337 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by scbpooh View Post
    Easter Egg hunt?

Close but no. Hint 2 words are right
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

So, DD1 told me something today & i need advice. Background - I don't drive, so before DD2 & winter I used to walk DD1 to school (its 1.5km each way). A neighbour that has a girl in grade 2 offer to give DD1 a ride. So she had been getting a ride with them since the second week of January. They won't let me pay them for doing so even though I have offered. In our car DD1 is in a 5 point car seat as she isnt quite 40lbs yet, she is a tall skinny bean pole. But she is in a booster in their car. Problem - she told me told me today that they don't do up her seatbelt or give her enough time to do it up herself, so she doesn't wear one & neither does my neighbours daughter. I don't actually know my neighbours that well, the parents that is, their daughters spent practically the whole summer playing in our front yard (new houses nobody had grass in the back gardens). I have spoke with their dad a couple times, but it's their mum that drives them in the mornings. I know some cultures don't put their children in car seats & seat belts even though it's the law. How can i approach them ask/tell them that I would like DD1 to be buckled up, without accusing them of not doing so? I don't want to offend them etc. No judging please (I don't really expect you ladies to but perhaps others that follow this thread) but advice would be appreciated. Basically i don't know what I would do without them to get my daughter to school but also it deeply concerns me that she is not wearing a seat belt.

hope that made sense, sorry for the long post.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by julesie-pie View Post
    Close but no. Hint 2 words are right
    Where is everyone.... I'm the only one trying to play Julies game??
    I thought it was a giant egg hunt... I know I've heard this before too...

Not sure what to say about the seat belt thing other than coming straight out.
    julesie-pie likes this.

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

I thought it was easter egg hunt, so if that's not right I have no idea! unless I google which she said not to

Can't really comment on the seatbelt issue. I wouldn't let my son in the car without one... My drive to school is even shorted but I always make him wear his (I leave from there to work which is why I drive him there). He can do up his own but he's not very quick at it, seems to take him a lot of effort sometimes. I did drive once when I forgot to buckle him in... that almost caused an accident when I pulled over to the side to buckle him up! Any way. Not sure how I would talk to someone about it, I suck at confrontation.
    ROMEO and julesie-pie like this.

Trading Score
    95 (100%)

I would say that you were buckling her up but have just started to let her do it on her own and you've noticed that she is having a bit of trouble, so instead of the parent buckling her up if she'd mind waiting a few extra minutes for her to try it. If it's taking too long just buckle her up and you will continue to work on it. Does what I'm typing make sense? Lol
    ROMEO, gwennad and julesie-pie like this.

Trading Score
    95 (100%)

I know you know she's not buckling her up but if you say it the way I said you're not letting her know you know.
    ROMEO likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    71 (100%)

I just know i wouldnt let dd in the car without being buckled

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Re: trivia I googled. So I can't answer! Hint to everyone else. Chinese food.

:D

Re: seat belt. Is there anyway you can time it so you load your daughter into the car? It wouldn't work for the ride home though. If it were me. I would just be honest. Confrontations are hard. You will feel worse though if something happens to your daughter. I know this because there are times when we have let well-meaning people feed our Celiac daughter and they have poisoned her.

If it were me, I would say she is still in a five-point booster in your car and you have found out from her that she has been having trouble buckling up and ask if they could help her.

A lost car ride is better than a lost daughter. We take risks with our children every day. My 7mo daughter was cranky in her car seat today (bucket). So rather than keep her unhappy, safe and warm I took her into Wal-Mart with a light blanket draped over her head and sat her in the cart (she is not quite ready). She could have fallen out if I wasn't very careful. Anyone who saw the whole thing would have thought I was crazy. BUT, in the end the risk was worth it because my baby was happy (and safe) the whole time. I also leave her in another room for short periods of time with my other children (laundry, food prep). Anything could happen. We have to calculate what risks are worth it.

Sometimes we know the right thing to do based on the dread in our tummies. Include your husband in the decision or conversation. Hugs. Whatever you do, I know it will be the best decision for your family as a whole.
    Last edited by Granger; Tue, Mar 1st, 2016 at 01:27 PM.
    julesie-pie likes this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    95 (100%)

Egg roll!!
    Easter egg roll

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Re: trivia I googled. So I can't answer! Hint to everyone else. Chinese food.

:D

Re: seat belt. Is there anyway you can time it so you load your daughter into the car? It wouldn't work for the ride home though. If it were me. I would just be honest. Confrontations are hard. You will feel worse though if something happens to your daughter. I know this because there are times when we have let well-meaning people feed our Celiac daughter and they have poisoned her.

If it were me, I would say she is still in a five-point booster in your car and you have found out from her that she has been having trouble buckling up and ask if they could help her.

A lost car ride is better than a lost daughter. We take risks with our children every day. My 7mo daughter was cranky in her car seat today (bucket). So rather than keep her unhappy, safe and warm I took her into Wal-Mart with a light blanket draped over her head and sat her in the cart (she is not quite ready). She could have fallen out if I wasn't very careful. Anyone who saw the whole thing would have thought I was crazy. BUT, in the end the risk was worth it because my baby was happy (and safe) the whole time. I also leave her in another room for short periods of time with my other children (laundry, food prep). Anything could happen. We have to calculate what risks are worth it.

Sometimes we know the right thing to do based on the dread in our tummies. Include your husband in the decision or conversation. Hugs. Whatever you do, I know it will be the best decision for your family as a whole.
    Last edited by new2sc; Tue, Mar 1st, 2016 at 01:33 PM.
    julesie-pie likes this.

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Did a little bit more shopping today. Buddy I think this is probably one of the biggest regular package train packages I've sent!!! Loving shopping for u guys ������
    becky_j and julesie-pie like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by new2sc View Post
    Egg roll!!
    Easter egg roll
    You're right!
    Granger likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

So I told the mum this morning that DD1 told me she was having trouble doing up her seatbelt & could she please help her to make sure that it is done up . Thanks for everyone advice/insight etc. She gets a ride home from a different friend.
    Granger likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

Round 3 - What season does Easter fall in Australia?

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by julesie-pie View Post
    Round 3 - What season does Easter fall in Australia?
    The same time as every where else.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information