• 3 Post By HuneyB
  • 1 Post By dagney
  • 1 Post By nicolthepickle
  • 1 Post By Shirnette

Thread: Sears Curtains

mandolinatou
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I bought another great deal. We have had the same Ikea curtains for 5 years. When we bought them I think we paid 200 bucks for all the panels in our house. The IKEA curtains were way too long but they came with a band you could iron to get them to the right height and the band never worked really well because the material was too long and heavy or maybe I did it wrong. We didn't have the money to upgrade. So they were uneven and ugly. I cut them this year to the right height which was an improvement. However I kept meaning to sew it or have them sewed as that would have looked better. I quoted a seamstress and to teach me to sew the ikea ones it would have cost 200 dollars which seemed crazy so I was planning to buy new ones at some point.

I saw a sale on sears home clearance and got all new much lighter and prettier curtains for the entire house. I paid 92 dollars including taxes and shipping with their after christmas 30% off clearance code. I got the curtains home and realized the most expensive ones which were 30 dollars for the two panels I will return as they'd require sewing to fit the weird window size and I like the older curtains in those windows now just fine. None of the other curtains require sewing. If I can return the expensive panel to the store I will have paid 60 dollars to replace all but one set of window shades in my house. It was a wonderful deal. 60 bucks for all new curtains...I would not have gotten better prices on Kijiji. These are the curtains I bought except for the ones I plan to return.

http://www.sears.ca/product/couture-...-122715-249-84
    This thread is currently associated with: IKEA, Microsoft, Sears
    Thumpersmom, dagney, Ciel and 13 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    171 (99%)

Nice buy.
    Ciel, dededi and Davetherave like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

After I saw your brag I went on to Sears.ca and picked up some cheap curtains myself! My total for 2 sets after a long awaited Sears points redemption of $50 was $8.44 with free shipping! Good quality blackout energy saving curtains too! We are moving to a new house at the end of the month and the existing ones at the new place were looking like an animal liked them a little too much. Thank You!
    Ciel and Davetherave like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I wasn't just you! I had the same problem with the ikea curtains >.< Congrats on getting what you wanted!
    mandolinatou, Ciel and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

All this IKEA talk has me wanting to do another home decor fabric buy at the Burlington Ikea store. Glad you found curtains to love, OP!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks, I bought new curtains just like yours! Going to recycle my living room curtains to a couple of bedrooms. Paid $44 for 6 panels so just over $7 a panel. I sew lots and you can't even buy material that cheap. Thanks for the great deal.
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Lovely curtains, and great deals!
    Ciel likes this.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Awesome! I have panels like those ( tabs)but got em in the USA...I'm now tempted to get a pair or 2 from Sears.
    Ciel likes this.

Thread Information