Page 35 of 68 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast
Like Tree2503Likes

Thread: Target leaving Canada!

FLA
    Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    I was at my main one this morning they were unpacking palette after palette. I have never seen the store so stocked. One of the employees said to me(we have spoken many times) "This is all the stuff we should have had out in the last 2 years"

Was speaking at length with a cashier who I deal with a lot and she also worked at Zellers so this is very difficult for her. We were both a little teary eyed this morning.

Seems we find lots of good stuff there.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by vw_girl View Post
    Thanks so much for your reply. I am doing what may be my final Target tour exactly because of what you said about the liquidation changes. I am not very optimistic about how that will go. But I will use this info if the situation comes up tonight

You have my 100% compassion in dealing with the pajamaed ones () tomorrow and in the coming weeks. I am still on the fence about visiting after tonight, but curiosity will likely get the better of me.
    haha ohh, they have been coming in since the announcement…i can't even count how many times i've been asked when we are closing so they can get the best deals, i simply tell them 10:00pm

& personally, i would go…maybe not right away, as we are starting at 10-30%(very few items are actually 30% *hint makeup*) but look out for the sign board walkers on the streets/corners, they'll let you know what the % is at without even stepping foot in the door…the way i see it, at this point we can't stop what is happening so we might as well get a good deal out of it before all the 1st time voltures come swooping in haha.
    anisa, ROMEO, Patty Smyth and 13 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mollyh View Post
    No, Target didn't participate in SCOP. Likely would have cost them too much. The response I got is that they needed their systems to be fully in place first...two years later and guess it never happened.

In other news,
    Court approves Target to begin liquidation as early as Thursday
    Company received the go ahead following a hearing Wednesday
    http://www.macleans.ca/economy/busin...y-as-thursday/
    They did participate here because it's the law.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I've been a little down about the departure of Target and I know I'm in good company here. Hopefully, this will cheer up a few people just a little.

anisa, ROMEO, Silk and 6 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    They did participate here because it's the law.
    Where's here? In Ontario they didn't participate in SCOP, it's voluntary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ROMEO likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by canadiantyler View Post
    Where's here? In Ontario they didn't participate in SCOP, it's voluntary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It's mandatory to participate in SCOP in Quebec.
    ROMEO and hijinx25 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Liquidation is upto 30 % OFF.

But most products are only 10 % - 20 % OFF .

I think electronics is only 10 % OFF.

Not sure if the 10 - 30 % OFF is off their original regular selling prices or if its a % OFF on some other sale price , clearance price etc.
    ROMEO likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bargain hunters leave Target sale frustrated and disappointed
    http://www.thestar.com/business/2015...ness-sale.html

I'm not sure what people expected. Liquidators want to make as much money as possible so the discounts usually take a while to reach the 90% off mark. Although some people are saying that the discounts are not clearly marked.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

The line-up at my local Target was at 100 or so people long (took 40 mins to get to cash). People were going crazy buying this that and everything else without really paying attention to the %off signs. Some were so excited about the sale starting that they didn't even realize that what they were buying wasn't really that great of a deal. The sale only just started....at this rate the shelves will be cleared out before Target has a chance to offer bigger discounts.

I do feel badly however for the smaller companies that have outstanding bills that Target hasn't paid (and will not pay now that they have filed bankruptcy--the bigger companies will likely be able to write off the bad debts) these smaller companies could really suffer.

And remember people...if you are braving the Target sales: relax, don't bother going if you don't have the time to wait in line (nothing worse than people who ***** about the long line up--seriously what do you expect during the first few days of the sale?) and remember to be nice to the cashiers (they could really do with a smile and a kind word).

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by trishka View Post

I'm not sure what people expected. Liquidators want to make as much money as possible so the discounts usually take a while to reach the 90% off mark. Although some people are saying that the discounts are not clearly marked.
    Of course they are starting with low discounts look at the number of people waiting in line for over an hour to buy stuff at 10% off. most of the people in the store have never really shopped at Target so have no idea how good the sales and clearance could be so they are willing to buy at prices none of us smart canuckers would even consider buying at. if people would stop buying then the discounts would be better faster. They aren't going to increase the discounts until things start slowing down, why would they if people are willing to buy now! All of us smart canuckers knew to get any clearance merchandise they could get before the liquidation started because we know it is going to be a long time before we see any decent discounts and all the great items unfortunately will be long gone before that happens. sorry folks the Target party as we knew it is over. It makes me sad!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kiwis-mom View Post
    The line-up at my local Target was at 100 or so people long (took 40 mins to get to cash). People were going crazy buying this that and everything else without really paying attention to the %off signs. Some were so excited about the sale starting that they didn't even realize that what they were buying wasn't really that great of a deal. The sale only just started....at this rate the shelves will be cleared out before Target has a chance to offer bigger discounts.

I do feel badly however for the smaller companies that have outstanding bills that Target hasn't paid (and will not pay now that they have filed bankruptcy--the bigger companies will likely be able to write off the bad debts) these smaller companies could really suffer.

And remember people...if you are braving the Target sales: relax, don't bother going if you don't have the time to wait in line (nothing worse than people who ***** about the long line up--seriously what do you expect during the first few days of the sale?) and remember to be nice to the cashiers (they could really do with a smile and a kind word).
    The more people buy at a smaller discount means more money for the creditors - the companies Target owes money to. Where do you think the funds from the liquidation sale are going?

Ron.
    ROMEO, Patty Smyth, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by trishka View Post

I agree completely, what did they expect? 50% off the first day? I'd like to ask any customer how they would mark merchandise down if it was theirs to sell, and I'd bet their expectation would change significantly.

Very few items were marked at 30% off to start. At 30% I saw some bags (they may have been reusable shopping bags only, I didn't look closely) and greeting cards.
    Clothing, toys, and Valentine's/Easter stuff at 20% off.
    Household goods, health & beauty, grocery, batteries 10% off.
    Electronics 5% off (accessories may have been 10% off).
    ROMEO, Ciel and Anna Michele like this.
    Jesus saves!
    SWAGBUCKS pays for so many of my housewares... http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/DizzyB

So many ways to earn at Mintvine https://mintvine.com/users/register/...9d2f2fe5be93d3

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RonBC View Post
    The more people buy at a smaller discount means more money for the creditors - the companies Target owes money to. Where do you think the funds from the liquidation sale are going?

Ron.
    I meant to say "...fully pay now that they filed bankruptcy-- ...."

There is a long line of those waiting for their money, not to mention the CRA will be wanting their share as well. Hopefully everyone gets what's owed.
    ROMEO and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well all i can say about today is thank god I'm off until Sunday….
    between people RUNNING in the doors right at 8am to save that 10%, to the cops & ambulances that had to come ( a mother left her baby unattended & he fell out of the shopping cart…) to all the RUDE vultures that yelled at us, all day long over prices we have no control over…i can honestly say it will take everything in me to wake up Sunday morning to deal with this all again haha….

thankfully, i lost my filter around 8:30 this morning soooo chances are if you dealt it out, i dealt it right back. sorry, not sorry.
    anisa, ROMEO, Patty Smyth and 12 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Niagara Falls was packed at 10am. Staff was so friendly, I'm gonna miss Target I shopped there weekly! Obviously no coupons are accepted I didn't ask but I bought a bag of Whiskas that had a coupon attached and it couldn't be used. Makeup and makeup bags are 30% off! shampoos and conditioners and lotions etc other health and beauty are 10% off. Perfume is 30% off! clothes 20%, valentines stuff is 10% off! tablets are 5% and fixtures are being sold through the liquidation company.
    ROMEO and Ciel like this.

Page 35 of 68 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast

Thread Information