User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree174Likes

Thread: 30% now off clearance Loblaws stores-

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Sometimes the people buying are wealthy. They try to save their wealth too. I have seen them shop these deals as well
    Or maybe they know they are going to finish it the same day, so why pay full price?
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jan 17th, 2015 at 11:04 AM.
    ROMEO, Shwa Girl and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Here in Regina I still see 50% off veggies, fruit and bread products - I just bought a lot of potatoes and mushrooms but meat is 30%
    ROMEO and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

I agree if people don't buy at 30% they my change their tune

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Yup, I agree completely. Sooner or later they're going to discover that no one will be buying the 30% products because it's just not worth it. I'd rather wait for a sale on the same product and get a fresh one than pay the same discounted price on something not so fresh.

I went shopping today and the big fruit trays were marked down 30% off. Now had it been 50% I might have considered buying it but 30% isn't worth it for me. They're making a ton of money off those fruit trays as it is, you can't tell me that they're going to lose money if they slap a 50 on that tray.
    ROMEO and Poirot like this.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I remember when RCSS used to put prices on the reduced rather then this stupid "xx" % off silliness. It used to be bread reduced to say $0.99 or veg and fruit $0.49-0.99 for a tray(I know No Frills still does this) . Then they moved to 50% off which was a pain in the ass as they never put the regular price on the pink label (even though there is a spot to write it down) so you would either have to know the price, find a scanner (which my local RCSS has gone from 4 scanners down to 1 and last time I was there that 1 wasn't even working) or go to the shelf and find the current price. Seriously, if it weren't for the points and the fact I price match everything I can to get those points (like hell I am going to pay full price) I wouldn't likely shop there too often. The PC Plus points are great when you can price match and use a coupon to get them!
    ROMEO, GoJays, Shwa Girl and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kiwis-mom View Post
    I remember when RCSS used to put prices on the reduced rather then this stupid "xx" % off silliness. It used to be bread reduced to say $0.99 or veg and fruit $0.49-0.99 for a tray(I know No Frills still does this) . Then they moved to 50% off which was a pain in the ass as they never put the regular price on the pink label (even though there is a spot to write it down) so you would either have to know the price, find a scanner (which my local RCSS has gone from 4 scanners down to 1 and last time I was there that 1 wasn't even working) or go to the shelf and find the current price. Seriously, if it weren't for the points and the fact I price match everything I can to get those points (like hell I am going to pay full price) I wouldn't likely shop there too often. The PC Plus points are great when you can price match and use a coupon to get them!
    I take a bunch of reduced items to the customer service desk, if they don't put the price.
    Or, I just tell ask a cashier who does not have anyone in their line, to do a price check for me.
    ROMEO and SavvyLady like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Was in RCSS the other day 30% off pink stickers everywhere, if they had of been 50% probably would have tripled what we spent but due to them only being 30% only bought what was on my list.

I start my shopping at the 50% off rack (or at least i used too). I was extremely disapointed when i saw 30% on everything. My feeling is that people wont buy perishibales which are close to expiry when they can pay full price for "fresh" they make way more money from full price. And I don't believe that foodbanks are getting these bakery items, most of the stuff left is past due and ofter already moldy. I've been caught a few times with moldy items from the 50% off rack. I'm now exclusively buying my bread milk and eggs from shoppers. They routinely discount their items as they approach the due date. I get bread, bagels or english muffins from anywhwere form .09 to .99.
    ROMEO and Arvilish like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I don't mind 30 % off on bakery.

But meat & produce & dairy has to be 50 % off , because it gets spoiled so quickly & most of it is already in such a bad state by the time its put on clearance.

The clearnace produce used to be decent , but thesedays its not even fit for the compost , its already rotten & garbage, by the time its put out.
    lecale likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kiwis-mom View Post
    i thought it was just my store!! we used to have about three or four scanners and now i can't tell you where even one is.. it's so annoying

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I still some 50 percent stickers in RCSS East Regina but only a few - things that were expiring soon but I saw a lot of 30% stickers and the expiry date was either past like Starbucks Kcups expired Dec 15-2014 or things expiring before Xmas.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

WOW today at my store there were no more 30% off stickers. ONLY 25%.

Such BS, that is ridiculous.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

OK

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I won't buy much clearance att all now that my store appears to have moved to 30% on all clearance. Let's face it, that's off full price on many items. I can buy on the regular sales cycle and get fresh products for the same net price or less.
    Last edited by DianneS; Sun, Dec 21st, 2014 at 01:44 PM.
    d.ot likes this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jan 17th, 2015 at 10:57 AM.
    d.ot likes this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    WOW today at my store there were no more 30% off stickers. ONLY 25%.

Such BS, that is ridiculous.
    Same at my local store. 30% only lasted a few weeks. Last week, all pink stickers were 25%. I have not bought any clearance items since the 30% and now I will definitely not buying. I probably take my business to Walmart unless I get really good PC bonus points offer then I'll shop at RCSS/NF.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information