• 1 Post By Lynn49
  • 2 Post By RonBC
  • 1 Post By FallenPixels

Thread: Air Canada is the worst!

CaNewbie-Eager To Learn!
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Expired
    I arrived for my flight later than I would have liked to, but still 40 minutes before departure (it was very early morning). I had already checked in via online and just needed to check my bag. I tried using the self-serve computer they have to print my baggage sticker but it wouldn't allow me to. I proceeded to an attendant who said "when does your flight leave? okay you need to be 45 minutes early so you've missed your flight. You can stand-by for free for the next flight, and you have no chance of getting on that flight, or you can purchase a new flight".
    But I am only five minutes late? I understand there are time lines and rules for a reason but surely me being 5 minutes past the cut off time doesn't mean I need to buy a new ticket? I stood around for fifteen minutes, called my mom, my boyfriend, decided if I should maybe just drive to my destination (a ten hour car ride alone). I made have had a few tears fall as I was quite upset. The flight doesn't leave for another 40 minutes yet I cannot get on it? This makes no sense. I end my phone calls and the Air Canada employee has a change of heart, he decides that he will look up my flight and see. Keep in mind he didn't know my name nor had he even looked up my flight information, he denied me based on what I had told him. What if I didn't know my exact flight time? Could this employee be anymore unprofessional?
    He looked up my information, said "well our policy is that your luggage must be checked in half an hour before your flight, so I cannot guarantee that it will meet you at your final destination". BUT I was here 40 minutes ago, it isn't my fault you made me stand around for 15 minutes and now I only have 25 minutes to get my luggage through. This is your fault. This is Air Canada's fault. So I told him to hurry up and get it through, and look at that. I made it to the gate before they even started to board. What a joke! Are they trying to get a last minute sales push here, getting innocent people to buy new flights when it is completely unnecessary?
    So I posted on Air Canada's Facebook page, and their response was "glad to hear you made it". How lovely is that? They couldn't demonstrate their lack of customer service any better. Disgusting to have "Canada" in their name.
    How dare Air Canada start my holiday off with worry and panic and almost an extra $500 in fees for a new flight. How dare they treat people like that FOR NO REASON. I just keep thinking, what if I had gone home and driven ten hours alone, FOR NO REASON. Be persistent if you're even in that situation with them.
    This thread is currently associated with: Aeroplan, Air Canada, Via Rail
    walkonby likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Were you flying out of Calgary?

So sorry to hear about your experience. Enjoy the rest of your vacation, because it can only get better from here!
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

ugh! I can only imagine the frustration you felt wasting precious minutes for them to do their job. So glad that in thew end you made it, but not great CS at all.
    toronto166 likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Their unofficial motto is "Air Canada: We're not happy until you're not happy!".

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You were fairly rude there. They have to have a firm cut off for a reason.. otherwise everyone would be showing up '5 minutes late' and it would be a mess.

For future reference:
    http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...t/checkin.html
    Last edited by RonBC; Sun, Jul 13th, 2014 at 02:48 PM.
    anastasia1009 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RonBC View Post
    You were fairly rude there. They have to have a firm cut off for a reason.. otherwise everyone would be showing up '5 minutes late' and it would be a mess.

For future reference:
    http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...t/checkin.html
    Ita. We've always checked in at least an hour before departures, domestic and int'l. And arrive at the airports about 2 hrs before a flight. From experience things don't always go smoothly and I'd rather get everything done and enjoy a nice, relaxing glass of wine instead of being stuck in line, in a panic, with the herd nearer the time. It's easier to plan for glitches and to deal with them, than expect everything to go smoothly.
    For the record, our whole family have always enjoyed our AC flights, and given a choice, will always choose them. But we're all individuals ...
    Hope you can now relax and enjoy your holiday!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, Jul 13th, 2014 at 03:16 PM.
    DianneS likes this.

CaNewbie-Eager To Learn!
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

RonBC I was very calm, and nice to the employee who didn't even look up my information before denying me. You probably work for AC, don't you? Pathetic company hahaha.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke_ View Post
    RonBC I was very calm, and nice to the employee who didn't even look up my information before denying me. You probably work for AC, don't you? Pathetic company hahaha.
    hahahaha

What difference would looking up your info make? You were late. You admitted it. They have the policy for a reason. Cut off is 45 minutes.. then they take the luggage and load the plane. Someone comes late, they have to make a separate trip to load that bag. You say you were 5 minutes late.. ok.. so next comes someone who's 7 minutes late.. then 10 minutes late.. when does it end?

As for poor customer service.. I think you got great customer service.. the guy offered to put you on stand by.. and then actually accommodated you.. he went above and beyond.. he could have just said too bad.. your ticket is no good, buy a new one.

This is not a 'scam' to get people to buy tickets.. they are very clear on the cut off times ... it's to get the planes out of the gate on time!

Ron.
    Last edited by RonBC; Tue, Jul 15th, 2014 at 11:17 AM.
    CrazyQT and luckbealady like this.

CaNewbie-Eager To Learn!
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love that you're so bored you came back to argue with a complete stranger on the internet! I didn't even get to read your whole post because it was pretty boring. But good job getting an extra ten minutes through your day. Hope you find something more fulfilling to do with the rest of your long, boring days

CaNewbie-Eager To Learn!
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I take that back, I don't love that you are so bored here wasting your time with a stranger on the internet. It is sad, enjoy your days, however miserable they are, life is what you make it! xoxo Ronnie Poo

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I love that you're so bored you came back to argue with a complete stranger on the internet! I didn't even get to read your whole post because it was pretty boring. But good job getting an extra ten minutes through your day. Hope you find something more fulfilling to do with the rest of your long, boring days
    I take that back, I don't love that you are so bored here wasting your time with a stranger on the internet. It is sad, enjoy your days, however miserable they are, life is what you make it! xoxo Ronnie Poo
    There is just no need for that
    Thread expired
    CouponingQueen likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Thread Information