User Tag List

Page 41 of 68 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree2503Likes

Thread: Target leaving Canada!

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Before Target opened, there was a lot of publicity in the news (print and online) that Target was going to compete with other Canadian prices, not the US, but people still expected the US shopping experience.

Now that Target is closing, it was well publicized that items were going to be 10 - 30% off. There are big signs on the outside of the stores saying "up to 30% off". Some people are expecting 50 - 70% off.

Either people are reading the signs and watching the news and expect Target to do the exact opposite of what they said, or they want Target to fit into their idea of "liquidation". Neither really works.
    Publicized by target or media? Vancouver sun said up to 40%
    When we first announced it some Chinese media said Target closed all their doors and everything is 50%

It's confusing. I do wonder where people get their information

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bella_bamba View Post
    I am soooo jealous (and happy ) you got that palette for this price! The NYX selection at my closest location was always bare. Hoping to score some deals this weekend or at least pick up my fave Rimmel foundtion and stock up on a few since I go through a bottle every few months!
    Thanks! I have never used this brand, but it was reg. $23.99 or so and up on a high shelf so it hadn't been pawed at like anisa mentioned That is SO ICK!!
    I am thiking its going to be a decent quality. Couldn't pass it up obviously!
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by online View Post
    In similar situations in past, I have just taken the item with lower discount and went to customer service to get price adjusted. Maybe they can do something similar... let u buy at liquidation price and return at prior liquidation receipt. Good luck.
    If these were normal times, I would ask... Maybe I'll check on the return policy in person, and since I'm a "regular", they'll save me a step? We'll see. I'll try on Monday.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by xbbx View Post
    Publicized by target or media? Vancouver sun said up to 40%
    When we first announced it some Chinese media said Target closed all their doors and everything is 50%

It's confusing. I do wonder where people get their information
    I'm in Ontario and I saw the liquidation prices on Yahoo News the day before. It was also published in the Globe and Mail on February 4th: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...ticle22786931/

Then there were giant signs posted in the windows at the entrance saying up to 30% off. It's in the photos in many of today's news articles too.

I'm surprised Vancouver media is reporting something different.
    Ciel, hijinx25 and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Major news sources the night before all said 5-30%.
    Last edited by anisa; Fri, Feb 6th, 2015 at 03:55 PM.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

store I went to today was not too crowded. wanted to get eyeliner but no luck as the makeup aisles were pretty wiped out and anything left was topsy turvy. cashier told me it was non-stop for them yesterday.
    Last edited by seylz_gurl; Fri, Feb 6th, 2015 at 04:21 PM.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MeShell View Post
    vw_girl rocks and is such a sweetie! She was texting me during her shopping adventure and offered to look for a tunnel that I've had my eyes on, which my parents ended up picking up today for me at Abbotsford Target, but thanks for the offer anyways vw_girl!

LOVE all your toy pics, and quite jealous! That golf set is pretty darn cute! My guys already have a BBQ, but for $8.99, wow, what an amazing bday gift for someone else that would be! Anyways, hoping to venture out next week sometime when the crowds die down and hopefully still some good finds to be found then!
    Thank you! I love the BBQ set ever since Meeeks poste it. I don't know who it is for yet. But it wont be going in the Christmas hamper or the food banks birthday closet like a lot of these other toys because I want to make burgers with the small fry that gets it. Lol!

Hopefully one of my friends kids bday is coming up soon.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vw_girl View Post
    Thank you! I love the BBQ set ever since Meeeks poste it. I don't know who it is for yet. But it wont be going in the Christmas hamper or the food banks birthday closet like a lot of these other toys because I want to make burgers with the small fry that gets it. Lol!

Hopefully one of my friends kids bday is coming up soon.
    i wont take credit for it as someone else posted it. I just scored one

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by hijinx25 View Post
    I've done it before, no judgement from me! I bought my daughter a toy from Target at regular price gasp! and a few weeks later it went on sale. Well, she already opened hers and played with it already, so I couldn't return and rebuy. So I bought and returned with the old receipt.

will they allow me to do a return and rebuy at the same time with products purchased before liquidation started? I believe the products are the last ones I grabbed so they won't be on the shelves anymore.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Are shoes 20% Off original price or stickered price? Thanks!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by emg View Post
    Would you do price adjustments? Thanks for all the information
    nope, no price adjusting as these are no longer our prices...

BUT if you just so happened to purchase the same item on liquidation price and just so happened to return it using your old receipt from before Feb. 5 that is still within the 90 days return period…………...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dragonrider View Post
    Are shoes 20% Off original price or stickered price? Thanks!
    stickered price....not just shoes, everything is 10%-30% on top of the last price.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

any of the kids baby clothes worth it? Im going to check it out tonite
    My Trade list I have been trading for years, not a newb. Was on Couponspare for awhile, still am but its just not very energetic anymore there. Please check out my trade/wish list! Im an easy trader, I don't need dollar for dollar, as long as both sides are happy!

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

was in today they took down the self check scanners at my location.. so now the only way to check the price is to ask a staff member.. kinda annoying i'll admit.. i'd hate to annoy a staff member for something i could have easily done myself
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ssambhi View Post
    I'm tempted to go to Central City tomorrow...
    If I can I might go tonight. If I do, I'll post.
    Ciel and ssambhi like this.

Page 41 of 68 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information