User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Help me spend my points!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When bonus redemption day arrives, I am going to have at least 5 max redemptions to do - so I have say $1000 to spend, in $200 increments.

I normally shop at shoppers for toiletries/grocery items as they are on sale, and with bonus points offers or 20x the points. There is no way I can spend $1000 in those items

So, looking for suggestions.

I'll get DH a couple bottles of cologne, and maybe a bottle of perfume for MIL for Christmas - so that's maybe $240

I'm considering a Wii or Playstation for the kids if I can get my hands on one - so that would use up another $200 (having to pay the rest out of pocket)

Other suggestions?
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart
    dededi, Davetherave and JasmineTea like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Stocking stuffers...They have candy, chocolates, small toys, headphones (small ear ones)..etc. Depending on what your kids like. If you get an xbox or playstation you can get accessories, games etc. I usually find a toy or 2 for my youngest (5) and some sort of electronic item for my oldest (13).
    dededi and JasmineTea like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You don't have to spend them all. You can save 1 or 2 for later as usually the deals aren't that great so sometimes you can do better with sale items throughout the year. A fun thing if you have women to buy for is Quo has Christmas crackers with make up in them. I think 4 in a box for $20.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

I agree with above poster -- do a couple/few shops and keep the other redemptions for larger items throughout the year..

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    79 (100%)

The mascara sampler is a great gift. You get around 7 trial size mascaras and a coupon to get a full size of your favourite. Shoppers also has a good selection of purses/clutch that would make a nice gift or treat for yourself.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMer View Post
    The mascara sampler is a great gift. You get around 7 trial size mascaras and a coupon to get a full size of your favourite. Shoppers also has a good selection of purses/clutch that would make a nice gift or treat for yourself.
    Love the mascara sampler!!!! Redeemed points for 4 last year...all for gifts.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Start a list of everyone you are buying a gift for and add gift suggestions. Allow the kids to shop for their gifts as well. As you think about it you will end up adding more and more people and items such as teachers, co workers, party favours (cookies, crackers, chocolate, candies), stocking stuffers, charity donations etc. Also figuring out the best strategy of getting donation items for free by utilizing all the SC strategies.
    You can also make a staple item list such as garbage bags, light bulbs, condiments, canned items etc.
    MrsMer, amira84, dededi and 2 others like this.

windowwendy
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Go and look at shoppers that you don't normally shop at. One in my town sells lead better steaks burgers and chicken breasts and I always do one redemption and buy meat and shrimp.

I <3 SmartCanucks. Momof3girlies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Wow!! That's a whole bunch of points. Envious!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I agree I always find it hard to do a maximum redemption, I find sometimes the prices are more expensive and I don't want to use my points just because there's a redemption. But usually around Christmas the electronics come on sale, camera's, games, etc. My daughter travels a lot and a few years ago she wanted a digital underwater camera, I bought her the rough and tough Olympus the best one shoppers sells, at first my daughter wasn't sure if that was the one she wanted, I said, for free that's what you're getting..the reviews were great for that camera. She took it on her trip to Bali, Singapour, Australia and Hawaii..she texted me telling me how great the camera was, and her camera was the only one that worked well, all the people she went with kept asking her to take the pictures!! So, that's an option, I also bought my son a PS4 when it first came out!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Momof3girlies View Post
    Wow!! That's a whole bunch of points. Envious!
    I drink a LOT of diet coke haha - I buy all my milk, butter, eggs, bread, peanut butter, coke, paper towels/toilet paper there because with sales the prices are as good or better than where I usually shop. I buy lots of other canned goods/pantry items as well when they are on sale. I try best as I can to purchase only items on sale, and almost always only shop when i can get 20X the points or a bonus 18,500 or 22,000. I can't remember if I redeemed early in the year - but I don't think I did. so that is since the late November redemption last year - I do probably 18,500 bonus per month - so that is 222,000 points at least just in bonus points assuming only once a month. I find the points rack up pretty quick.
    amira84, dededi and WINNIPEGZELDA like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You found the Olympus Tough To SDM in Ottawa? Lucky!!

I could not find one...the best here in Durham Region was Fuji. So I had to get mine last year at Future Shop and it was painful to use cash when I was sitting on a ton of points. I did end up getting the Fuji underwater camera for my niece with points though. The Olympus Tough takes great underwater photos.

Quote Originally Posted by SavvyLady View Post
    I agree I always find it hard to do a maximum redemption, I find sometimes the prices are more expensive and I don't want to use my points just because there's a redemption. But usually around Christmas the electronics come on sale, camera's, games, etc. My daughter travels a lot and a few years ago she wanted a digital underwater camera, I bought her the rough and tough Olympus the best one shoppers sells, at first my daughter wasn't sure if that was the one she wanted, I said, for free that's what you're getting..the reviews were great for that camera. She took it on her trip to Bali, Singapour, Australia and Hawaii..she texted me telling me how great the camera was, and her camera was the only one that worked well, all the people she went with kept asking her to take the pictures!! So, that's an option, I also bought my son a PS4 when it first came out!!
    SavvyLady and dededi like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

First aid kits home and vehicles for Christmas presents. I have also bought the mascara sampler set, perfume samplers and men's colognes. Purchased a couple of purses for me. Yes I redeem a lot!!
    SavvyLady and dededi like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Boo - someone else has posted they might enforce a 2 redemption max rule. I really hope not!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

wow that's alot of redemptions, some suggestions ...dslr camera, lindor and quality street chocolates, electric toothbrush, ps4 controllers, games, sd cards, headphones, batteries...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information