User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree343Likes

Thread: why do some people(not all-a small amount) on here want gold for coupons

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Maintaining a trade and wish list is a pain in the butt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That`s why i dont have either. I would love to trade more often here, but the majority of my coupons are french only and people dont want to trade for them even though the coupons expressly state that they are good throughout Canada! Also some people want an arm, leg and first born for their coupons, like they were made of gold or something. Me, i prefer to trade for ``P`` stamps.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Oh I hear ya!!! I lurked on SC for a few years then joined 2 years ago, and just started trading a few weeks ago. Somebody needs to put a disclaimer on the trade thread that reads: "Coupons aren't actually money, you know! Get over yourself!!" Or worse, it's like some people start "playing keepaway" with coupons once they know you want them. What the **BLEEP** is up with that??!!??
    Like in every pocket of life, there are some seriously greedy buggers on SC too. Just move on. There are tons of terrific, warm, generous, kindhearted people here to spend your time with. Don't waste your time with the others.
    It takes a tremendous amount if time to put a trade and wish list together. It's hard, and very time consuming. But it IS worth the time. I've saved a small fortune just in these few weeks I've been trading, so even with a couple of setbacks I'll continue to do so.

Trading Score
    240 (100%)

I agree Usually, I pretty much tend to stick with the same traders Those that ask for "gold"....I stay away from LOL

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

The very first trade I did, I felt so ripped off and didn't trade for a long while. Since then I've found an amazing trader that I stick with, that seems to be the key. It does make me wonder sometimes, seeing what people want for their normal, easy to find coupons. Makes me wonder how they ever find people to trade with.

Trading Score
    247 (100%)

I've been on a bit of a hiatus (about two years) from SC, and there seems to be less people trading these days... but the tried and true traders are still here, and they are still as generous as always

As for GC's... people have their own opinions on the issue but as far as I'm concerned if I spend $10.75 on buying a GC and mailing it, and that gets me $50 in coupons I will use.... I've still saved $39.25.

Some people won't buy stamps to trade, some won't buy GC, but I'm like IF I'M STILL SAVING, WHO CARES ?! Lol. Just my two cents.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by canirishmum View Post
    I've been on a bit of a hiatus (about two years) from SC,
    Welcome back to the forum.
    SnowFlakey, ticul and oscarandme like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    116 (100%)

I agreed that some traders' expectations are overwhelming at times. At the end of the day, we all need to use our judgment. When I joined SC back in February, it was hard but not as difficult as now. I haven't been updating my TL and WL lately with my shift over to trains which makes it even harder. I have done RAOKs for newbies to get them started because I benefit from it when I first started.

Anyhow, coupons aren't made of gold so don't be discourage by it. For those who haven't tried out trains and are interested, I have one currently boarding.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupontime View Post
    I agreed that some traders' expectations are overwhelming at times. At the end of the day, we all need to use our judgment. When I joined SC back in February, it was hard but not as difficult as now. I haven't been updating my TL and WL lately with my shift over to trains which makes it even harder. I have done RAOKs for newbies to get them started because I benefit from it when I first started.

Anyhow, coupons aren't made of gold so don't be discourage by it. For those who haven't tried out trains and are interested, I have one currently boarding.
    Sometimes trains are just as bad, I've never done a VWT because of that. Been tempted to sign up for one, but seeing some of the wish lists posted and realizing I have zero coupons on the list, sending stamps and gc's defeat the purpose a bit.
    SnowFlakey, ticul, Tbites and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    I haven't had any problems trading but then i don't really trade. Like Sunshyne1 said, if I have the coupons and you need them, I'll just give them to you. The demands for trading coupons has really gotten bonkers.
    yes she sure does!! ( I am a thankful recipient of the Wolfwoman's handouts!! )

babies teach us acceptance

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    116 (100%)

True, but it's an option. I find traditional trains helpful because I am the type who hardly buys any packaging products and the coupons are all in there. VWT has a degree of difficulty and I agree to GracieAnne because I can't accommodate to riders at times. Traditional trains are somewhat pure luck, similar to you trading with certain couponers, it is also pure luck on whether you bump into a good one or one that would rip you off.
    SnowFlakey, ticul and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    Maintaining a trade and wish list is a pain in the butt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That`s why i dont have either. I would love to trade more often here, but the majority of my coupons are french only and people dont want to trade for them even though the coupons expressly state that they are good throughout Canada! Also some people want an arm, leg and first born for their coupons, like they were made of gold or something. Me, i prefer to trade for ``P`` stamps.
    I will give you my 1st born son, no trade needed

I rarely trade and usually just give my extra's, its a lot less stressful. Although recently I have not been doing that and have let some expire, need to fix that.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Anyone need the following? No trade needed:

10x Save $1.50 with the purchase of 2 IOGO zip products- Feb 2015

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

.....this thread might be best suited for the 'rant' section....just sayin'
    SnowFlakey, ticul and Anna Michele like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

this thread was moved here by a mod -I started this thread in the rant section maybe because it generating a lot of discussion
    SnowFlakey, sdddmd, ticul and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    240 (100%)

Anyone want FREE (no trade required): 2 X FPC Alokozay Tea (printed in colour with unique id's) Expire Oct 11 Though.....

Please be sure it is available in your city/ province though
    apparently only available in Alberta, Ontario, BC, Manitoba, Sask, NS & Quebec

EDIT: Someone just claimed these
    Last edited by sdddmd; Fri, Oct 3rd, 2014 at 06:07 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information