User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree254Likes

Thread: When is SDM's Next Bonus Redemption ? ? ?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    I was at SDM this evening buying make-up and I was told something very interesting by the staff. They have been told that the 'mega' redemption will be available not through the flyer, but only through the Shoppers Drug Mart app. Apparently some customers who have been given a 'heads up' about this are quite upset because (of course) not everyone has a hand-held device. She also indicated that part of the reason for doing this is that they want to enforce the "two redemptions" per person. The app allows them to do this. (Another tidbit she offered up is people's growing dissatisfaction with the Optimum program and the way it has become 'technology' reliant -- if you don't have the technology you don't get the deals.) Anyway...I was quite intrigued to hear all this. I am not sure whether it is completely accurate, however the staff member I spoke with has worked for Shoppers for several years and she is very familiar with the Optimum program. For those who are planning to do multiple redemptions for Christmas shopping, I hope for your sake that this is not true. I only have enough for a $200 redemption -- unlike previous years where I had enough to do 3-4 redemptions just before Christmas. My SDM shopping habits have changed.

OH NO!!!! I hope not! I was hoping to do up to 5 redemptions. Though I have read now for a big ticket item it might be better to go on senior's day and redeem 95000 pts and get the senior discount.....or even a 20x the points and redeem...
    dededi likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was also told by a cashier at shoppers on sat nov 7th that they will be having a super saver electronics sale on the weekend of the 21st. hope she is right!I was looking to spend my points on a tablet 😆
    dededi likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by gervase6 View Post
    I was also told by a cashier at shoppers on sat nov 7th that they will be having a super saver electronics sale on the weekend of the 21st. hope she is right!I was looking to spend my points on a tablet 
    yes if my memory is correct that almost always happen the week before redeem your points event in november.

I figured its probably done on purpose a bit so when people hear the next week is redeem points event and they dont have quite enough points its alot more difficult to get them (since theres no points event that week, other than I guess now personal offers)

Keep in mind it would likely work out cheaper for you to buy your tablet using 20% seniors day.
    Last edited by bryceton; Mon, Nov 9th, 2015 at 02:22 PM.
    dededi likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

subscribe
    dededi likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

the bonus redemption typically follows the electronics sale. getting the offer from the App is interesting. i wonder if they will really do it that way. hopefully something confirmed soon.
    dededi likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wait, so does this mean if I don't have the app, I won't be able to participate in the bonus redemption?

I participate in the Optimum program in every way except a smartphone (I logon with my computer, load my coupons, spend just as much as I always did before the app existed) and yet somehow now I'm a second-tier optimum member who gets a lower level of benefits than someone with a smartphone? If this is true, then it really sucks, Shoppers.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I can't imagine that's how it will be. You may need to load the offer but it won't have anything to do with having a smartphone. I have the app but how would shoppers know that? They don't, all they will know is that the coupon was loaded that's it. Plus, the cashier will have to chose the redemption on the computer etc etc so I think it will be a regular advertised redemption.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

So if you use your card, are they going to say you can't ???
    dededi likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

If what the clerk told me is correct that the redemption will be released via their the app, then it would make sense to me that it will be an offer that you load to your card. I think she is a bit confused about having to have a handheld device. ( Although there is a point to be made by those who don't have computers). It will be interesting to see if she is correct or not.
    Last edited by DianneS; Tue, Nov 10th, 2015 at 04:22 PM.
    maple7 and dededi like this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Correct me if I'm wrong... But wouldn't the redemption have to be in the system? When the cashier chooses your redemption it would still say 95000 for $170... I just don't see it working if it's a loaded coupon unless it's 95000 and get 30000 back

Silk, maple7, Arvilish and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    If what the clerk told me is correct that the redemption will be released via their the app, then it would make sense to me that it will be an offer that you load to your card. I think she is a bit confused about having to have a handheld device. ( Although there is a point to be made by those who don't have computers). It will be interesting to see if she is correct or not.
    I would imagine you are correct that it could be loadable. I had a clerk tell me once that there would be additional coupons the following week for using the app and we received additional loadable offers to our accounts the next week. Perhaps this is the same confusion, in my case the clerk didn't understand that using the app was just another way to access our account.
    dededi likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by peachies View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong... But wouldn't the redemption have to be in the system? When the cashier chooses your redemption it would still say 95000 for $170... I just don't see it working if it's a loaded coupon unless it's 95000 and get 30000 back

lol, well this could make for an interesting weekend if it's not "bug-free". It could work though, cashier gets an option to redeem $210, if code id xxxx is loaded on the card.
    dededi likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maple7 View Post
    lol, well this could make for an interesting weekend if it's not "bug-free". It could work though, cashier gets an option to redeem $210, if code id xxxx is loaded on the card.
    Very interesting...lol. I foresee a lot of problems.

Momof3girlies, maple7 and dededi like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

it will be very interesting if the redemption is a loaded offer. i actually think they might do it this way just because they have been moving more in this direction.
    we need info!! lol
    dededi likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If we have to load the offer, I'm worried we won't even get to do 2 redemptions but be limited to 1 before the offer is used up. After waiting this long for a redemption event I have enough points to be able to do 2 redemptions per day times 2 days like the usual redemption allowance, so I definitely don't want to be limited to 1 or even 2 bonus redemptions.

Also, I could see a lot of their oldest customers having no way to load the offer, so I really hope it's not true. Have they still been mailing out any physical coupons to people that aren't online, so they'd maybe have some hope of participating?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information