CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Awesome thanks!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Target liquidation decision delayed until this afternoon
    Ontario Superior Court approval means merchandise and real estate sales could start Thursday. Landlords want to delay the real estate sales.
    http://www.thestar.com/business/2015...quidation.html

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

Quote Originally Posted by salady View Post
    You do realise that most of the time, those price check scanners never worked right? Every single time I went to my local Target, they NEVER scanned anything. I came across two price checkers with the screen all smashed in. Yeah....I'm going to stop a worker and ask him to price check the item on their PDA for me. Many I encountered were happy to do it for me and didn't throw a hissy fit.
    I do.

I'm not throwing a hissy fit. I'm merely stating I hate it when people ask me to price check their entire cart. I understand it is my job and duty to help guests with their requests, however price check 15? 20 items? or perhaps you're entire cart? 15 exact items that have an actual price tag on it? 20 exact same items with a clearance sticker? If you think that's okay then fine.

Please, check my post again.

Last edited by xbbx; Wed, Feb 4th, 2015 at 01:28 PM.
    coupondiva and Mooseenzo like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by xbbx View Post
    I feel you on that. I also had a guest who wanted a discount on an open box. Item was fine, nothing wrong. I guess some one decided to open it to see what it looked like (despite having demos RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM).
    haha well especially starting tomorrow it's just going to be a take it or leave it situation…open box? i suggest you buy some tape, since the liquidators are selling ours i can't really help you haha.
    coupondiva likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I was at my main one this morning they were unpacking palette after palette. I have never seen the store so stocked. One of the employees said to me(we have spoken many times) "This is all the stuff we should have had out in the last 2 years"

Was speaking at length with a cashier who I deal with a lot and she also worked at Zellers so this is very difficult for her. We were both a little teary eyed this morning.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    In the Q&A on the Target website (I included the red card stuff just for information):
    http://pressroom.target.ca/news/questions-answers

Will REDcard be honoured at Target Canada stores while in liquidation mode?
    Yes.
    Will Target Canada honour gift cards?
    Target Canada will continue to accept gift cards through the liquidation period. U.S. Target stores have never accepted Target Canada gift cards. That will not change.
    I was told something different this morning. No more Debit Red Card but the MC Target card will be ok. No more coupons either , I did not ask about gift cards as I have none.
    luckbealady likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by salady View Post
    You do realise that most of the time, those price check scanners never worked right? Every single time I went to my local Target, they NEVER scanned anything. I came across two price checkers with the screen all smashed in. Yeah....I'm going to stop a worker and ask him to price check the item on their PDA for me. Many I encountered were happy to do it for me and didn't throw a hissy fit.
    well the price checkers at my store (and other local ones) all worked fine and i still would be asked every 5 seconds to scan stuff which is fine but I personally wouldn't stand there and scan a guests entire cart.. a few items? sure not a problem at all but if its an entire cart i simply tell them that the price is shown as they cash out and they can easily say no thank you…thats why we have bins under each cash for the abandoned items….
    plus now that liquidation is here, finding someone who actually has a PDA could be scarce for that reason.
    Patty Smyth and coupondiva like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Winter View Post
    well the price checkers at my store (and other local ones) all worked fine and i still would be asked every 5 seconds to scan stuff which is fine but I personally wouldn't stand there and scan a guests entire cart.. a few items? sure not a problem at all but if its an entire cart i simply tell them that the price is shown as they cash out and they can easily say no thank you…thats why we have bins under each cash for the abandoned items….
    plus now that liquidation is here, finding someone who actually has a PDA could be scarce for that reason.
    The ones in the stores near me (and so your store lol) worked ok, although a little slow if you were scanning a few items but I have visited others that no matter how many times you scanned it, nothing came up. If you usually shopped at one of those stores and happened to be at another shopping, I could see why you wouldn't bother and just ask a staff member.
    Although scanning lots of items at once is rude whether you are taking up the self scanner or a staff members time
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

According to this article, 5-30% is how deep the discounts will be:

http://globalnews.ca/news/1811549/ta...69b7bbb1583487

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

All the scanners worked at my store, once and a while I wanted something scanned and for some reason many times the employees scanners gave a different price. All of them were quite happy to help.
    Ciel and Melissa Winter like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

There are also people who scan products just because they want a FREE product or $ 10 OFF , under SCOP.

Not sure if Target followed SCOP or not. Zellers didn't, except in Quebec , where its the law.

These are professional SCOPer's . They hold up the self check scanner , with a cartful of products , they don't even want or need..but are just scanning to get them for FREE.

I once saw a couple doing that in RCSS . They were literally doing it for 2-3 shopping carts ! The products which scanned right price, they were throwing them aside , like they almost didn't want it ..looked like they only wanted the wrongly scanned products !
    Patty Smyth and anastasia1009 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

My WM is bad ..at any given time , half their scanners are not working . They have a sign saying out of order & they don't bother to fix it for weeks , so its not like they don't know the problem.

Now you have to walk from one end of the store to another just to check the price , plus remember the shelf price in your mind. Gets tedious if its 4-5 products.

The staff is one of the most unhelpful you can find in WM . Thesedays I don't even bother asking them for anything as I already know the response beforehand.

If something is not on the shelf & even if they have tons of it in the back ..they are too lazy to bring it out from the back or even bother to check for stock on their computer . The standard curt response is " If we don't have it here on the shelf, we don't have it. There is nothing in the back " Most of the time its a lie , as just a few mins later , you will actually see some other worker stocking the same product ..lol.
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Wrigleys is also closing down their factory in GTA soon , due to poor gum sales. Lot of jobs being lost their too.

Another blow to the economy. 2015 is already looking bad for Canada.
    Patty Smyth and Ciel like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    There are also people who scan products just because they want a FREE product or $ 10 OFF , under SCOP.

Not sure if Target followed SCOP or not. Zellers didn't, except in Quebec , where its the law.

These are professional SCOPer's . They hold up the self check scanner , with a cartful of products , they don't even want or need..but are just scanning to get them for FREE.

I once saw a couple doing that in RCSS . They were literally doing it for 2-3 shopping carts ! The products which scanned right price, they were throwing them aside , like they almost didn't want it ..looked like they only wanted the wrongly scanned products !
    No, Target didn't participate in SCOP. Likely would have cost them too much. The response I got is that they needed their systems to be fully in place first...two years later and guess it never happened.

In other news,
    Court approves Target to begin liquidation as early as Thursday
    Company received the go ahead following a hearing Wednesday
    http://www.macleans.ca/economy/busin...y-as-thursday/
    Last edited by mollyh; Wed, Feb 4th, 2015 at 03:47 PM.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Winter View Post
    We have a few ways of dealing with it, sometimes we scan the item with our own PDA's to see if the price shows on it ( sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't)..we also ask if you remember the price on the shelf, if so we are suppose to go with that price….BUT if it seems like an unreasonable price we can walkie someone to go check the shelf price…so atleast make it believable if you are going to guess..haha

ALSO, by Thursday its a whole new game plan on that process anyways…no Target Team Member has a say in any of the pricing, the final price will always come down to what the liquidator has decided…so if it's priced $9.99 and its in a $7.99 priced location, its still going to be $9.99…as we can all probably imagine it will be a zoo in there and keeping the store neat will be next to impossible.
    Thanks so much for your reply. I am doing what may be my final Target tour exactly because of what you said about the liquidation changes. I am not very optimistic about how that will go. But I will use this info if the situation comes up tonight

You have my 100% compassion in dealing with the pajamaed ones () tomorrow and in the coming weeks. I am still on the fence about visiting after tonight, but curiosity will likely get the better of me.
    shopperwho and Basicangel like this.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Page 34 of 68 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast

Thread Information