User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: I thought vacations were suppose to be relaxing!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

OP needs her girlfriends to rally round her and get her to laugh, snack and problem solve, find out if a stove top secondhand can be had for a reasonable sum or new part ($$$).

Good that you told your brother the $$ news. I'd be tempted to let the nephew's doctor know about the head lice in case followup is needed. It does not seem the kid's own parents have taken the issue seriously. I don't wish for the youth to have another round but brother likely did not wash the bedding at home while son was away with you?
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  hugsfrommelovebear.gif
Views: 200
Size:  37.5 KB

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

I'm so sorry it was such a horrible vacation.... I think I would have ended it at the "lice" and send the nephew home
    In my older age - I've learned how to say "no" more often rather than do things for family that I used to feel "guilted" into doing My 3 darling brothers have now come to understand that I don't put up with that anymore.... and now when I do say "yes" quite often I have conditions attached Life will get better though.... too bad about your lovely stove - but it could have been worse...
    22hicks, Ciel, seylz_gurl and 2 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Wow, what an insane vacation. At least no one got seriously injured. But it sounds like you need a rest now!

But head lice are terrible. When I was a kid, they went through my school twice (same family, my Mom who was a teacher of some of the kids figured it was coming from the dad). I also remember going to camp and some parents sent their kid to camp with lice. And they definitely knew, because I remember the kid telling everyone that she had lice. Gross.
    22hicks and i_forget like this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

OMG...you should be on that show, when vacations attack!

I'm so sorry about your stove, but at least the cats didn't decide to sleep in that warm area and get hurt. As for your brother......he owes you a HUGE thank you. 1 of my gs has ADHD, so I feel your pain with no meds, not only for you, but for him, poor kid. It'a also medically unsafe for him to just stop like that, what up with your brother?
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm sorry you experienced a horrible vacation It sounds like you could use a few days to relax and do something you enjoy
    Last edited by toban; Tue, Aug 12th, 2014 at 05:30 PM.
    22hicks, Ciel and i_forget like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    OMG...you should be on that show, when vacations attack!

I'm so sorry about your stove, but at least the cats didn't decide to sleep in that warm area and get hurt. As for your brother......he owes you a HUGE thank you. 1 of my gs has ADHD, so I feel your pain with no meds, not only for you, but for him, poor kid. It'a also medically unsafe for him to just stop like that, what up with your brother?
    Shall we put it nicely and say that he is not one of the smartest people in the world, he is stubborn, selfish and spends his time playing video games and looking for ways to blame others for his woes?
    22hicks, Ciel and francine1985 like this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information