User Tag List

Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree709Likes

Thread: 2016 US Presidental election thread

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Someone attempted to rape me when I was in grade 10. I never told a soul.
    I didn't want to drag my family into anything sordid.
    I honestly don't know what I would have done if he succeeded.
    I had a guy attack me in a parking lot and bite me all over my chest before I fought him off.

I didn't tell police because I figured I would be blamed for walking through the parking lot alone...
    anisa, Lynn49 and Darth Penguin like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Someone attempted to rape me when I was in grade 10. I never told a soul.
    I didn't want to drag my family into anything sordid.
    I honestly don't know what I would have done if he succeeded.

I'm sorry you went through that...

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    I had a guy attack me in a parking lot and bite me all over my chest before I fought him off.

I didn't tell police because I figured I would be blamed for walking through the parking lot alone...
    I'm sorry you went through that.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    I'm sorry you went through that...
    Thank you, Darth...it was so awful keeping that secret from my Mom, Dad, friends. Like Lecale said, it felt as if I would be blamed for letting a boy (who went to my school) walk me home from a high-school dance. At school I wondered who he told, who knew, but nothing came of it there, I guess he was as embarrassed as I was at what happened. It was sure a frightening experience, though.
    walkonby and Darth Penguin like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I watched Anderson Cooper 360 Thursday evening as he interviewed Jessica Leeds. It was just surreal. I mean part of me is screaming " why did you not push him off you the very second he leaned in to kiss you ? "
    ( she had said the groping went on for 15 minutes?? )
    Imho the duration of the actual " attack " seems inaccurate, although I absolutely believe to her it probably FELT like he was doing that for 15 minutes. Makes no difference anyways, it was a boorish and unwelcomed advance plain and simple.

It must be very difficult for her to describe the exact play by play that had happened to her oh so long ago so perhaps her " details " are a bit fuzzy, however I am glad that she has other women who have come forward now to say they have experienced this man's grotesque behaviour too.
    The clock is ticking Donald!!! Time is not on your side.
    Last edited by walkonby; Fri, Oct 14th, 2016 at 01:36 AM.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I watched Anderson Cooper 360 Thursday evening as he interviewed Jessica Leeds. It was just surreal. I mean part of me is screaming " why did you not push him off you the very second he leaned in to kiss you ? "
    ( she had said the groping went on for 15 minutes?? )
    Imho the duration of the actual " attack " seems inaccurate, although I absolutely believe to her it probably FELT like he was doing that for 15 minutes. Makes no difference anyways, it was a boorish and unwelcomed advance plain and simple.

It must be very difficult for her to describe the exact play by play that had happened to her oh so long ago so perhaps her " details " are a bit fuzzy, however I am glad that she has other women who have come forward now to say they have experienced this man's grotesque behaviour too.
    The clock is ticking Donald!!! Time is not on your side.
    @walkonby , I can just imagine the first attempt where she may have just pushed him away thinking that was all over and he'd move past it, then his attempting to force himself on her again, more pushing pleading....it may not have been 15 minutes, but probably could sure seem that long when someone's in an uncomfortable place. Time only seems to fly when we're having fun...
    Poor thing was probably frantic, trying to peel that monster off herself!
    One good swift kick where it hurts would have incapacitated him, but even so, that would seem extreme when she probably still couldn't comprehend that something like that is actually happening to her.

Thank goodness there was a witness (her prof?), who said he couldn't imagine what may have happened had he not intervened. Poor kid....
    walkonby likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

An 11th accuser has stepped forward...she said she was in a nightclub when Trump reached up her skirt and grabbed her by the ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...mepage%2Fstory

The score is now Bill 10 Trump 11. But Trump had to pay his batch of accusers to show up at the debate, and one of them in particular has sworn in court under oath that nothing happened, so I am not sure she counts.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Two armed Trump supporters protest out Virginia Democrat's campaign office

Two Donald Trump supporters openly carrying firearms sat outside the campaign office of a Democratic candidate for Congress in Virginia for nearly 12 hours on Thursday, according to CBS affiliate Newsplex in Charlottesville.
    One of the protesters, Daniel Parks, told Newsplex that he held the protest to support Trump.

"I'm just trying to provide a voice for someone who might be closet supporters of Trump. Other people that are a little worried to speak out because of possible persecution," he said.

Parks and another Trump supporter who later joined him outside the campaign of the campaign office Democrat Jane Dittmar's office in Palmyra, Virginia, were openly carrying guns, Su Wolff, a volunteer for Dittmar, told Newsplex.
    "He turned sideways to be sure that we would see that he has an open carry gun, which is legal, it’s fine, but it's intimidating," she said of one protester. "If he wants to support his candidate that's fine, but don't come here and stare into the office all day."
    Parks told Newsplex that he was not a threat and that he was carrying a gun legally.
    "We're not a threat to anybody, the only threat is ignorance, and ignorance will breed fear," he said.
    Dittmar is running against State Sen. Thomas A. Garrett Jr. (R) for the 5th Congressional District seat currently held by Rep. Robert Hurt, who is not seeking re-election.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Trump suggests women speaking out too ugly for him to sexually assault

On Wednesday evening, numerous women stepped forward to accuse Donald Trump of sexual assault. As ThinkProgress previously documented, the allegations track closely with Trump’s description of how he treats women in a secretly recorded 2005 video released last Friday.
    “You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful… I just start kissing them,” Trump said in the video. “It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star they let you do it. You can do anything.” (The most infamous line from the video comes a bit later, when Trump says, “Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything.”)
    During a speech in Florida on Thursday, Trump denied the allegations and smeared his accusers. Part of his defense involved suggesting the women aren’t sufficiently attractive for him to sexually assault by imploring listeners to “take a look” at them.
    “These events never, ever happened, and the people that said them, meekly, fully understand,” Trump said. “You take a look at these people, you study these people, and you’ll understand also.”

Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Trump called Marlee Marlin"ed"

Reports have come out that the things Donald Trump said while taping the NBC show “The Apprentice” are far worse than the 2005 “Access Hollywood” video where Trump said he grabs women by the p*ssy. Now those things are beginning to surface. One of those was an attack on Academy Award winning actress Marlee Matlin, who Trump called “ed.” Matlin appeared on Trump’s show in 2011, coming in second place and earning compliments from Trump in the footage that aired on the show, according to a Daily Beast report. But three longtime staffers who worked on the season in which Matlin appeared said that Trump regularly disrespected her and treated her as if she was mentally disabled.
    This would not be the last time Trump attacked someone with a disability. Early on in the campaign, Trump mocked New York Times reporter Serge F. Kovaleski, who suffers from arthrogryposis — which limits the functioning of his joints. At the time, Ann Coulter dismissed Trump’s behavior, saying that he was just being a “standard .”
    According to the Daily Beast’s report, the insults Trump hurled at Matlin occurred both behind her back and right in front of her. But because of a non-disclosure agreement, no one could speak of the comments without facing legal retaliation.
    “[Trump] would often equate that she was mentally ed,” one source explained, noting that both Matlin and her interpreter Jack Jason were kind people.

During taping, Trump would reportedly write notes sitting at the table in the set’s “boardroom.” Staff who cleaned up after taping noticed that one such scribble read, “Marlee, is she ed??”
    Like with “Access Hollywood,” Trump continued wearing his microphone and would talk with others — including Donald Trump Jr.
    “[Trump] would make fun of her voice. It actually sounded a lot like what he did [to] the New York Times guy,” another person who worked on The Apprentice said, referencing the reporter Trump mocked.
    Another staffer noted that Trump’s characterization of Matlin’s deafness as a mental deficiency was a regularity.
    Report Advertisement

“In the boardroom, he would talk to her like she was ‘special,’” the source said. “He took her deafness as a some kind of [mental] handicap.”
    The staffer remembered one instance sitting in the control room during filming and being taken back hearing the “insensitive” statement while she was sitting across the table from him.

Lynn49 likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    You can't post that word THAT TRUMP SAID here because it's considered THAT bad.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

4chan are on the case..

4chan rejoices over #NextFakeTrumpVictim

Posts on 4chan and Reddit show that Trump supporters rallied to get the hashtag to trend in the hopes that it would discredit the media and change the narrative by casting doubt on the women's claims.
    "This is huge because it will counter the current barrage of unfounded claims that Trump abuses women and is a pedophile," said an anonymous user. "Let's do this. BUMP THIS THREAD!"
    "THE DONALD IS BEING SLANDERED!" a user posted on 4chan Thursday. "WE HAVE TO PROTECT HIM! We're getting "#NextFakeTrumpVictim" trending on twitter. Keep at it lads, it's working! ... KEEP THIS BUMPED! DON'T LET THE SHILLS SLIDE!"
    It appears to be working. On Thursday, #NextFakeTrumpVictim was trending in the United States.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

"Cut her mike" Carson on reporter Katty Kay

No-one's ever said my microphone should be cut before, so when Dr Ben Carson suggested I should be shut up after I asked him if he thought the women accusing Donald Trump of sexual abuse were lying, I was a bit flabbergasted. It sounded almost Soviet.
    Let's be clear about what happened. I asked Dr Carson, a surrogate for Mr Trump, a simple yes/no question. He refused to answer. When I pushed him he asked not once but twice that the programme shut off my mic. All I wanted was an answer - what I got was a ridiculous demand for censorship.
    Replaying the tape I see it also looks rather bullying. In a conversation about sexual harassment a man asks a woman to be silenced for asking a question he doesn't want to answer. He may not have meant to, but Dr Carson gave a perfect, real-time example of exactly the kind of overbearing, condescending attitude a lot of women experience all too often and that the whole Donald Trump scandal has raised as a conversation here.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Donald Trump is the poster boy for Rape Culture.
    Lynn49 and Darth Penguin like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

How one 19yo Illinois man is distorting National polling averages

There is a 19-year-old black man in Illinois who has no idea of the role he is playing in this election.
    He is sure he is going to vote for Donald J. Trump.
    And he has been held up as proof by conservatives — including outlets like Breitbart News and The New York Post — that Mr. Trump is excelling among black voters. He has even played a modest role in shifting entire polling aggregates, like the Real Clear Politics average, toward Mr. Trump.
    How? He’s a panelist on the U.S.C. Dornsife/Los Angeles Times Daybreak poll, which has emerged as the biggest polling outlier of the presidential campaign. Despite falling behind by double digits in some national surveys, Mr. Trump has generally led in the U.S.C./LAT poll. He held the lead for a full month until Wednesday, when Hillary Clinton took a nominal lead.
    Our Trump-supporting friend in Illinois is a surprisingly big part of the reason. In some polls, he’s weighted as much as 30 times more than the average respondent, and as much as 300 times more than the least-weighted respondent.

Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information