User Tag List

Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
Like Tree5061Likes

Thread: October 2015 Frugal chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I keep my eyes open all year for great stocking items (I refuse to go to the $ store and buy crap!) So it depends what I find. But I always over do it and have items spilling out and all around the stocking. I always buy their fav chocolate/treats/chips etc and figure they are off on holidays for the few weeks so they will be watching movies etc so it is eaten up. I have a few things tucked away but can't remember right now lol. Now that they are older the gifts seem smaller and cost more! For sure they will each get an ITunes card (will check out the package deal at Costco- but they always seem to go 10-15%percent off at WM and RCSS). No real wants that I'm hearing from the boys (youngest has mentioned a few games he wants and a camera!) The oldest is starting to like clothing shopping so I'm sure I will get him some Gift cards for his fav stores but really need some wrapable items. Ipads and Iphones have been the past years gifts so don't really have any "big" gift ideas.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

McDonalds Gift Card is a great idea for oldest! Thanks JasperandChar! That seems to be the hangout for the kids so they are always popping there on the weekend etc so I think I will get one for his stocking for sure.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-just made a pot of homemade turkey soup -with 2 small potatoes cut up into pieces in it -didn't feel like small pasta in it this time -have 5 containers for the freezer -as I just had a bowl and no salt in mine -salt free broth I used too
    -I will relax today and work on a new puzzle as I am a bit tired

-as for stocking -I still do them for my adult kids and their spouses and ashlyn -cause i love too
    -I have for this year
    -deodorant for everyone
    -shower gel for the guys
    -Revlon nail files for the girls
    -face wipes for the girls
    -dental floss -sometimes socks ,small chocolates last year I had small cashews from shoppers for the guys

ashlyn -I have socks ,finger puppets some treats like organic cookies ,boogie wipes -haven't really started her yet

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    McDonalds Gift Card is a great idea for oldest! Thanks JasperandChar! That seems to be the hangout for the kids so they are always popping there on the weekend etc so I think I will get one for his stocking for sure.
    brain storming out loud helps (haha)
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -just made a pot of homemade turkey soup -with 2 small potatoes cut up into pieces in it -didn't feel like small pasta in it this time -have 5 containers for the freezer -as I just had a bowl and no salt in mine -salt free broth I used too
    -I will relax today and work on a new puzzle as I am a bit tired

-as for stocking -I still do them for my adult kids and their spouses and ashlyn -cause i love too
    -I have for this year
    -deodorant for everyone
    -shower gel for the guys
    -Revlon nail files for the girls
    -face wipes for the girls
    -dental floss -sometimes socks ,small chocolates last year I had small cashews from shoppers for the guys

ashlyn -I have socks ,finger puppets some treats like organic cookies ,boogie wipes -haven't really started her yet
    great job on the soup for the freezer @coupon girl

sounds like you are off to the races with your stocking purchases....such fun no matter what age

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

here's a question for you RCCS shoppers @Frugalbigmama and anyone else who shops there often

Do they sell the latest dvd releases such as The Big Bang, etc, Game of Thrones etc....thanks

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Inquiring Minds Want to Know!!!!

What type of things do you put in your children's Christmas stockings.

I'm looking for a few good ideas as I'm sure a few others on here would appreciate some helpful items to help fill those stockings.

So if you feel comfortable regardless of your children's ages please feel free to share,

And does your child get a big santa gift or several small or just a stocking???
    Stocking tend to contain goofy odds and ends like silly putty...a DVD each....laser pointers...chocolate, body wash, BF always includes a navel orange.

It also depends which family we are with what is in them.

They get a stocking and 1 Santa gift.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just went to SDM to buy $10 worth of food for 3000 SDM pts (need/will need milk, eggs, and bread so perfect timing)
    Then went to RCSS to see what markdowns were to be had. Fresh Turkeys are $2.18 Kg. Will wait a few more days and see if they go any lower. Got them for around .52 cents a LB last year. 4 pk rainbow peppers were .94 and fresh basil .29! So told my honey he needs to plan weekend meals with these. I also treated my wonderful man. He has been eyeing the Apple pies for months! They were down to $3.50 each today and don't expire till the weekend. So I will surprise him with a piece during Survivor

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    here's a question for you RCCS shoppers @Frugalbigmama and anyone else who shops there often

Do they sell the latest dvd releases such as The Big Bang, etc, Game of Thrones etc....thanks
    Yes they do have some of the latest DVD releases there but I haven't really seen seasons of shows etc. I will take a peek at mine this weekend but I'm thinking the answer for mine will still be no.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Thinking now I am almost done the youngests stocking. I found new in package DVDS this summer at a garage sale and it was a dvd I was going to get him! I should take inventory of stocking stuff this weekend. Oh and one thing I am getting my teen is cologne from Shoppers. I don't think I am ready to buy him the $85 sampler gift pack (I don't think he would appreciate it as much as my honey does) but I will buy him the $20 one that is always on a shelf saying retails up to $80. I've been watching the shelf for awhile to see what kinds are there. Will grab it when I redeem in the next while! Just waiting for a perfect sale to do so.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I'm perplexed today. I checked my pc financial card today and my gas from the 9th does not say pending...or even appear on the transaction list. I have a receipt saying it's approved though on that card but it's not showing in my balance owing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@saundyl I have in the recent weeks had the pre-authorized amounts show on my card but not the actual amounts for gas purchases it has taken up to 1 full week to get the actual amount dispensed show on my card. It has been freakin me out, I even called the 1st time and was told it can take up to 1 week to appear.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Yes they do have some of the latest DVD releases there but I haven't really seen seasons of shows etc. I will take a peek at mine this weekend but I'm thinking the answer for mine will still be no.
    Yes please do I'm looking in particular for the tv show seasons, I know each store is different but don't want to drive into the city for a special trip, I will investigate the next time we venture into city for propane or something like that. I'm hoping to use my pc points to purchase the kids tv series dvds for Christmas and of course a few others for bil and hubs as well.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Will do! I usually find the best deal on seasons is Amazon. I paid under $50 for Big Bang Seasons 1-6 on blu-ray from Amazon.UK (just make sure it is region free) (last year when our $ was better) Also, Can redeem pts for Gift Cards to buy elsewhere.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, Oct 14th, 2015 at 02:46 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

RCSS has 15% off ITunes gift cards till the 22nd ($50 and $100)
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, Oct 14th, 2015 at 02:47 PM.

Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread Information