• 1 Post By ReallySC
  • 1 Post By torontogal12
  • 3 Post By Meeeks85
  • 2 Post By scouponer

Thread: Not everyone online is cheaper

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

You would think buying online is cheaper than going in the stores with using promo codes and stuff but think again...

My mom enjoys the bay but after this incident I might question every item from the bay.

Online price $29.99
    Our final invoice price after promo codes $22

Item got delivered with a tag on the pants retail price of $19.99

Wtf?!?! Those r the only 3 letters that came up in my head after seeing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple, The Bay

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I sure would take the bay to task on that one. Totally false pricing a rip off.
    toronto166 and Arvilish like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lol @ your reaction after seeing the tag.

But thanks for letting us know. I do online shopping for my kids clothes. I'll be keeping eyes on their tags from now on.
    toronto166 likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Davetherave View Post
    I sure would take the bay to task on that one. Totally false pricing a rip off.
    I messaged them on Facebook, they say it's been escalated so we shall wait to see what they have to say.

toronto166 likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've only ordered online from the Bay a few times, and to be honest I've not been too impressed with their online process. But I will say that each time I had an issue, they were good about attempting to resolve.

I ordered something for my son back in January, specifically picking thebay as they have next day shipping. Ordered early in the morning and was a bit surprised that I still had not received confirmation 24hrs later. When I called to check on the status, was told that the product I ordered was not available for next day as they have to source from one of the stores (ended up finally getting the product about a week after ordering). Makes me wonder in your situation though ... is there possibility that some stores might be selling the products for less ?
    toronto166 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I buy from the bay all the time. Sometimes they make packing errors. Is that what happened in this situation? Is it the same one in the picture?
    Quote Originally Posted by Meeeks85 View Post
    You would think buying online is cheaper than going in the stores with using promo codes and stuff but think again...

My mom enjoys the bay but after this incident I might question every item from the bay.

Online price $29.99
    Our final invoice price after promo codes $22

Item got delivered with a tag on the pants retail price of $19.99

Wtf?!?! Those r the only 3 letters that came up in my head after seeing this.

toronto166 likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Confirmed the upc with the item online as well as the upc on my invoice and matches to the tag

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I ordered online from the bay once last year. It was crazy. I ordered 2 pairs of Capri pants for $8 each. Got confirmation for the order. Great. Then get email saying one item is not available...will credit your account. Not happy as I had to pay $8 shipping which is the amount of the pants(which was a really good clearances price). So the package arrives and both pairs of pants are there...ummm okay. Great. Then a week later another pair arrives....umm okay..what the heck is going on! Anyways account gets credited for the one pair so in the end I ended up with 3 pairs of Capri pants for $8 and $8 shipping. Worked out in my favour in the end but shows there system has a few issues. I know I should have returned the one pair but knew it would be a nightmare trying to explain the situation so I left well enough alone. If it had been a large ticket item I would have made the effort!
    torontogal12 and toronto166 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Ha that happened to me on shop.ca once. Item cancelled due to "out of stock." credit card refunded. Literally 6 months later something appears in my mailbox and I had to think really hard about where it had come from, I had completely forgotten. Site to warehouse communications problems I guess
    Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    I ordered online from the bay once last year. It was crazy. I ordered 2 pairs of Capri pants for $8 each. Got confirmation for the order. Great. Then get email saying one item is not available...will credit your account. Not happy as I had to pay $8 shipping which is the amount of the pants(which was a really good clearances price). So the package arrives and both pairs of pants are there...ummm okay. Great. Then a week later another pair arrives....umm okay..what the heck is going on! Anyways account gets credited for the one pair so in the end I ended up with 3 pairs of Capri pants for $8 and $8 shipping. Worked out in my favour in the end but shows there system has a few issues. I know I should have returned the one pair but knew it would be a nightmare trying to explain the situation so I left well enough alone. If it had been a large ticket item I would have made the effort!
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

So.. I got my reply....

All I got was a $10 credit. And the item is still on the website at the higher price. Why do I still feel ripped off..?

Thread Information