User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: [Brag] Cashier makes up own price. With a Shwa Girl?! No!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

A while ago, looked at a 50% pink sticker item. No price. Price scanner said $0.50. At the cash register, the cashier told me the final price before tax was $0.50. I asked about the 50% off pink sticker price. The cashier said it was $0.50. The final price. I told the cashier that I was confused and asked why she would not press the 50% off key on her key pad (there is such a key). She said, $0.50 plus tax – take it or leave it.
    Well.

A Shwa Girl does not just take that. I don’t care about the $0.50. I wanted the cashier to treat customers properly and follow store procedures.

There were about 50 of this item with 50% off pink stickers. I wondered how many customers the cashier had charged, with the full price, before I got there.

I contacted the store’s customer service using their online contact form. Was very nice and polite. I also asked them why the cashier would not consult her manager or the department manager for clarification or final decision.

Recently, received a response with an apology, a promise that the store management would address this issue and a store gift card, mailed to The Shwa.

Nice to get a gift card.

Happy now.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Tue, Mar 15th, 2016 at 02:51 PM.
    redfox, baggypants, Silk and 24 others like this.

Smart Canuck...Oh Yeah!!! Koolaid's Avatar
    Trading Score
    145 (100%)

Can't fix what's broken unless it's you know it's broken. Awesome reward for doing the right thing!
    Join Swagbucks and save up for Christmas!!! Message me for help! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Koolaid1977

Please help us raise lots of much needed Autism research funds...donate to my son's walk today here:
    http://asca.convio.net/goto/tyler2016

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good to kmow that stores' management still listen to their customers and try to fix the problem. Not just for customers but also for their own sake a.k.a sales and profits.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    A while ago, looked at a 50% pink sticker item. No price. Price scanner said $0.50. At the cash register, the cashier told me the final price before tax was $0.50. I asked about the 50% off pink sticker price. The cashier said it was $0.50. The final price. I told the cashier that I was confused and asked why she would not press the 50% off key on her key pad (there is such a key). She said, $0.50 plus tax – take it or leave it.
    Well.

A Shwa Girl does not just take that. I don’t care about the $0.50. I wanted the cashier to treat customers properly and follow store procedures.

There were about 50 of this item with 50% off pink stickers. I wondered how many customers the cashier had charged, with the full price, before I got there.

I contacted the store’s customer service using their online contact form. Was very nice and polite. I also asked them why the cashier would not consult her manager or the department manager for clarification or final decision.

Recently, received a response with an apology, a promise that the store management would address this issue and a store gift card, mailed to The Shwa.

Nice to get a gift card.

Happy now.
    Great job, sometimes it's not about the .25 - .50 cents, its the principle of the matter. One time I was buying something and it scanned at 4.99 instead of 4.98, I told the young cashier, she said its only a penny, I said no it a scop and I get it free!!
    Silk, macw1960, walkonby and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    66 (100%)

Great that you speak up and many more customers will benefit from what you did and it is also a nice reward the gift card.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good job!

Yes, we as customers should speak up when treated unfairly!
    These cashiers sometimes make up their own rules to coupons, price match and pink stickers. We must wake them up by STAND HARD and let them learn to follow the proper procedures!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BadJai View Post
    Good job!

Yes, we as customers should speak up when treated unfairly!
    These cashiers sometimes make up their own rules to coupons, price match and pink stickers. We must wake them up by STAND HARD and let them learn to follow the proper procedures!
    I spoke to the cashier very calmly and politely. I gave her a chance to do the right thing or consult someone else. The line was very small so she could have done this.

It was the take it or leave it that was too much.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    I spoke to the cashier very calmly and politely. I gave her a chance to do the right thing or consult someone else. The line was very small so she could have done this.

It was the take it or leave it that was too much.
    good on you for standing your ground! syndi

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

nice reward for you and for standing up for the principle as savvylady said

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

so it ended up costing the store money by sending you a lovely apology GC rather than school their employees? Way to go @Shwa Girl !! Way to go!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    so it ended up costing the store money by sending you a lovely apology GC rather than school their employees? Way to go @Shwa Girl !! Way to go!!
    They know. I am friendly with the front end manager. The front end staff have received the message.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Proud of you girl! Starting to get excited about the ketchup war too. It's about time Canadians got behind other Canadians losing their jobs to other countries. Go French Ketchup!

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Way to go! Enjoy your reward!
    Shwa Girl, toronto166 and dededi like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well done @Shwa Girl !!
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Good job!

I wish I was not such a psy. I let go of SCOP on Monday at LD because cashier ignored when I asked for it
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information