User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey

so i wasn't sure exactly where to put this in the forum but im looking for some advice. I've had my macbook for 3 years now and 2 days ago it wouldn't turn on. I took it to the apple store and they told me something is wrong with the logic board and it'll be a $500+ fix, the guy at the apple store said he wouldnt recommend paying for the repair. I've had no big problems with my mac all these years and i dont know how this happened.

So now im not sure what to do, just buy another one? I've heard of some people selling their broken mac for parts but i don't know how to go about that. Does anyone know of any other place I can take my macbook to be fixed??

=/
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple, MAC Cosmetics

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It's funny that you didn't have any warning of imminent logicboard failure - it's a rather important part.

I wouldn't try replacing it myself. While I wouldn't hesitate to take apart my PCs, I know the Macs are a different animal. The parts are completely integrated within the system. This is why Macs can be so compact.

If you do find someone willing to fix it for a good price, I would suggest you take out the hard drive. Certainly take it out if you plan on disposing of it. This step if fairly easy to do, just look up a tutorial on Youtube.

I would be disappointed if I only got 3 years use out of my MacBookPro, they are supposed to be good for many years.

I hope you can get this sorted out. If you want to buy a new one, they have moved onto the faster processors, no more core2duo.

Thread Information