• 1 Post By SnowFlakey
  • 1 Post By Natalka
  • 2 Post By SnowFlakey
  • 2 Post By SnowFlakey

Thread: Some People are Brain Dead

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Ok, i am so totally furious today!!!! Last night we smelt smoke inside the house and outside the house. Hubby went outside and investigated where it was coming from. Our neighbours 2 houses down have a huge firepit and burn almost every single evening. So we figured that was it.

We wake up this morning and still smelt the smoke so then we thought that there must have been a large fire somewhere and the wind was blowing it out way.

Hubby went to the dollar store to pick up some paint brushes and he met out next door neighbour who told him that they set our fence on fire overnight and didnt discover it until this morning!!!!!!!!!!! Her boyfriend smokes and was using a plastic bucket with sand in it to put out his butts, which is near our fence. Well obviously he didnt quite put out his butt because theplastic bucket caught on fire then our fence caught on fire. It was smoldering all night!!!!!!!!!!! And they didnt have the deciency to tell us this morning when they put it out what happened. I went out to their house to see how bad the damage was on their side and there are five 8 foot panels partially burnt on the bottom along with some 2 by 4's; a scorched hose. We put the fence up between the two houses for more privacy.

The boyfriend said he didnt think it was cigarette related when clearly it was because the plastic bucket was all melted on one side. What a jerk!!!!!!!! Anyway, they are replacing the burnt boards and all. But you know he could have set both houses on fire that way. This is how summer fires start: either by cigarette butts or charcoal not properly disposed of. What an idiot! His cigarette butts litter his front yard and his back yard. And they are only renting the house beside us. I want to call their landlord to tell her this. Hubby said not to bother because they signed the lease again for another year.

Anyway i called the fire department and they are sending an inspector to check things out. I want a written report of this incident just in case. and i told them i dont want to feel scared in my own home because of a careless smoker who is too lazy to take proper precautions.
    This thread is currently associated with: WIND Mobile

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Just a little update on this drama. The fire inspector came today and of course no one answered the door even though someone was at home. But the fire inspector came to our house and asked if she could see and take pictures from our patio. And of course the melted bucket with all the cigarette butts was gone! So we shall see what we shall see.

Anyway i informed the neighbour yesterday that i called the fire department and they were sending an inspector.
    CheriLyn likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Sorry to hear about this,but thankful it was not worse!
    Take care my ftriend!
    SnowFlakey likes this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    Just a little update on this drama. The fire inspector came today and of course no one answered the door even though someone was at home. But the fire inspector came to our house and asked if she could see and take pictures from our patio. And of course the melted bucket with all the cigarette butts was gone! So we shall see what we shall see.

Anyway i informed the neighbour yesterday that i called the fire department and they were sending an inspector.
    Wishing you positive luck!

Did the inspector a least get to see the burn marks on the fence?

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Yes the inspector came into our house and went on our patio and saw the burnt fence portions.
    CheriLyn likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Geez, that's crazy!

About five years ago, someone torched our garbage bin in the alley - fire luckily was confined to it - but one could easily see it could have set fire to our fence, right to our house.
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

We told the fire inspector that we just want the burnt fence portions replaced. And we also want the fire department to teach the neighbours how to properly extinguish cigarette butts and not cause any further fires. It was definitely carelessness on their part and also stupidity.
    GoodBoy and CheriLyn like this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

lol, these same neighbours have been saving up their beer bottles in cases and all their soft drink cans and beer cans. We know because.......... they placed everything on their front lawn near their walkway! Its been there 2 days now. I wonder if they expect someone to take them or what. They must have about $60 of empties to return. When the grocery stores started taking the empties back, we brought ours, didnt have much only $4.35. But still.
    walkonby and cath007 like this.

Thread Information