User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree324Likes

Thread: OMG FPC count toward SDM spend $ in the new system

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dietfrog View Post
    Also you need to scan your card before the coupons get entered FYI, ran into a problem with this with the new system!
    I thought you could scan your Optimum card any time during the transaction.

This has changed?
    Davetherave likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by My two Canadian cents View Post
    How come the regular points were 600 when the subtotal was $58.36? Shouldn't it be 580 points?
    I am guessing that since the taxes were applied to the store voucher, the system doesn't recognize the difference and applied the points to the $62 total to give 600 points.
    Davetherave likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Reading back at everyone's comments,could I get some final clarifications.

SDM has upgraded their cash systems, which will now support adding points to free products AND manufacturer coupons? Plus in order for digital offers to work, present your optimum card after the cashier has totalled your order and then any coupons?

Second question is if the offer was get 12000 points for spending $50. How did you get 15 340 points? Bonus points on purchases? Digital weekly offers on products?

Lastly, free product coupons will show as store voucher including the taxes?

I thank you in advance. 🤗

Ps. One more, where did these Pepsi free product coupons Come from? Was it the deal they had in February spend 20 get 20? Something like that? Txs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by doris17; Thu, Mar 31st, 2016 at 11:07 PM.
    Davetherave likes this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by doris17 View Post
    Reading back at everyone's comments,could I get some final clarifications.

SDM has upgraded their cash systems, which will now support adding points to free products AND manufacturer coupons?

Yep

Plus in order for digital offers to work, present your optimum card after the cashier has totalled your order and then any coupons?

Not sure I just happened to do it then but another member had an issue so we will keep an eye on this

Second question is if the offer was get 12000 points for spending $50. How did you get 15 340 points? Bonus points on purchases? Digital weekly offers on products?

Yes I also had points on the bagels and milk and cottage cheese

Lastly, free product coupons will show as store voucher including the taxes?

Yes

I thank you in advance. 🤗

Ps. One more, where did these Pepsi free product coupons Come from? Was it the deal they had in February spend 20 get 20? Something like that? Txs

Yes superb owl promo

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
    immac2947 and Davetherave like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Coupon Queen!!
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

With the new system you need to scan your card before they enter the coupons, if not the coupons will not come off, there will be an error message
    Davetherave likes this.

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Wow Anna Michelle! Now on I would also try my luck redeeming FPCs in new system

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Anna Michele likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I went to shoppers tonight and speaking with the cashier she said that she heard from another store that they were bringing back the old system. Too many bugs. I knew this was too good to be true. Use it while you can. Cheers.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I went to shoppers tonight and speaking with the cashier she said that she heard from another store that they were bringing back the old system. Too many bugs. I knew this was too good to be true. Use it while you can. Cheers.

I highly doubt that. It costs them a lot of money to buy new machines and train cashiers, change inventory. They wouldn't spend that money just to scrap it after a few weeks. You probably just heard a cashier with wishful thinking
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

So that means, if you don't have an optimum card, you can't use a coupon with new system?

Quote Originally Posted by dietfrog View Post
    With the new system you need to scan your card before they enter the coupons, if not the coupons will not come off, there will be an error message

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Today she scanned my card after coupons and I still got the bonus points.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I highly doubt that. It costs them a lot of money to buy new machines and train cashiers, change inventory. They wouldn't spend that money just to scrap it after a few weeks. You probably just heard a cashier with wishful thinking
    The cashiers at my store were not trained. They were just thrown into it. More than one admitted to that, and you could see they didn't know how to enter coupons.. I agree with you about the cost. I wonder if they will upgrade again with bug fixes corrected? I guess we will have to wait and see.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

The cashiers at my store were not trained. They were just thrown into it. More than one admitted to that, and you could see they didn't know how to enter coupons.. I agree with you about the cost. I wonder if they will upgrade again with bug fixes corrected? I guess we will have to wait and see.
    I've worked three different cashier/manager positions before my actual career. And every time we've gotten a new POS system. And we have never gotten training. It just is what it is really. Because for the most part a regular transaction goes off without a hitch after one or two. And those are the majority of transactions. Extreme couponing/point collecting not so much. Even IF they had training, you wouldn't get used to it regardless until you did it several times anyway. The frustration will stick around for 1-2 more weeks. Then everyone will get used to it and be fine.

As for bug fixes, all they need to do is literally call the manufacturer they fix those.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

First experience with the new system, I don't like how they don't give you the sub total after all the coupons, so you have to figure out your total in your head to make sure it's right!! My receipt said TOTAL$49.27, before coupons, then they took off$19.00 in coupons, then it says you owe $30.28. I like to see my sub total $24.83 plus tax $5.45= $30.28, no where on my receipt did it show my actual total!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SavvyLady View Post
    First experience with the new system, I don't like how they don't give you the sub total after all the coupons, so you have to figure out your total in your head to make sure it's right!! My receipt said TOTAL$49.27, before coupons, then they took off$19.00 in coupons, then it says you owe $30.28. I like to see my sub total $24.83 plus tax $5.45= $30.28, no where on my receipt did it show my actual total!!
    The actual total is very small at the bottom of the receipt, as tender. I.e. pay with Visa and your total OOP would be the amount you paid on Visa
    Anna Michele likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    The actual total is very small at the bottom of the receipt, as tender. I.e. pay with Visa and your total OOP would be the amount you paid on Visa
    Thanks, I know it tells you how much you pay, but it doesn't give the breakdown. Even before you pay, I usually look at the computer and it doesn't have the sub total plus tax, see my bill.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  69.9 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  69.9 KB

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information