User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: [Brag] Too hot to cook & hydro rates high-->solution!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by addoody View Post
    I didn't know you could use your PC points to by PC gift cards...

Cash in PC Plus points, 20,000= $20 to buy 2 x $20 PC gift cards
    Yes.
    Some on here buy Home Depot and Canadian Tire gift cards too.
    ROMEO and Davetherave like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Oh....so good to know

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Yes.
    Some on here buy Home Depot and Canadian Tire gift cards too.
    ROMEO and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

And for a added treat buy a pack of Swiss Chalet dipping sauce for about a $1.69 or lower depending on what store you buy it in, and have very close to Swiss Chalet dinner. It makes two cups so depending on the people having it, it may even go for two whole chickens. If you really feel the need to you can google "swiss chalet sauce toronto star" (I'm not sure if you can post external links here) and there is a recipe that is very good but takes a bit of time to make

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    And for a added treat buy a pack of Swiss Chalet dipping sauce for about a $1.69 or lower depending on what store you buy it in, and have very close to Swiss Chalet dinner. It makes two cups so depending on the people having it, it may even go for two whole chickens. If you really feel the need to you can google "swiss chalet sauce toronto star" (I'm not sure if you can post external links here) and there is a recipe that is very good but takes a bit of time to make
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I just wanted to share, we went to RCSS yesterday and my husband said feel like a Turkey? I said most of the time! He said no it's cents a pound, not sure if in-store or advertised I said is the heat getting to you? the oven, he said no the BBQ. I paused. A neighbor was tired of his all silver bbq, prestine condition, bought last year, barely used, like 6 foot long BBQ and he offered it to us and our was already on borrowed time so we could try it out at the same time. I said how do you propose to do this? In the roasting pan, as usual, covered in foil and the usual chicken broth, onions, celery and carrots and baste often and season as usual and butter and close the cover. Well 3 hours later it was awesome. It wasn't a big bird, more than plenty for a few other meals but man him watching those cooking shows seems to be paying off. So just an idea, a roast? I don't know what else but it worked. he had 3 burners on he said and watched it but it was tender and just delicious.
    Natalka, ROMEO, walkonby and 4 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarandme View Post
    I just wanted to share, we went to RCSS yesterday and my husband said feel like a Turkey? I said most of the time! He said no it's cents a pound, not sure if in-store or advertised I said is the heat getting to you? the oven, he said no the BBQ. I paused. A neighbor was tired of his all silver bbq, prestine condition, bought last year, barely used, like 6 foot long BBQ and he offered it to us and our was already on borrowed time so we could try it out at the same time. I said how do you propose to do this? In the roasting pan, as usual, covered in foil and the usual chicken broth, onions, celery and carrots and baste often and season as usual and butter and close the cover. Well 3 hours later it was awesome. It wasn't a big bird, more than plenty for a few other meals but man him watching those cooking shows seems to be paying off. So just an idea, a roast? I don't know what else but it worked. he had 3 burners on he said and watched it but it was tender and just delicious.

@oscarandme I LOVED reading your " turkey adventure " post!! What a way to get that turkey craving fix filled without heating up the house. Smart!!
    Shwa Girl and Lavender Lady like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    I haven't tried the dipping sauce, but we absolutely LOVE the gravy mix!
    (we don't have SCh here anymore, sure wish we did!)
    JadeAngel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

You get PC plus points for buying their gift cards, even with points?
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2jk19 View Post
    You get PC plus points for buying their gift cards, even with points?
    No.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have fallen in love with my new kitchen "save the hydro" toy. It's called the Instant Pot. I bought it on one of Amazon's 'Deal of the Day' specials for $100. It's basically an electric pressure cooker. I had never used one before because I was scared of them, but this Instant Pot is really quite easy to use. Just mentioning is as a way to save $$ on hydro. It saves on time and preparation too. It's so nice right now, with all these heat warnings on, because it doesn't heat the house up. It makes the best roasted baby potatoes!
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GatineauGirl View Post
    I have fallen in love with my new kitchen "save the hydro" toy. It's called the Instant Pot. I bought it on one of Amazon's 'Deal of the Day' specials for $100. It's basically an electric pressure cooker. I had never used one before because I was scared of them, but this Instant Pot is really quite easy to use. Just mentioning is as a way to save $$ on hydro. It saves on time and preparation too. It's so nice right now, with all these heat warnings on, because it doesn't heat the house up. It makes the best roasted baby potatoes!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information