• 1 Post By hannahtjmom
  • 1 Post By Kwala
  • 1 Post By Kwala
  • 2 Post By DianneS

Thread: Sears Online Sucks

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I 'thought' my Sears online purchase would be fulfilled after receiving an order confirmation - yay - not so fast. Reason for my purchase? My young daughter moved from Ontario to Alberta and took possession of her unfurnished apartment August 1st, as her birthday is August 12th we decided to buy her a mattress, box spring, bed frame, bedding and a crockpot which came to a grand total of $1,101.25. My daughter received an automated phone message from Sears to also confirm the delivery for Saturday August 9th - yay - once again not so fast. My daughter called Sears to let them know her apartment door buzzer doesn't work, during that conversation Sears advised her the order was cancelled due to them calling my home to verify this was a legitimate purchase - does that mean Sears don't have a legitimate and secure online service? When you read through the 'terms of sale' to be fair they all say the same thing, they do not have to fulfill an order even after sending an order confirmation. So if you plan on waiting at home for a phone call from Sears to make sure your online purchase is 'real' go ahead they do have awesome deals but if you NEED some and I quote "big ticket items" like a $479 bed you had better stay home otherwise they'll enforce the small print. BTW they have my daytime and evening numbers and obviously my email address. They confirm orders but do not tell you that they have cancelled your delivery. So for me, that was very poor customer service and I will return the favour by being a poor customer and now refuse to deal with Sears or receive any gifts bought from their store either. Won't be using their Gift Registry for upcoming weddings either. Where are my scissors, I have a credit card to cut up.
    This thread is currently associated with: Sears, Spring Shoes

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

That's unfortunate for you and your daughter! I do not know who calls you and if the call is from a Canadian-based Sears call centre or an overseas centre contracted to handle the telephone orders.

One thing you have not missed is that the delivery would likely have been made by a third-party service team and truck. I noticed that when a new fridge (it works but the variety of noises it makes when it cycles on can be a soundtrack CD) from 2012 was delivered, the truck did not have the Sears logo on it. The duo doing the delivery were quite good and also removed the old fridge out to another spot but made it clear reassembly of the old unit was not part of their visit. That was fine.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

That really sucks, I'm sorry to hear about that. I can relate to the order confirming thing however, a relative told me how they had a sears card, hadn't used it in at least 5 years and randomly got a phone call from sears one day verifying a purchase made in Vancouver (they live in Ontario). They said hell no that isn't a legit purchase and while you're at it, cancel our sears card.

Sadly those things do happen. People ruin it for those like you and mess things up for legit purchases.
    Ciel and Decaf like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 09:47 AM.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@ GracieAnne-Sears did not cancel your relatives' card after 1 year of no activity? That is the line I got when I tried to order on my card after a few years of inactivity.
    strew likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I never liked Sears, their agents are very rude and unhelpful and that explains why they are closing down their stores

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I would call Sears head office and complain. Request they give you some kind of compensation too? You never know.
    Ciel likes this.
    Check out my new life blog.
    https://plus.google.com/114910790929192660665/posts
    I will be posting on it once a week. Hopefully it will provide you with a hint or two that you can translate to your own life, to make it better. Mine keeps getting better every day!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Why can't they try to call you at another time if they can't reach you the first time...seems stupid to just throw away a $1,101.25 sale when all it take was putting the order on "pending status" until they verified the purchase. No wonder they are closing stores.
    Ciel likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Very maddening for you and disappointing for you and DD. Fingers crossed it all works out for you in the end.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Very disappointing. I can understand where you are coming from. I purchased Washer and Dryer from there couple of years ago, no problem with the delivery or anything but when I saw the statement for the purchase we had negative 800 something points. I called them to ask why I had negative points even though we spent close to 2,000 for the washer and dryer including warranty. I was told that we didn't get points for the purchase because washer and dryer was on special in store. When I argued that it still didn't explain the negative balance and the points I had previously not being there, I was told because of inactivity of my card, my points were taken away and they will change the negative points balance to 0.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I also tried purchasing a watch online for Christmas couple of years ago but my order was cancelled as well.
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cinpow View Post
    I never liked Sears, their agents are very rude and unhelpful and that explains why they are closing down their stores

Have to agree with you. I will never forget when my dad died several years ago. My mom missed a payment and when they called to remind her, she apologized saying her husband had died and she had forgotten. Their response? Whether someone dies or not, it is your responsibility to make your payment on time. Needless to say, no one in our family has shopped at Sears since.
    niro_anan and Ciel like this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Thread Information