User Tag List

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

And what brand is good? How long does the ink last? Is it good quality? Can I use it for printing coupons? Any info would be helpfull!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Mario's best friendლ(ಠωಠლ MangoFruit's Avatar
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

1. A good brand would be either Brother, HP, or Lexmark. Don't get epson, they are just utter garbage.

2. The ink tends to last about 1500-2500 sheets, it depends on how much toner you waste. It can go up to 4000 if it's small print jobs like coupon printing.

3. Most laser printers only print black and white. So the quality can go so far. And if you're asking if they are blurry/non blurry, then it's non-blurry.

4. Yes.

You shouldn't pay more than 50.00 before tax for a laser printer these day. They tend to go on sale a lot. Especially at NCIX, the source, FS, or BB.
    I've gotten more than 300$ of gift cards. You can also do so by joining swagbucks:
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/MangoFruit
    Also, Start out with 25 points on SUPERPOINTS: http://superpoints.com/join/airujo

Inveterate Cheapskate
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My advice differs somewhat from MangoFruit's. I would only buy HP. Nobody else touches them in reliability and smart design. As far as price, you're okay with a cheapie ($50 neighbourhood) if all you're going to do is print coupons . . . but if you expect to use it on a daily basis for anything and everything you might want to print, you're quickly going to find that $50 to be a real pain in the @$$ to work with. On top of that the consumables (toner cartridges) tend to be priced much higher on a cost-per-page basis (they can't make much money selling printers for fifty bucks so they make it off you later when you buy the toner!) If you check the kijiji ads for your area you'll probably finds that lots of people trying to unload those crummy little cheapo printers all the time (because they're fed up with them, usually.) If you want something with a bit of durability you probably will want to spend at least a few hundred bucks. Colour lasers are wonderfully appealing on the surface, but the consumables costs are horrendous! Often you will pay more for a set of cartridges (you generally need four) than you paid for the printer itself!!! If you seriously contemplate buying colour, be sure to check out the actual selling prices of the cartridges first, and also find out how long the transfer belt and fuser are expected to last (those are yet more consumables you'll need to replace periodically on a colour laser that you don't need to worry about on a monochrome printer.)

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Be advised that most, if not all, laser printers have starter cartridges which are only partially full of toner. For most brand name printers, you can use refill kits to replace the toner. Saves you $$$. Cheaper than brand name/OEM cartridges, you can get compatible toner cartidges at 1/3 to 1/2 the price. I just bought one for my HP M1212nf multifunctional for $40 (Staples ~$90 for OEM). Toner kits for the same are around $15-$20 with enough toner for 2 refills.

Dave
    Last edited by DavidY; Mon, Sep 12th, 2011 at 08:42 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've been working in IT for over 10 years... when it comes to laser printers, HP is the tops. I've never had any serious problems with an HP.

Lexmark, on the other hand, nothing but problems.

Brother, win some, lose some...

And Epson, I like, but in the laser realm, are not supported in toner and supplies for long.

HP, on the other hand, toner and supplies seem to be readily available... and as I've said seem to last and are the most reliable.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Staples has the HP LaserJet Pro P1102W Printer on sale until Sept 15th for $49.xx ($100 off). Probably OOS online, but worth checking instore.

My HP M1212nf uses the same toner as the 1102.

Dave

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would say either HP or Brother...they are the best bang for your buck. You get great print quality, they last forever, their cartridges last a long time, and the toner is much cheaper than other brands considering how much use you get out of them.

On my brother printer at home use, I didnt need to replace my toner for a good year and a half with fairly heavy usage.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

With the Samsung SCX-4623F multifunction laser printer, you artlessly columnist the ESP button for simple awning printing, you can book the absolute desktop or alive window. You can aswell book from your computer at speeds up to 23 ppm 12,000 pages per ages assignment aeon and a bunched architecture and fax.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

maybe you should search on Ebay or Amazon... I am sure that you will find the best offer for you

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would say the best value for money would be Brother. If you compare the cost of the laser printer, the replacement toner cartridges, the best value or printing costs per page is Brother hands down. HP and Lexmark are the most expensive cost per page. Both Brother and HP are reliable, but Brother wins when it comes to cents per page printing costs. The consumer association in UK (which.co.uk) and Australia (choice.com.au) researched laser printers and recommended several Brother models based on reliability, cost per page and availability of consumables.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just PM'd my new Brother printer at Staples for the price of it at Best buy i had to print it out and Staples gave me no issue the model was MFC-J615W
    Ive had nothing but issues with Lexmark you get what you pay for this one is an all in one for 59.99 they honored the price and offer an extended warranty plan for 2 yrs for an additional 9.99 not bad at all

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you dont do any heavy printing like printing 200 page [just an example] and only like 10 or 50 pages what ever ... this one i think will fit your needs and price is good, i've used it for about 5 month now which it's used everyday w/o a problem

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...03-ML1670%20CA

samsung and only $39.99 if there is a tiger direct close to you

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A couple of years ago I worked at a computer repair store. We received about 10 faulty Samsung laser printers per week for repair. The most common problem was paper jams. Samsung laser printers are so badly designed that they cannot pick up the paper from the paper tray and when they do, it does not feed very well through the rollers and folds the paper and prints selected text and graphics. The other problem we had with the Samsung lasers were that the printers indicated that the toner had to be replaced even though it was 3/4 full. The printers could not detect the amount of toner - and this was with genuine Samsung toner. When we did our routine diagnostic tests on the printers we found that one toner cartridge lasted about 250 pages or so. We ended up telling customers that they were non-repairable because the cost of the parts far exceeded the value of the printer. At one point in 2008 we had 135 Samsung laser printers that we ended up sending to landfill (customers didn't want them back). Stay away from Samsung!

Thread Information