User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Amazing product for my sick dog!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

very happy that your dogs health returned to normal!! What an adorable pooch!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Aw, so adorable. I am glad he is feeling better.
    ROMEO and SavvyLady like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

The man who turned blue, Paul Karason, died in 2013 at 62.
    I remember seeing him on a talk show. The article says colloidal silver had been used for thousand of years before the discovery of antibiotics. It seems to be safe when taken as directed.
    We know antibiotics also causes problems when not taken as directed and cause the super bugs that are resistant.
    http://www.today.com/health/real-lif...oke-4B11243410

another article on a politician who self treated.
    http://www.thesilveredge.com/blueman.shtml#.VKbBdyvF-7k
    Last edited by SharonMe; Fri, Jan 2nd, 2015 at 11:09 AM.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Your pup is super cute!

While I do agree that vets can be expensive I think we need to expect to pay for these types of "emergencies" no matter how frugal we are. I also think that a lot of vets do overcharge for a lot of unneccessary procedures. You can still be very frugal and have your pet taken to a doctor by doing some basic research into the health of your species.

There are other ways to save for pet expenses as well. For example the allergy formula food we have to feed our kiddos that is super expensive does have coupons on their facebook page every month that you can print. You could also try calling your manufactuer of your brand and requesting some too. Watching the sales obviously and stocking up when it goes low.

If your pet is on meds long term (like us lucky folks!) your vet may be willing to write a perscription free of charge so you can get it a bit cheaper at a human pharmacy (costco, walmart).

I know your pup is feeling better but I do suggest you still atleast take him/her for a check-up and atleast let them know what happened, the symptoms, what you gave and the dosage as well as how much better he is doing. They will need to have it all on file for any future visits and they can give you that extra reassurance that it was just something minor like a sore throat or allergic reaction and not maybe a throat tumor for example that has just gone down in swelling. $100 exam fee can go a long way in preventative medicine.

EDIT: I just wanted to add another cost effective measure we have implemented with our two cats. We do not get our cats vaccinated. I have done lots of research into this and its also for personal reasons we don't do it. Our cats are indoor only and don't come into contact with other animals. Now if we had a dog that would be another story and a whole 'nother research session. From my limited knowledge I know right off the bat that I would definitely do heartworm testing/prevention, yearly flea prevention and yearly parasite testing only based upon the reason that dogs go outside.
    Last edited by PurpleBunny89; Fri, Jan 2nd, 2015 at 12:24 PM.
    ROMEO and avoncallingu like this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jan 17th, 2015 at 10:44 AM.
    ROMEO and SavvyLady like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

5. Yogurt. High in calcium and protein. But make sure to only choose yogurts that do not contain artificial sweeteners or added sugars. Yogurts with active bacteria can act as a probiotic and are good for your dog’s digestive system.

Read more: http://www.cesarsway.com/dog-care/do...#ixzz3NgiScDBL

Just in case people are thinking they should feed their dogs fruit type Yogurt. All natural plain and check the label to see if it has active cultures in it. And add it to their diet slowly. My dog is 80lbs and he only gets about a tablespoon a day, too much yogurt can cause gastrointestinal upset.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Vets and doctors have to study for at least a half a dozen years before they can treat anybody, but anybody can spend an afternoon on the internet and study up to be Dr. Mengele re: their dog in just hours.

Don't use your dog as a science experiment.
    I do not feel I was using my dog as a science experiment, I was going to try this based on the reviews I read on the internet, if it didn't work after a few days I would have probably taken him to a vet.It happened to work for me and I would do it again if I had to.Just like when my children were sick I didn't rush to the emergency room or doctors office right away I tried things first at home, then made a decision to go to a doctor or not..some people need to go to the doctors for every little thing...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    Your pup is super cute!

While I do agree that vets can be expensive I think we need to expect to pay for these types of "emergencies" no matter how frugal we are. I also think that a lot of vets do overcharge for a lot of unneccessary procedures. You can still be very frugal and have your pet taken to a doctor by doing some basic research into the health of your species.

There are other ways to save for pet expenses as well. For example the allergy formula food we have to feed our kiddos that is super expensive does have coupons on their facebook page every month that you can print. You could also try calling your manufactuer of your brand and requesting some too. Watching the sales obviously and stocking up when it goes low.

If your pet is on meds long term (like us lucky folks!) your vet may be willing to write a perscription free of charge so you can get it a bit cheaper at a human pharmacy (costco, walmart).

I know your pup is feeling better but I do suggest you still atleast take him/her for a check-up and atleast let them know what happened, the symptoms, what you gave and the dosage as well as how much better he is doing. They will need to have it all on file for any future visits and they can give you that extra reassurance that it was just something minor like a sore throat or allergic reaction and not maybe a throat tumor for example that has just gone down in swelling. $100 exam fee can go a long way in preventative medicine.

EDIT: I just wanted to add another cost effective measure we have implemented with our two cats. We do not get our cats vaccinated. I have done lots of research into this and its also for personal reasons we don't do it. Our cats are indoor only and don't come into contact with other animals. Now if we had a dog that would be another story and a whole 'nother research session. From my limited knowledge I know right off the bat that I would definitely do heartworm testing/prevention, yearly flea prevention and yearly parasite testing only based upon the reason that dogs go outside.
    I do bring my dog for yearly check -ups and he has all his shots and vaccines..rabies etc..up to date. I used to get his yearly flea prevention until I realized they were charging me $110.00 and they sell the exact same product in the States for $39.99, on sale sometimes for $29.99.. Advantage...
    One time my dog had a sebaceous gland,the vet said I'm pretty sure it's a sebaceous gland but let's do a biopsy to make sure, the biopsy wasn't bad $35.00 but then she said bichon's are prone to these. She said you don't have to remove it but if you want it would be $250.00 plus he would have to stay overnight in the office! I believe the total was close to $400.. It was a very small lump, so I said I would think about it..I came home and were she did the prick mark for the biopsy I noticed some liquid coming out..I squeezed it out ( it didn't bother the dog) once everything was out I put some polysporan, next couple of days there was a small scab, I continued to put polysporan..the lump went away and never came back!! Sometimes I think the vet charges way to much for their services..yes they went to school, a lot of us went to school..I thing if there are other alternatives it's up to each person to decide what's best for them!!
    ROMEO, avoncallingu, Decaf and 2 others like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jan 17th, 2015 at 10:44 AM.
    ROMEO likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    In non-medical terms an inflamed sebaceous gland is called a "pimple" (it happens to people too)

Not all issues are a health emergency. For instance, pimples go away on their own. Good for you if you want to spend money getting pimples biopsied, though!

If you didn't know that an inflamed sebaceous gland is called a "pimple", maybe you should not aspire to be director of healthcare.
    i knew it was a pimple it was the vet, with all her years experience who recommended the biopsy, if you read my comment...that's why I saved $400 when she recommended I remove it!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think the difference is that you had a diagnosis from your veterinarian when you chose not to have the lump removed professionally. Now, you bragged about making a diagnosis with your dog and using some random medicine on it. Dogs don't get tonsillitis or strep throat, BTW. I dont think it's a smart idea to play doctor with your pets health when they act as sick as you described. You still didn't get a diagnosis for the dogs issue and don't know what was causing the swelling. I apologize if I came off as rude in my original post but it really bothers me that people would be cheap with their pets health and then brag about spending $200 on household items.

I have worked professionally in veterinary care for the past 10 years so it's always irritating when people say they don't have money for a veterinarian when their pet is ill and yet they have hundreds of dollars to blow on things they don't need. Again, I apologize if my original post was rude or offensive.
    ROMEO and PurpleBunny89 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponcrazy1 View Post
    I think the difference is that you had a diagnosis from your veterinarian when you chose not to have the lump removed professionally. Now, you bragged about making a diagnosis with your dog and using some random medicine on it. Dogs don't get tonsillitis or strep throat, BTW. I dont think it's a smart idea to play doctor with your pets health when they act as sick as you described. You still didn't get a diagnosis for the dogs issue and don't know what was causing the swelling. I apologize if I came off as rude in my original post but it really bothers me that people would be cheap with their pets health and then brag about spending $200 on household items.

I have worked professionally in veterinary care for the past 10 years so it's always irritating when people say they don't have money for a veterinarian when their pet is ill and yet they have hundreds of dollars to blow on things they don't need. Again, I apologize if my original post was rude or offensive.
    I figured some people replying to this thread may be vets or work in veterinary clinics..I was just saying people have to make decisions when to go to a vet and how much they want to pay vets and that there are alternatives to going to vets..such as natural remedies, like I mentioned..I wasn't telling people not to go to vets, I was telling them what worked for me and I,still stand by it!! If you're checking out my other threads and saw that I saved $200 recently, it's not because I was going cheap on my pet it is called being a good shopper to get an almost $500 lawnmower for $120 dollars is a great deal when you need one!! Instead of paying $500 in the summer when they will be full price!! But it does help that the money I saved from going to the vet allowed me to buy these things!!
    ROMEO and Cata like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

To clarify in case people didn't read the article, the man who got blue skin from the silver did not die from using the silver. He had a history of cardiac issues and was a heavy smoker.

There is a woman in America who used the silver as a nose drop when she was a child. It was prescribed for her by her ENT MD and four years later, she developed the blue tinge to her skin.
    She's 71 now and is trying to raise awareness of the possible change to the skin when using this. She's not against it's use however, just trying to make people aware of the risks to the skin color.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...uilt-body.html

Colloidal silver was banned for use in treating ebola, despite the large number of deaths due to the virus and people willing to donate the treatment.
    I suspect the fact that it can be made at home is a reason that it there is little interest in testing it. Not a lot of money to be made.
    I'm not advocating it but it's a shame it's not being studied more. Holistic treatment is not always snake oil and conventional medicine is not the cure all.

Dogs and tonsillitis.
    http://www.vcahospitals.com/main/pet...is-in-dogs/726
    However any infection can cause your glands to swell and it may have healed on it's own but good for you for researching alternatives. Obviously it's something you felt safe enough to try yourself.
    Although I don't know if I'd treat my pet with the silver as a first resort, I wish I'd known about it when our cat was sick with asthma and the treatment that the vet prescribed didn't work. We paid a lot of money for the prescription, the vet visits and the even bought special treats designed to put the pill in and a special pill dispenser that she hated. I'd pay twice as much happily to have her healthy but in the end she didn't make it.
    ROMEO, dizzyb, Decaf and 1 others like this.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks Sharonme and everyone else for all your threads, private messages and nice comments..I didn't realize a comment about a natural health product that worked for me would have such interest, but that's what this forum is all about.there will be people who agree and people who don't that's just the way it is..I don't expect everyone to agree and that's not what I was trying to do, I just wanted to inform people for them to make their own decisions..dont worry I don't take anything to heart!! I love my dog who is 9 years old and he loves me,unconditionally,and that's fine with me!!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jan 17th, 2015 at 10:41 AM.
    ROMEO, SharonMe and SavvyLady like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information