is from Dollarama and how long it has lasted/stood up to me using it. Namely the strainer (that I broke on my own but its still going strong for 5 years+), measuring cups and spoons, spatulas, etc.

For anyone newly living on their own its a great place to start as the stuff is so much cheaper but comparitive in quality to what Walmart sells for example. Lets face it everything is made in China now a days and I'd rather spend several dollars less for pretty much the same item.

Things I do stay away from there though are the hardware/repair section and the cleaning/pet supplies. My favorite aisle by far is the kitchen one, secondly the plastic containers (some are even made in Canada!). And I have bought a few things from the dollarstore in terms of food and been happy with pricing. Staples like spices and mustard, things there usually aren't coupons for.
    ROMEO likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Dollarama doesn't, but dollar tree does!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Since Dollarama has a no refund or exchange policy, it actually is a 20 minute process. You need to have all of the items, all of them, and the receipt, and then scan all of the items again, and then manually void the items that were over-scanned or are being returned with an exception, and then override the computer to give the money back without the computer thinking the till float is out of balance, and then finally get contact information, write-up the problems, and then call them into the district manager and explain what happened. I completely understand that it can be at the fault of the cashier, but if the difference is only a dollar and the customer doesn't seem completely upset about it, the management and staff will basically beg you to take something for the difference rather than go through that entire experience, because in the end to walk away with your $1.13 is probably less gratifying than wasting 20 minutes on a bag of candy worth of stress. BUT, if it really is important to you at any time, you can fight it or call Dollarama customer service at head office.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information