User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree197Likes

Thread: (OVER) FPC Free Old El Paso Restaurante Seasoning Packs (save)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maddygreen View Post
    Safeway had them out west here. But the packages pictured on the coupon were different from what the actual products looked like- thought the cashier would give me grief but she didn't notice.
    Strange mine looked the same, it is clearly marked "NEW' on the right hand corner and had the same orange banding as one of the ones in the picture
    Ciel and SnowFlakey like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    I didn't get the email - am I the only one in the West? Do I assume it's available?
    Me neither and I am in Saskatoon and have seen them but forgot to redeem the coupon today [distracted by Brooksides]...not that I will use the kit coupon [as I have never tried them] so I am indifferent. Honestly, I grabbed the coupon without thinking #Troll
    Last edited by Arvilish; Sat, Aug 15th, 2015 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Grammarrred
    Ciel and SnowFlakey like this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    A seasoning package is very clearly not a kit. Nothing "weird" about it.
    The dictionary says a package means a bundle of something, a group, usually packed in a box. A kit also means a case containing a set of materials.

If the coupon refers to a seasoning product, it should clearly states a seasoning "MIX" or should clearly states it is a seasoning product. Since I've never seen a "MIX" and never heard of the seasoning product of OLD EL PASO, it's naturally for me to take it as a package or KIT which contains the seasonings and pitas.

It's really weird that a coupon doesn't clearly identify which product it's intended for. There's no CLEAR product information such as product NAME, Weight and so on, only some some pictures. However, usually many coupons' pictures don't exactly match the products. Sometimes, many coupons only take one product's picture but might be applicable to "ANY one " of the manufacturers' products.

The coupon let me waste my time for some expired food, it's rather WEIRD for me to use a problematic coupon for some FOOD that's already expired 2 months ago!!! There are even more expired food on the shelf waiting for purchase

Since I only have 2 posts and can't copy link, I'd like to copy the dictionary's explanation about "PACKAGE" (My coupon states "PACKAGE", not pouch or packet):

noun
    a bundle of something, usually of small or medium size, that is packed and wrapped or boxed; parcel.
    a container, as a box or case, in which something is or may be packed.
    something conceived of as a compact unit having particular characteristics:
    That child is a package of mischief.
    the packing of goods, freight, etc.
    a finished product contained in a unit that is suitable for immediate installation and operation, as a power or heating unit.
    a group, combination, or series of related parts or elements to be accepted or rejected as a single unit.
    a complete program produced for the theater, television, etc., or a series of these, sold as a unit.
    Last edited by sophiea; Sat, Aug 15th, 2015 at 12:21 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Anyway, I might have wrongly used a problematic coupon, that makes me feel uneasy that the coupon might cause some trouble for the cashier and the store, although the food have already expired 2 months.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

My neck is sore from shaking my head. That is all.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

You are right!! The "bundle of something" is the bundle of mix. The mix itself is loose therefore needs to be packaged

No clue what the issue is but I'm looking forward to the kit - I will have some for trade as well.. Did I mention that??

Quote Originally Posted by sophiea View Post
    The dictionary says a package means a bundle of something, a group, usually packed in a box. A kit also means a case containing a set of materials.

If the coupon refers to a seasoning product, it should clearly states a seasoning "MIX" or should clearly states it is a seasoning product. Since I've never seen a "MIX" and never heard of the seasoning product of OLD EL PASO, it's naturally for me to take it as a package or KIT which contains the seasonings and pitas.

It's really weird that a coupon doesn't clearly identify which product it's intended for. There's no CLEAR product information such as product NAME, Weight and so on, only some some pictures. However, usually many coupons' pictures don't exactly match the products. Sometimes, many coupons only take one product's picture but might be applicable to "ANY one " of the manufacturers' products.

The coupon let me waste my time for some expired food, it's rather WEIRD for me to use a problematic coupon for some FOOD that's already expired 2 months ago!!! There are even more expired food on the shelf waiting for purchase

Since I only have 2 posts and can't copy link, I'd like to copy the dictionary's explanation about "PACKAGE" (My coupon states "PACKAGE", not pouch or packet):

noun
    a bundle of something, usually of small or medium size, that is packed and wrapped or boxed; parcel.
    a container, as a box or case, in which something is or may be packed.
    something conceived of as a compact unit having particular characteristics:
    That child is a package of mischief.
    the packing of goods, freight, etc.
    a finished product contained in a unit that is suitable for immediate installation and operation, as a power or heating unit.
    a group, combination, or series of related parts or elements to be accepted or rejected as a single unit.
    a complete program produced for the theater, television, etc., or a series of these, sold as a unit.
    Momof3girlies and Ciel like this.

I <3 SmartCanucks. Momof3girlies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I'll be keeping my eyes posted on the trading forum for the kit!
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Whoever posted that they had not seen the seasoning package in stores was right on the money!
    Three stores visited last night and not one had even a shelf label for the Restaurante seasoning pack.
    Food Basics-only had the Restaurante kits
    Fortino's-the kits and the sauce in jars
    Walmart-the kits and sauce in jars.
    I noticed that Fortino's has the regular Old El Paso kits on sale for $3.99. Walmart had something-Old El Paso taco bowls and shell kits for $2 something in the main aisle in the grocery section.

Saw the e-mail in my account this morning-I missed seeing it Thursday night as I did not check my e-mails again before leaving (was busy looking for contests) the computer area.
    SnowFlakey likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

I think that is the very reason for the email though.. The seasoning packets are only in the west.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Whoever posted that they had not seen the seasoning package in stores was right on the money!
    Three stores visited last night and not one had even a shelf label for the Restaurante seasoning pack.
    Food Basics-only had the Restaurante kits
    Fortino's-the kits and the sauce in jars
    Walmart-the kits and sauce in jars.
    I noticed that Fortino's has the regular Old El Paso kits on sale for $3.99. Walmart had something-Old El Paso taco bowls and shell kits for $2 something in the main aisle in the grocery section.

Saw the e-mail in my account this morning-I missed seeing it Thursday night as I did not check my e-mails again before leaving (was busy looking for contests) the computer area.
    SnowFlakey likes this.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

sighhhhhhhhhhh, so much ado about nothing.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sarcasm at its finest...splendid

Quote Originally Posted by Momof3girlies View Post
    I'll be keeping my eyes posted on the trading forum for the kit!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sophiea View Post
    Anyway, I might have wrongly used a problematic coupon, that makes me feel uneasy that the coupon might cause some trouble for the cashier and the store, although the food have already expired 2 months.
    The coupon clearly stated it's for 1 pack of OE seasoning product. The store won't get their money back FOR SURE since they don't even carry this new product yet.
    annedougherty and angel_2011 like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    The coupon clearly stated it's for 1 pack of OE seasoning product. The store won't get their money back FOR SURE since they don't even carry this new product yet.
    The tortilla picture on their package mislead me, since I never know OE has separate seasoning product.

I misunderstand the coupon from the beginning, even before applying for it. If I knew it's for a seasoning mix, I wouldn't even order it.

Many years ago I've tried the dinner kit which has a seasoning bag in it, but my hub refused to eat the meat and told me not to use the seasonings anymore, then I had to throw away the seasonings and only eat tortillas.

Since the expired food is already in the garbage chute and can't be returned back, I'll submit the replacement coupon to the store's customer service desk after receiving it.

I should be more careful reading coupons, not letting the others in trouble.
    Last edited by sophiea; Sun, Aug 16th, 2015 at 10:31 AM.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

lol - i didn't think she was being sarcastic.. funny thread this is..
    Quote Originally Posted by beachdown View Post
    Sarcasm at its finest...splendid
    Momof3girlies likes this.

I <3 SmartCanucks. Momof3girlies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

^Nope, no sarcasm was intended; I want the FPC Kit coupons and will be keeping my eyes on the trading forum.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information