User Tag List

Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree534Likes

Thread: So. I did it - I put my wallet where my mouth is and I joined Weight Watchers!

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Our List of Awesome Losers!

AmberLab - started Sept/11 - loss to date: 42lbs

DianneS - started May 15/12 - loss to date: 14 lbs

FallenPixels - Started Oct/11 - loss to date 28lbs

Aussie- Started May 22nd/12 - loss to date 42.6lbs

walkonby-started April 18th/12- loss to date 49.0 lbs

--------------------------------------
    AL's OP:

Baby steps! The first step was making the choice to go. The second choice, to go and face everyone by myself. Why is that always so hard? But I had no friends or anyone to go with me right now so I sucked in my gut and sucked it up.

I joined up to attend the meetings. Some will say, oh you don't need that if you know the program basics. Well, no. Personally, I do need that face to face and accountability. Plus it's an excuse to get out of the house and the bonus of meeting more people.

I have my goal set - 15lbs. I will do this.

And the money? Oh yes, the cost made me cringe but that is even more incentive to stick with it.

Next step - go through my coupon stash and weed out the coupons I will not use anymore, especially food . A mini-Amber-giveaway may happen soon.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by aussie; Wed, Oct 3rd, 2012 at 06:26 PM.
    Luisa_101 likes this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

That's awesome to hear. I know you'll love the new Weight Watchers program and I'm sure you'll have no problems sticking to it. Gooduck!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Me too AmberLab, I was coming in to post the same thing!

I joined a WW @ Work session that starts next Wednesday and goes on for 26 weeks. I have a LOT more to lose than you (50+), and I just wasn't getting anywhere. I've done it before and I know it works. Hopefully we can help each other! Good luck!
    Last edited by Zonny; Thu, Sep 15th, 2011 at 05:49 AM.

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    That's awesome to hear. I know you'll love the new Weight Watchers program and I'm sure you'll have no problems sticking to it. Gooduck!
    Thanks for the support Tara! So far, so good. It's a bit of a trial to run and write down everything I eat, but so far I'm not even coming near my daily allotment of points. I'm not hungry either. Gotta love power foods.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    Me too AmberLab, I was coming in to post the same thing!

I joined a WW @ Work session that starts next Wednesday and goes on for 26 weeks. I have a LOT more to lose than you (50+), and I just wasn't getting anywhere. I've done it before and I know it works. Hopefully we can help each other! Good luck!
    Birds of a feather eh? I know, the damn stuff was just not coming off and I HAD to do something. My hip joint has been killing me. Not good with two small ones to run around after. If you don't start your own thread, feel free to post here and we can cheerlead each other!

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Congrats!

I joined WW after having DD and lost 25 pounds in the first 6 weeks. I only joined for that amount because I wasn't sure it was for me, but I loved it. I found it much easier than I thought I would.

I'm planning on joining again soon since I gained the weight back (and more) while pregnant with DS.

You're going to have to keep us updated. Congrats and good luck

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    Congrats!

I joined WW after having DD and lost 25 pounds in the first 6 weeks. I only joined for that amount because I wasn't sure it was for me, but I loved it. I found it much easier than I thought I would.

I'm planning on joining again soon since I gained the weight back (and more) while pregnant with DS.

You're going to have to keep us updated. Congrats and good luck

25lbs in 6 weeks? Whoa! After having DS1, I did lose the 50lbs I gained while pg with him, which I attributed to the BFing. But after DS2, a year later the weight has not come off as much as I'd like it to be. So an executive decision was made.

My update for week 1: 2.4lbs loss. I'm happy.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

OK, my WW sessions started today, but in reality I will start tomorow. We had a function at work where we had Chinese food, I just COULDN'T say no. So I ran down and got weighed, paid, grabbed the information and left to go to my function. But I won't be having supper tonight (too full!) and will be fully on track tomorrow.

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Good luck, Amberlab!!

I'm posting here because I got quite a shock today at my doctors appt. I haven't seen my doctor in about 5 months? She was always a bigger lady but when I walked in today she had lost an AMAZING amount of weight. I just had to ask how she did and she said weight watchers! She lost about 57lbs in 5 months.

She looked so healthy and happy and said weight watchers was the best thing she ever decided to do. So I saw one amazing succes story, I hope yours goes just as well !

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

OK, my WW sessions started today, but in reality I will start tomorow. We had a function at work where we had Chinese food, I just COULDN'T say no. So I ran down and got weighed, paid, grabbed the information and left to go to my function. But I won't be having supper tonight (too full!) and will be fully on track tomorrow.
    Chinese food is baaaaaaaad. Especially May Garden, my fave! I'll have to save up those allowance points for days that I want that. hehe Whoo-hoo for joining!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_April View Post
    Good luck, Amberlab!!

I'm posting here because I got quite a shock today at my doctors appt. I haven't seen my doctor in about 5 months? She was always a bigger lady but when I walked in today she had lost an AMAZING amount of weight. I just had to ask how she did and she said weight watchers! She lost about 57lbs in 5 months.

She looked so healthy and happy and said weight watchers was the best thing she ever decided to do. So I saw one amazing succes story, I hope yours goes just as well !
    I can believe she did it. I think that amount of weight loss in doable in 5 mths if you are absolutely watchful of what you eat. Inspiring! Thanks April!

dch
    Female
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Congrats

One of my cousins has been on WW for 2 years almost and she has lost 100 pounds since joining. It can be a little costly but I think WW is the best weight loss program out there.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

For me, today is day two! I'm not counting the Chinese food day. I got weighed, then I gorged myself. Ooog.

Anyhow, I've been good but I'm struggling a bit with this new program, getting used to it. The point values are all different, and so is my point limit. The book where you can look up the food seems to be much more limited than I remember too. I'm using the website quite a bit to calculate everything.

So, I've still got some points left today, and I'm hungry. I'd kind of like to stuff my face with some cheese, but I'm gonna restrain myself!

How are you doing AmberLab? My weigh in is Wednesday, I'm interested to know if this is making a difference!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I did weight watchers years ago and loved it and did great, kept it off for quite a while too...but then marriage, two kids, stress and a bad habit of binging on my baking have left me bigger then I've ever been.
    I still have all the books and "try" to follow them, but the meetings were so motivating. Its the money that has been scaring me the most.

But if I don't do something when I go back to work in 3 months I'm going to have to buy an entire new wardrobe as nothing fits, so WW will be cheaper.

I think I'm going to do it!

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dch View Post
    Congrats

One of my cousins has been on WW for 2 years almost and she has lost 100 pounds since joining. It can be a little costly but I think WW is the best weight loss program out there.
    Thanks for the support! That is an incredible loss for your cousin!

For me, today is day two! I'm not counting the Chinese food day. I got weighed, then I gorged myself. Ooog.

Anyhow, I've been good but I'm struggling a bit with this new program, getting used to it. The point values are all different, and so is my point limit. The book where you can look up the food seems to be much more limited than I remember too. I'm using the website quite a bit to calculate everything.

So, I've still got some points left today, and I'm hungry. I'd kind of like to stuff my face with some cheese, but I'm gonna restrain myself!

How are you doing AmberLab? My weigh in is Wednesday, I'm interested to know if this is making a difference!
    It was a bit of adjustment from the old program. I'm tracking on paper and online. Got a bit frustrated when values didn't seem to add up or were different between the two formats. I am getting more and more tempted to buy the WW scale.

If you're hungry maid, go for it. You've got your Points Allowance to cover moments like those!

Some days I can be 6-12 pts under my daily PP. Some days I will got 2-4 pts over. One day I went 12 pts over into my PPA. But the supper I cooked was delicious and worth it! I have not used all my PP plus the PPA in a full week yet. But hey, it could happen, it's only been two weeks. I weigh in again tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by ame555 View Post
    I did weight watchers years ago and loved it and did great, kept it off for quite a while too...but then marriage, two kids, stress and a bad habit of binging on my baking have left me bigger then I've ever been.
    I still have all the books and "try" to follow them, but the meetings were so motivating. Its the money that has been scaring me the most.

But if I don't do something when I go back to work in 3 months I'm going to have to buy an entire new wardrobe as nothing fits, so WW will be cheaper.

I think I'm going to do it!
    I like baking too, its a time filler. And when I'm done and those goodies are staring at me. Oh, man. I freeze it as fast as I can. The money did (and still does) scare me. But I think if it was any more inexpensive or if I'd gotten an-SC-style deal, I wouldn't be so motivated to stick with the program. Does that make sense? Paying so much makes me kick ass to stick with the program and get my money's worth.

That would be awesome if you joined myself and Zonny in here!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Hi there!

I did feel a lot better once I had supper. Used some of those weekly points on wine on the weekend too!

I'm really sticking to the plan so far, which I think is going to bite me in the butt eventually when I just lose all control and eat a giant (fill in bad thing here).

So far lunches have been a lot of salad with a bit of chicken or something on them, or a WW-friendly homemade soup. I was going to make a veggie chili, but the beans, chickpeas, etc. are fairly high in points and it wouldn't be free, so holding off on that for now.

Supper is where I have my larger meat portion of the day. I've also been gorging on mushrooms, onions and peppers - some of my favourite things sauteed in a bit of Pam! I buy a big thing of fresh mushrooms at Costco, and slice up a bunch and cook them with the onions and peppers, then I have them ready to add to whatever.

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Time for me to update in here!

I didn't post my weigh in last week. I showed up to my second weigh-in and had gained 1.4lbs. Ugh. I kicked myself up and down about that all week. A gain, really, on only my second week? My leader had said that it was probably a salt gain, if you eat anything salty or sodium strong 24-48 hours before weigh-in a gain will usually show. And yup, my menu showed me using cream of mushroom soup in a casserole the day before. Bingo.

So I made my self do better this week. Ate all my DPPs and even used almost half my WPA. Listed the Power foods out and stuck mostly to them. And REALLY, REALLY watched my salt intake on Sunday and yesterday. It paid off. I had a 7.7lbs lbs loss last night.

That brings me to 8.8lbs total loss so far in 3 wks. The second number in my total weight dropped down (ex: from a 5 to a 4), so it was really nice to see my number lower. This loss also removed one point from my daily plus points. Enough to motivate me to keep going!
    Last edited by AmberLab; Tue, Oct 4th, 2011 at 08:00 PM.

Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information