User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Mama June ( Honey Boo Boo) may lose custody of her children

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm not a fan of the show however when their are allegations like this and involving children it makes me sick.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/tv/news/mam...ren/ar-BBbybxf

Last week TLC cancelled Here Comes Honey Boo Boo amid allegations that June "Mama June" Shannon is dating convicted child molester Mark McDaniel, but the 35-year-old mother of four stands to lose much more than just her show.

On Friday, June's eldest daughter, Anna Shannon Cardwell, who is now 20 and married with a 2-year-old daughter of her own, confirmed that she was the 8-year-old whom McDaniel molested.

While her mother has repeatedly denied that she's dating McDaniel, more evidence to the contrary continues to emerge. Sources told TMZ that Shannon's recent split with Mike "Sugar Bear" Thompson, was actually due to her own infidelity rather than his
    On Sunday, TMZ published photos of Shannon sitting in a stairwell with her 9-year-old daughter Alana "Honey Boo Boo" Thompson and McDaniel, who was convicted of aggravated child molestation charges in 2003. He was released from Dodge State Prison on March 1, 2014 after serving 10 years behind bars.

The scandal has already lost the family their show, but June could stand to lose custody of her three daughters, Lauryn "Pumpkin" Shannon, 14, Jessica "Chubbs" Shannon, 17, and Alana, according to a spokesperson for child services.

"Generally speaking, when we receive a report that children are living around a sex offender ... it would certainly rise to the level of concern of us looking into it," Susan Boatwright, a representative of Georgia's Division of Family and Child Services, told People magazine.
    Due to privacy laws, Boatwright was unable to say if there are any ongoing investigations into the allegations against June Shannon, but did say, "If we thought a child was in harm's way in any way, shape or form, we would develop a safety plan and make sure the children are not around an offender."

--------------------------------------

If these allegations are true..Why on earth would someone date a sex offender and especially if you have children! Her eldest daughter is the one he molested years ago and you are dating him now?!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by toban; Mon, Oct 27th, 2014 at 10:57 PM.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

so very sad if true

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

I don't watch regularly but didn't she just marry Sugar Bear?
    I guess it's true what they say about people who live together divorcing more often than those who don't.

I was hoping that in spite of everything she had her head on straight.
    Hopefully it's not true for the sake of her children.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SharonMe View Post
    I don't watch regularly but didn't she just marry Sugar Bear?
    I guess it's true what they say about people who live together divorcing more often than those who don't.

I was hoping that in spite of everything she had her head on straight.
    Hopefully it's not true for the sake of her children.
    I don't watch the show but I don't think it was a legal marriage.
    SharonMe likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

They had a commitment ceremony last year. He wanted to marry her, but she wouldn't.
    Shwa Girl and SharonMe like this.

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Does anybody wonder what the attraction is to a Pedophile????!!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    They had a commitment ceremony last year. He wanted to marry her, but she wouldn't.
    This may be the reason why
    June Thompson (aka Mamma June) net worth and salary: June Thompson is an American reality television personality who has a net worth of $1 million dollars
    Natalka and SharonMe like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MortgageQueen View Post

In general or in this case??

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    This may be the reason why

June Thompson (aka Mamma June) net worth and salary: June Thompson is an American reality television personality who has a net worth of $1 million dollars

June has invested large sums of money for the children since minor stars of reality tv shws are not covered by legislation regarding payment for appearing unlike actors who are covered by the Coogan Law.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MortgageQueen View Post

One could also ask what is the attraction to mama June?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

This whole situation is sick and that woman is disgusting. Someone molested HER CHILD and she not only tells that kid that she was lying, but then begins dating the guy again?

If my child even hinted that someone had hurt them that would be the end of the line. No way, no how would I believe a man over my child.

Plus look at those kids, they're obese (except for the oldest one) just like she is. The youngest one is probably nearly 130 pounds. That's child abuse, no kid gets to be that fat unless they suck back straight sugar and fat all day long every day. Pixie Sticks and slush puppies are not a meal.

She should have her kids taken away.
    Patty Smyth and lecale like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

while I'm not defending Ms Shannon's actions regarding the molestation of her daughter and her taking up with the convicted abuser, can we please stop throwing personal insults about the family's looks and weight?

Those things are irrelevant to and a distraction from the previous abuse of a minor and the potential of future abuse by this person of the other girls in the family.
    Natalka and Shwa Girl like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 09:22 AM.
    Thumpersmom and Tbites like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

About 20 years ago when I left my abusive marriage I had to stay at a women's shelter...or rather I got to. There was a woman there with 5 nice kids. She seemed alright. After she was in second stage housing she forfeited her kids to live with the guy who was on charges for abusing her 7 year old daughter. No matter how people appear nobody is in that persons head. Very sad.
    lecale likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    while I'm not defending Ms Shannon's actions regarding the molestation of her daughter and her taking up with the convicted abuser, can we please stop throwing personal insults about the family's looks and weight?

Those things are irrelevant to and a distraction from the previous abuse of a minor and the potential of future abuse by this person of the other girls in the family.
    I don't think the fact that all of the children in her care are morbidly obese is irrelevant. I wasn't in any way using that as an insult, either.

The fact is that the woman is obviously not feeding her children nourishing food and couldn't give less of a crap about their health (and as someone who is obese herself and suffering health problems related to her obesity, she should be concerned for them) if they're at the state of obesity they're all at.

Feeding nothing but garbage to kids who can't do anything about it is abusive. If dating the guy who molested one of her kids isn't reason enough to take them away, not providing them with basic necessities like good food (it's not like they're currently poor and can't afford anything more expensive than beans and rice and mr noodles) is just more reason that this woman is not making good choices for her children and should be relieved of them so as not to damage the poor children even more.
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information