User Tag List

Page 25 of 68 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
Like Tree2503Likes

Thread: Target leaving Canada!

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    sadly the chapters is closing down...from what i know the store does not want to sign another long term lease and the building wants to secure a company that is willing to sign a long term lease.. so chapters is vacating at shoppers is moving into the building (they will do a complete remodel of the building and reopen it as a shoppers.. though as you can imagine.. 3 floors is ALOT of space even for a shoppers to fill!)
    The Chapters right in downtown Vancouver (on Robson, so very high rent) is closing too. THey claim they are going to re-open in another location on Robson, but I find that unlikely.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Target's $8,000 cheque for student conference bounces

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topstories/targets-dollar8000-cheque-for-student-conference-bounces/ar-AA8ILeN?ocid=mailsignoutmd
    annedougherty likes this.

Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by zutalors View Post
    Target Canada has announced that it will close all of its Canadian stores and file for creditor protection
    Employees not required to work during the winding down process will be given 16 weeks severance

Threads merged - FallenPixels

Unfortunately not everyone who worked at Target will get 16 weeks severance pay. I worked for a outside company and Target was the only client. We were let go the day Target announced they were closing. We had employees who worked regularly at every Target in Canada. I really counted on that job, and was planning on transferring when we move to New Brunswick in the summer. Money is really tight for us and this really messed up our plans. I do not understand why some people are so happy about Target closing. I loved Target. I am hoping I at least get a little bit of severance pay, but I am not counting on it.
    Last edited by Panthera; Thu, Jan 29th, 2015 at 07:16 PM.
    Get a full pair of glasses for as little as $29! The only place I buy my glasses. Super easy returns too - http://www.clearly.ca/refer/valerie

I love making my own beauty products and saving money. Go to http://www.well.ca and enter promo code panthera and save $10 on your first order.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bridges_48 View Post
    We should sign a petition.. Bring Target Back to Canada...
    Such petitions exist!
    Two major ones can be found on change.org
    1. https://www.change.org/p/ceo-target-...sored_donation
    2. https://www.change.org/p/target-cana...-target-canada

Sign them both!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
    I do not understand why some people are so happy about Target closing. I loved Target.
    There are just as many people who love Target too. Some of them are in this thread.

Edit: Last night, I was going through the flyers and came across a Target flyer. My heart stopped for a moment, thinking this was all a really insane prank. Unfortunately, it was the newspaper's mistake that I got all of last week's flyers - again!
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Fri, Jan 30th, 2015 at 08:07 AM.
    anisa, Ciel, annedougherty and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

bella_bamba and sunshine525 like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

^ so they are still weaving through all the legal rigmarole.

When they announced in the beginning that it was going to be a speedy shutdown process, I thoight to myself "I wonder if they are once again applying their american assumptions to the Canadian system..."

I guess so.
    FallenPixels and bella_bamba like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They sum summit up pretty good. I find it funny that the link to the sc website takes you to the target thread we've been adding to since target started having great deals. Maybe from this people will realize what they've been missing.

My target feels different, many walls and shelves are completely bare, all clearance stickers were removed. The hoodie I was waiting to go on sale for ds had 2-3 in each size 2 weeks ago now there is only 1 left in xl. I hesitated buying it at full price ($20) by dh convinced me to get it, now I'm glad I listened. I think it's the first time since they opened that I bought something full price, no sale, no coupon. I'm going to miss my happy place with great deals and great staff. My ds cried when I told him there would be no more trips to the bakery (Starbucks). He loved getting a treat shopping with mommy.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi. Does anyone know if the targets at Cloverdale or Centrepoint mall have Nestlé Goodstart Probiotic powder formula on sale?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    71 (100%)

I went to th Cloverdale location this morning and It was very depressing. Nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by monieelara View Post
    Hi. Does anyone know if the targets at Cloverdale or Centrepoint mall have Nestlé Goodstart Probiotic powder formula on sale?
    Last edited by vaughngal; Fri, Jan 30th, 2015 at 05:21 PM.
    Super points is back, Start earning extra cash by doing surveys, watching videos etc by clicking herehttps://www.superpoints.com/join/pf3...2DTZEquLq4Wnjk

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

they make it sound like the target thread just popped up after the announcement and we're a bunch of locusts sitting back talking about all the great deals we're getting/plan to get as they liquidate... when the thread has been going on for well over a year
    Last edited by Midnightly; Fri, Jan 30th, 2015 at 02:49 PM.
    Lyssia510 and luckbealady like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    they make it sound like the target thread just popped up after the announcement and we're a bunch of locusts sitting back talking about all the great deals we're getting/plan to get as they liquidate... when the thread has been going on for well over a year
    That's terrible reporting... when those cosmetics deals were months ago! And I'm happy/unhappy that my son decided to give himself a "beard" with a mascara that I only paid $1.50 for, instead of one at $7+.... But I can't find the spare I know I bought! Sad face LOL
    Last edited by TargetMama; Fri, Jan 30th, 2015 at 04:49 PM.
    ghrkin likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rabby View Post
    Hey guys! I'm new to the thread, so... Are you guys saying that the red stickers are no longer on items right now? Are they different from clearance tags? (I love Target but I never got out to them that much.)

Probably going to try to pop by tonight to see what deals I can find; the other day I was there and got some nice deals on Mooshka dolls for my niece. I found the Fairy Tales Friends (the animals ones) reduced at 4.99$ from 8.99$. When I found them, though, the similar-looking Mooshka Fairy Tales toys (the little girl figures) were hung right next to the sticker. When I went to the price scan check they were still listed as full price. I asked a sales associate if they were the same or not, and he told me to just tell my cashier that that the two were hung together and that whatever clerk I have "will probably just give it to you." And that is exactly what happened. I don't know if that's normal, but those poor people seem so done.

Sliiiightly off-topic, but I hope nobody minds, I just wanted to throw it out there that you may very likely want to use your gift cards up sooner rather than later if you have any! Under Bankruptcy Protection, companies can refuse to accept your GCs! I worked at a retail company in the past that went out of business quite suddenly (we found out the day the doors closed, but we had our suspicions), and this very thing happened. It was done in a VERY shady manner, though. Head Office told our store managers that we were having technical issues with our computer systems accepting GCs and we were told to tell our customers to hold onto them for when the problem was fixed. A few weeks later, our doors were closed and our customers had unspent GCs burning holes in their wallets. I personally haven't seen any assurances that Target won't do this, and while it'd be silly for them to burn their bridges when so many Canadians will likely want to cross the border to continue shopping at US Target locations, I'd personally say "Better safe than sorry."

Googling "Bankruptcy Protection Refuse Gift Cards" turns up some supporting articles, just in case anyone doesn't believe me. (Again, sorry for straying off topic. Just saw a few people in this thread were holding out on spending theirs and wanted to put that out there.)
    Target Canada GCs cannot be used in the US or on target.com according to the Target Canada website. I think you're making a really good point that, if possible, better safe than sorry, use GCs sooner rather than later to avoid the risk of them being refused.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Mine had very little in the way of red stickers but some (not all) did still scan lower. A few scanned higher so had to get them adjusted, something I can only remember happening once before
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

was in today picking up a few things... and i was told they are no longer allowed to change/alter the prices of items (machines won't allow it) even if the item is tagged at a different price or the shelf says a different price.. the price it scans up at is the price it's onsale for
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Page 25 of 68 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread Information