User Tag List

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By Britanica
  • 1 Post By terry2144
  • 1 Post By MortgageQueen
  • 4 Post By bluerose
  • 1 Post By Britanica

Thread: If you have a trouble dog on the leash...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just got a leash from walmart not too long ago. It is called the Yuppie Puppie harness. Well, this thing works. I have a 100 pound German Shepherd pup, about 10 months old, and he was uncontrollable. This makes it easy to take him outside to do his buisness. I don't have a full fenced in yard so him being on a harness/leash is a must.

here is the link : http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/lgxl-mes.../6000020746911
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    ROMEO and terry2144 like this.
    Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks for the post!
    ROMEO likes this.

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Glad you found something that works. You should register for some dog obedience classes together. You'll have fun, and once you learn how to contain that very big puppy! You will both be a lot more content and happy on your outings.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Used something similar with my German Shepard Chanel who was very strong it went around her nose and helped allot but Chanel did not like it at all. We also purchased this back pack and she carried the water bottles and water bowl she did not mind a bit we had her pulling the sleighs up the hill and sometimes pulling the children on the sleighs. But these days she goes in the woods with DH and that's enough exercise for her now.
    Attachment 276035

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bluerose View Post
    Used something similar with my German Shepard Chanel who was very strong it went around her nose and helped allot but Chanel did not like it at all. We also purchased this back pack and she carried the water bottles and water bowl she did not mind a bit we had her pulling the sleighs up the hill and sometimes pulling the children on the sleighs. But these days she goes in the woods with DH and that's enough exercise for her now.
    Attachment 276035
    What a cutey! Yeah my pup ain't haven any of that! My older one loves wearing sweaters and doesn't need a leash or harness to listen. Go figure. lol

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by MortgageQueen View Post
    Glad you found something that works. You should register for some dog obedience classes together. You'll have fun, and once you learn how to contain that very big puppy! You will both be a lot more content and happy on your outings.
    I never had issues with any of my dogs till this one. First long haired GS I have owned. I swear it is the hair. lol
    bluerose likes this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you Britanica, and the other day I saw a tip about how to teach your dog to walk next to you on a loose leash, and it works. share with you guys, "If you train you dog to back up while on the leash, he will avoid touching the end of the leash after this. First, take a treat and put it under your dogs chin, then push them backwards. Use a wall to practice this at first. You can also practice with the dog in front of you. Do this over and over until the dog understands, then try it without a treat. Next, try doing this while standing next to the dog..."
    Last edited by Lily369; Fri, Mar 27th, 2015 at 10:14 AM.

Thread Information