User Tag List

Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
Like Tree709Likes

Thread: 2016 US Presidental election thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    You can't really blame the 'deplorables' now, can you? After all, only 60% of the enlightened left bothered to get themselves out to the polling stations and vote. Maybe if the Democrats had offered someone more palatable than Clinton they'd have won. Ya think maybe? I mean, how bad do your own people have to think Clinton is for them not to even go out and vote for her when Trump is the alternative?

The deplorables didn't elect Trump, the left elected Trump by staying away from the voting booth in droves.
    6 million fewer dems got out to vote for her than for Obama, that's pretty much it
    ROMEO and DaveP like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    6 million fewer dems got out to vote for her than for Obama, that's pretty much it
    Yup, that's the hard reality. The dems picked a horrible candidate, so a lot of dems just didn't vote. That's why Trump won. And it's not because Clinton has ovaries. Michelle Obama would have won with a landslide.
    Last edited by DaveP; Fri, Nov 18th, 2016 at 12:50 AM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Trump accused of giving 'a shot of adrenalin' to Canadian racists

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/donald...nada-1.3853681

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

I don't believe much of what you see on 'mainstream' tv.....
    Natalka, seylz_gurl and DaveP like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

This fake-news writer says he makes over $10,000 a month, and he thinks he helped get Trump elected

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/fake-news-writer-says-makes-150140100.html

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    This fake-news writer says he makes over $10,000 a month, and he thinks he helped get Trump elected

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/fake-news-writer-says-makes-150140100.html
    Uhuh.

Millions of people believe this. You probably do.

I corrected plenty of Republicans and conservatives in the last year who thought this was true. Trump never said it, not to People magazine or anyone, and the pic is from him on the Oprah show in the 80s, a decade before Fox News even existed.

The lying thing, that's what the left does,. As I proved in the last Canadian election with members here who play loose with the truth.
    Last edited by DaveP; Fri, Nov 18th, 2016 at 06:40 PM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

You seem to have confused "memes" with "news".

You don't really think memes are news, do you?
    Darth Penguin likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

President-elect Trump agrees to pay $25 million in Trump University settlement

Donald J. Trump has reversed course and agreed to pay $25 million to settle a series of lawsuits stemming from his defunct for-profit education venture, Trump University, finally putting to rest fraud allegations by former students, which have dogged him for years and hampered his presidential campaign.
    The settlement was announced by the New York attorney general on Friday, just 10 days before one of the cases, a federal class-action lawsuit in San Diego, was set to be heard by a jury. The deal, if approved, averts a potentially embarrassing and highly unusual predicament: a president-elect on trial, and possibly even taking the stand in his own defense, while scrambling to build his incoming administration.
    It was a remarkable concession from a real estate mogul who derides legal settlements and has mocked fellow businessmen who agree to them.
    But the allegations in the case were highly unpleasant for Mr. Trump: Students paid up to $35,000 in tuition for programs that, according to the testimony of former Trump University employees, used high-pressure sales tactics and employed unqualified instructors.
    The agreement wraps together the outstanding Trump University litigation, including two federal class-action cases in San Diego, and a separate lawsuit by Eric T. Schneiderman, the New York attorney general. The complaints alleged that students were cheated out of thousands of dollars in tuition through deceptive claims about what they would learn and high-pressure sales tactics.
    “I am pleased that under the terms of this settlement, every victim will receive restitution and that Donald Trump will pay up to $1 million in penalties to the State of New York for violating state education laws,” Mr. Schneiderman said in a statement. “The victims of Trump University have waited years for today’s result, and I am pleased that their patience — and persistence — will be rewarded by this $25 million settlement.”
    The settlement marks a significant reversal from Mr. Trump, who had steadfastly rejected the allegations and vowed to fight the lawsuits, asserting that students filled out evaluations showing they were mostly happy with what they had learned in seminars. When political opponents pressed him on the claims during the campaign, Mr. Trump stood his ground, saying he would eventually reopen Trump University.
    “It’s something I could have settled many times,” Mr. Trump said during a debate in February. “I could settle it right now for very little money, but I don’t want to do it out of principle.”

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    You seem to have confused "memes" with "news".

You don't really think memes are news, do you?
    Never have.
    Last edited by couponlady; Sat, Nov 19th, 2016 at 01:44 PM.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

First Lady, son to move to Washington at end of school year.

The revelation that Melania and Barron Trump would not be joining Donald in the White House in January has raised eyebrows in some quarters, and garnered praise in others.
    The president-elect has said Mrs Trump and Barron will move to Washington "very soon, after he's finished with school", but has not put an actual date on the move.
    But transition spokesman Jason Miller's insistence that the Trumps were "energised and excited about their new role serving the country" and it was simply concern about changing schools in the middle of the year did little to quell criticisms on social media.
    "First Family resides in White House as a symbol of our country to us and and the world," wrote one Twitter user, Pamela Benbow. "Melania Trump's decision is appalling."
    Others joked it was Mrs Trump's taste in interiors which had prompted the decision, while some began speculating about what the move said about the Trumps' marriage.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Appalling. Letting a 10 year old finish his school year before moving? Those monsters.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ I think that's a smart decision, for Barron.
    GoJays, DaveP and Darth Penguin like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    ^ I think that's a smart decision, for Barron.
    It is...I mean he's only what 10, 11 at most. He's been thrust into a role he didn't chose.Barron may want to stop where he's happy and known for the end of this school year before transferring for next fall. President elect Trump's other children are adults so can choose how much of a role they want to play in his administration, within legal limits, of course.

When ever I saw Barron on the campaign trail, he looked uncomfortable. I don't think Mrs Trump is overly happy with her new role ATM.

I know both the Clinton and Obama presidencies had school-aged children and they seemed to be happy to find a school in Washington which the girls could attend. The Bush twins were both in university so that was less of a problem.

The only concern I have is going to be the cost of Secret Service at either Trump Tower or another house which First Lady Trump and their son is going to live in. Having a split site is going to be more costly even though President -elect Trump claims he's not going to take his full $400,000 salary.

I should imagine Ivanka or Tiffany may act as President Trump's hostess if First Lady Trump is unable or unwilling to be in Washington for official events.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

uh...Darth, I wouldn't count on Donald asking Tiffany ( his DD from Marla Maples that he mentioned he is proud of " to a lesser degree " than his other 3 adult kids ) to be a stand in at any events.
    She obviously wanted his love and approval as any daughter would but I cringe from sadness for her every time I have seen her on stage with the others.
    Darth Penguin likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    The only concern I have is going to be the cost of Secret Service at either Trump Tower or another house which First Lady Trump and their son is going to live in. Having a split site is going to be more costly even though President -elect Trump claims he's not going to take his full $400,000 salary.
    Protecting Donald Trump costs New York City more than $1 million a day
    http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/21/news...ump/index.html

Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread Information