User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Shoppers Drug Mart coupons for optimum points

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

So I spent my total for 8000 bonus optimum points yesterday and I used $8 in manufacturers coupons to bring my cost down but didn't receive my points.I called shoppers today and argued with two different people and they said coupons are considered discounts so they do not count towards the total amount.I said I have been using coupons there for years and they have counted.He said no they have never.He actually was getting annoyed with me that I was arguing with him..If anyone else agrees with me please call and inquire..(1-800-746-7737)
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Look at your base points if they are 300 or more assuming your spend amount was $30 then tell them as per your base points you did qualify. As per their rules (since going digital this has be removed from their coupon policy) coupons are treated as cash.

Sent from my SM-G730W8 using Tapatalk
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My base points were 420 and I had to spend $40 so I did everything right but He still argued with me for 15mins or so..I do not qualify because coupons are discounts...lol..

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

http://files.shoppersdrugmart.ca/SDM...n-Policy-e.pdf

Season 40 Winners At War

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Try calling again maybe

Davetherave likes this.
    Season 40 Winners At War

CouponClipper
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I would call again because you are right. I used the offer spend $60 and get 16K points yesterday. My total was $61 before taxes and I used $8 in coupons. I did receive the 16K points even though I paid less than $60 in the end. Coupons are used as a form of payment. As long as your total hit $40 before coupons, you should get your 8K points.
    Valerey and Davetherave like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tampelley View Post
    So I spent my total for 8000 bonus optimum points yesterday and I used $8 in manufacturers coupons to bring my cost down but didn't receive my points.I called shoppers today and argued with two different people and they said coupons are considered discounts so they do not count towards the total amount.I said I have been using coupons there for years and they have counted.He said no they have never.He actually was getting annoyed with me that I was arguing with him..If anyone else agrees with me please call and inquire..(1-800-746-7737)
    yes ive been reporting this problem since it started months ago unfortunatly some users claim it still works causing confusion to others. its either a weird system or thouse who claim work is misunderstood. to be safe i suggest.
    1. buy a giftcard to bump up your total ie use $25 in coupons then buy a $25 giftcard. yes even though its not sapose to it works.
    2. avoid personal offer events or spend minimum amount after coupons. reg events are still 100% the old way!
    3. to get ur points best way is to email and mention your base points.

as no offical policy has been announced your still should get the points but it is a hassel ( had to do a few times) and i sapose you could run the risk of flagging your account if you happen to purchase wholesale quanititys of a certain item

4. certain offers still work the old way.spend $30 on vitamins get 8000 points is one of them. but theres no way to really tell unlesss people make a thread here with list of ones that work and not work 14000 points when spend $60 def doesnt work here
    Last edited by bryceton; Thu, Aug 6th, 2015 at 01:12 PM.
    uanoor and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

yes its hit and miss these new days. Yesterday I used same offer (16 K / $60 spend) and coupon appeared after I hit $60, but disappeared after coupons so I bought one bag of milk to make it $60 again and coupon worked. But I know some time it worked even one coupons lowered the final price.
    Davetherave likes this.
    Need a cheap but still reliable phone plan. Try Public Mobile. Plans starting from $15 ($13 with auto payment).
    Use code R8NLM8 or link when activate with Public Mobile and we both will get $10 bonus.
    Win some extra cash or gift cards. Try Swagbucks... ww.swagbucks.com/refer/uanoor

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I just got an official response on their official fb page
    Shoppers Drug Mart Hi Tam, thank you for writing us! We appreciate your loyalty to Shoppers Drug Mart as well as the Optimum rewards program. Please, be advised that you have to meet spending requirements for a promotion after using the coupon. With that being said, you have to spend $50 after $5 manufacturer coupon to be eligible for the points. If you still have any other questions please, don't hesitate to contact us at 1-800-SHOPPERs (746-7737). Thank you, - EK
    Anna Michele and Davetherave like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    http://files.shoppersdrugmart.ca/SDM...n-Policy-e.pdf

I read out that link to him and he said it was not valid because I googled it..lmao..The two people I spoke to argued that they do not award points if the coupons bring the total down..I was talking to them both for about 30 mins..
    Davetherave likes this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Hmm I guess thos will be the new norm. So we with spend $80 bring it down to $50 and get 20x 800 sounds good to me

Valerey and Davetherave like this.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

A few months old but after the change to digital coupons, I contacted HQ and asked for it in writing!

kristeven, Valerey and Davetherave like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

What items did you purchase? That might make a difference.
    Davetherave likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't use a lot of coupons and if I do I use it on a 20x day (like this saturday). It looks like people are having issues with manufacturers coupons + personalized coupons. I've never had any trouble with the 20x or 18500 in store promo days. It just isn't worth the time and effort to risk using manufactorer coupon with personalized coupon and end on the phone (with my precious cell phone minutes) to argue with csr repeatedly.
    Anna Michele and Davetherave like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I read out that link to him and he said it was not valid because I googled it..lmao..The two people I spoke to argued that they do not award points if the coupons bring the total down..I was talking to them both for about 30 mins..
    What a waste of time. Did you write down the name and time called and asked to speak to a supervisor?
    lotsasavings and Davetherave like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information