User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: beware dollarama

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Beware of dollarama's policy of no returns or exchanges whatever you buy even if it's defective it's your's
    This thread is currently associated with: Dollarama
    ticul likes this.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

yup. thats why its posted at the front of the store. it applies to everyone who isn't buddies with someone who works there.
    Insane, janetta, Ciel and 6 others like this.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Dollarama isn't shy about it's policy. It's been that way since forever.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Last time I was at Dollarama there was a guy trying to get a refund over a 2.00 item that wasn't what he wanted, the manager was telling him the policy is is no refunds, no exchanges, it's posted all over the store and on your receipt. He was screaming at her, calling her every name in the book and threatening legal action.
    Like WTF? You're really going to take Dollarama to court over 2.00? The manager was trying so hard not to laugh at him because he was being utterly ridiculous with his threats.
    abbasgirl, sampler, Insane and 8 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I hate their no exchange policy for defective items. I don't know how much money I lost over the years for broken items / items that doesn't even work right out of packaging. It all adds up. I think at least you should be able to exchange defective item within a week. I agree with their no refund (buyer remorse) policy due to low cost but so fed up with junk that they are selling.
    Insane, Ciel, r0c0upons and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Anyone that is even a semi-regular shopper at Dollarama knows their return policy. This is not new.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Anyone that is even a semi-regular shopper at Dollarama knows their return policy. This is not new.
    We moved here in 2000 and realised that was the policy even it was written in French..
    hollyquaiscer, Ciel and ticul like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

that policy is clearly printed on all their receipts

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    I hate their no exchange policy for defective items. I don't know how much money I lost over the years for broken items / items that doesn't even work right out of packaging. It all adds up. I think at least you should be able to exchange defective item within a week. I agree with their no refund (buyer remorse) policy due to low cost but so fed up with junk that they are selling.
    I know, there is very little I buy there now. Mostly paper products.
    hollyquaiscer, Ciel, Decaf and 1 others like this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I've never had a problem with any of their items, but a few times I have opened the item up to see if it worked, if it did I bought it,if it didn't I left it there..I know you're not supposed to do that but if they don't refund items they should have a tester, or one item opened so people can see how it works..obviously, not for every item.
    ticul and torontogal12 like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I guess my dollarama is not to bad, although there policy is the same on returns or exchanges, if the item is broken they will exchange. I found this out when i had bought some wire cube things for storage they were $3.00 a package and I bought 2. They would not go together and stay together (they had to be assembled) I called the store and manager said if the item is broken or defective they would take them back provided I still had the receipt.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

My Dollarama is super strict as well. I purchased a chocolate bar at the register and while getting my change, realized I got the wrong kind. I asked if I could just put it back and get the right kind and was told no, it was my fault and would have to buy the kind I wanted. Instead of arguing with them, I just went to the candy section and exchanged the bars.
    Just call me Wolfie

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    Given that most Dollaramas (at least in my area) now scan products and have more detail on their receipts, I agree that a defective item should be exchanged or refunded.

Technically, regardless of store policies, you have the right to a refund or an exchange under consumer protection and sale of goods laws (which I believe most provinces have) if the product is not fit for its purpose. In Ontario, it is called a sale by description, which is defined by an "implied condition that the goods will correspond with the description." If you did not have the opportunity to test the product in store, even if it says final sale, you have the right to a refund or exchange if the product is not in the condition the description implied (meaning, working). Problem is finding a manager who knows about the legislation and if that doesn't work, your only real remedy is taking them to court.

Edit: I suppose you could contact head office if you get nowhere with the manager.
    Last edited by trishka; Tue, Jun 10th, 2014 at 02:54 PM.
    ticul, torontogal12 and Lord_Phan like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Yes, but not exchanging a defective product is ridiculous, you don't know if its defective or not , till you use it.

Not talking about returning or getting your money back , but just exchanging a defective one.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Most of the time if you're really, really nice about it and they still remember you, the staff will let you do an exchange.
    Once I bought a cookie scoop and the spring popped out a couple minutes after I left the store and the second time was when I bought the wrong type of hair elastics. They just told me to grab another one. I guess it depends on the store!
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information