User Tag List

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree639Likes

Thread: Contest Over

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

my grandkids are home for the next 4 days i think i'll run away from home for my own sanity
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    Oh my gosh! That's insane! How did you handle it? Especially over Christmas!
    We thankfully survived! We stayed at home from Sunday until early Tuesday morning, when my son couldn't stop crying because it was too darn cold. Thankfully, DH bought a camping stove on Saturday before the storm hit and we used it to heat up water for hot chocolate and soup for several dinners.

To top it off, we don't have any fireplaces in our house so it got really cold. We only had 4 tea light candles and 1 small sized candle from my DD's school Christmas present to light up at night, which burned fairly fast.

On Tuesday, we ended up checking into a nearby Super 8 and then stayed there until Christmas morning. DH's co-worker invited us to their house for dinner and we stayed overnight until Boxing Day.

It was a very hard and challenging 5 days. I felt like we were homeless. DH and I barely ate and the kids were all taken away from their bedrooms.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Argh!

Apparently my iPod is too old... I've barely had it for a year and a half.

Tapatalk requires 7.0 software to post pictures all of a sudden but I only have 6.1.6. Apparently that's the best for 4th generation iPods.

No way I can pay another $300 for a new iPod just to post pics. Stupid tapatalk! And Apple for that matter. Why do they have to make everything so hard?
    I have a 16GB iPod Touch 4th gen that I bought refurbished last year from Apple.ca and it's mainly for the kid's apps. But now, with the IOS 8 upgrade, it's practically dead. It's gotten so slow and my kids have moved on to using my iPad 4 instead.

I also bought a refurbished 32GB iPod Touch 5th gen from Apple.ca last year and it was $219. I saw it this year in their refurbished store for even less.

Both products were practically new, no scratches or anything to make it seem used.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

okies another christmas gift done (yay amazon) and another one ordered so all parents and inlaws are taken care of
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    Sooo tired I think I saw every hour last night... I just could not sleep. This should be an interesting day.
    i've done that.. thanks to the damn "cold" that makes me cough every time i lay down

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    What's everyone up to today?

i'm hoping to get off my butt here as soon as the need for tissues and sneezing stops, get dressed and do a tad bit of running around before i have to collect the kidlet from school...

i'm also still debating on if we're going to the school "game night/quiz night" tonight...

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Braved WM today to get Lego.

A friend told me they have the 1600 piece Lego for $40 again. I bought that a couple years ago and the kids love it. DS asked Santa for Lego so I wanted to get another set. It's nice that its just blocks (rather than a set) so the kids can use their imagination, and with the 3200 + pieces they now have they *hopefully* won't fight for pieces. DD is also getting 2 of the Lego friends kits.
    Last edited by bargain_hunter_lola; Thu, Nov 27th, 2014 at 02:45 PM.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I thought DD was trying to trick me this morning...

She said tomorrow is a PA Day and I kept saying its not. Finally I said I'll check the calendar in case I'm wrong. Ugh sure enough! A PA Day on Black Friday!! Guess DH gets to entertain the kids, I have shopping plans. lol
    JadeAngel likes this.

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i've done that.. thanks to the damn "cold" that makes me cough every time i lay down
    That was partly my problem last night too... along with DBF coughing all night and being too stubborn to take anything

A friend told me they have the 1600 piece Lego for $40 again. I bought that a couple years ago and the kids love it. DS asked Santa for Lego so I wanted to get another set. It's nice that its just blocks (rather than a set) so the kids can use their imagination, and with the 3200 + pieces they now have they *hopefully* won't fight for pieces. DD is also getting 2 of the Lego friends kits.
    My kids go through phases with legos, I bought them a whole bunch over the summer at yard sales and I pull them out when they've had too much screen time.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

I just pulled mincemeat tarts out of the oven! One of my clients gave me homemade mincemeat so I made 2 pies and 2 dozen tarts... I've never had it homemade before (I always just buy it in the store) so I'm excited to try it!!
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

bah don't you hate it when you go out and do running around and forget 1 important thing?

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

we're a lego household also at the moment.. though miss toodle pants calls it legrow lol when i saw it in the flyer i was giddy lol that was just what i saw looking for i managed to buy one online last night (surprised if it was on the shelf today it's a black friday deal, and not regular stock) it's nice it's not a planned kit... i dislike the planned kit but to buy just plain blocks is expensive!! next i'm going to buy the big building sheets which are woderful though nearly $10 each! (gotta hit toys r us for those)

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

good evening everyone.....sniff, sniff?? Do I smell fresh mincemeat tarts?? ( ha ha ) So I felt like a DORK today going out of my way to drive to a Giant Tiger wanting to grab 2 of those " flexi-garden hoses" ( on sale 2 of them each 25' for $10.00 ) and when I ask where they are they tell me sale is ONLY for Fri/Sat/Sun ( the Black Friday deals) grrr! Now I have to return first thing tomorrow. I am scraping the bottom of the barrel here for ideas for DH's Xmas gifts. This is the first item that I know he can actually use and might think is neat!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    we're a lego household also at the moment.. though miss toodle pants calls it legrow lol when i saw it in the flyer i was giddy lol that was just what i saw looking for i managed to buy one online last night (surprised if it was on the shelf today it's a black friday deal, and not regular stock) it's nice it's not a planned kit... i dislike the planned kit but to buy just plain blocks is expensive!! next i'm going to buy the big building sheets which are woderful though nearly $10 each! (gotta hit toys r us for those)
    I just got my flyer tonight and saw them. Didn't realize they were only Black Friday - just thought they were Christmas stock. But my store had a big display of them. So happy to grab one. I looked online first (I hate going into WM) but didn't see them so decided to brave dreaded WM. lol

The building plates are crazy expensive for what they are. We have 2 green and 1 blue. Of course the kids fight for the over the 1 blue one. lol. Isn't that always the way? lol

So anyone else heading out first thing tomorrow? I'm planning to go to Target, Toyrus and Canadian Tire.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information