User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree197Likes

Thread: Random thoughts on my life stuff lately

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

How are things going? Have you had your radiation appointments yet? Sending "POWER" vibes your way!
    Skippy and MillieH like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Today (Friday) I have the last radiation treatment... I get a picc line on Thursday the 3rd and start 46 hours of chemo on the 4th, apparently I get about 4 hours at the hospital and then wear a contrapception that lets me get another 2 days of treatment at home... this will be repeated every two weeks.. The side effects of this chemo seem really odd, and start within the first 24 hours we'll see how it goes. After 3 months they will repeat the MRIs and if all has gone as they hope.. I will get a liver resection surgery...once i've recovered from that, if the bowel stuff has shrunk enough, that will be followed with bowel surgery.. if not more treatments.. once all the surgeries are done.. I will get more chemo to hopefully clean up any possible remaining cancer.. they need to do the liver first as the blood from the liver carries the cancer every where..

I lost my mojo for a bit as last week once I knew for sure I was starting treatment I told my mother.. she hung up on me and called me 2 days later..stress is very odd.. we had a lovely talk but then the next afternoon, my sister found her collapsed on the floor.. They thought it was a stroke and treated her as such, air lifted her to Edmonton... They think though she passed out, hit her head and laid on the left side which somehow gave the symptoms of a stroke as it was all numb and floppy..

When I heard the news I don't know what the heck happened.. I was hysterical.. I've never seen it happen to anyone before.. I was screaming at the top of my lungs, crying.. I couldn't stop and I kept telling my husband to slap me but he wouldnt.. this lasted for over an hour ... finally i went to sleep and slept for two days.. once I woke up.. my positive attitude was gone, I could only look at the future as something to fear, all the stuff thats coming... it was good to hear my mom was going to be ok..

Anyways, Monday I drink 4 large glasses of water.. go for my first of 5 radiation sessions.. its really easy process... hardest part is drinking the water and waiting to pee... sooo once its done..I go to the washroom.. put my hospital binder(notes) cell phone and electronic tablet in the sink because I needed to pee fast.. and lolllllll welll the water comes on automatically so I'm off and laughing again..came home and cut another 4 choppy inches off my hair. I'm back to my wacky crazy self.. feels so good..

How are things going with you and your husband? Hoping for you the love, courage, strength and wisdom you need to make it through this crazy process
    Last edited by MillieH; Fri, Feb 26th, 2016 at 12:15 AM.
    Skippy, avoncallingu and walkonby like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information