User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: PC Plus - worth switching stores?

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

My point about PC Plus offers coming on the desktop on first day of new flyers is no longer valid. The various Loblaws store banner flyers just started on Thursday while PC Plus points offers via email notices still come on Friday for those with desktops. Some SCers with the PC Plus mobile apps are getting notice of their new offers on Thurs nights-not sure if that has changed with new flyer start date.

Worth mentioning here that PC Financial debit or credit card holders get a different set of PC points if they pay with PCF cards-the points are based on dollars spent. Also if you bring your own bags, you can get a bag refund (credit card holders only?) credit for each bag used.
    The PC Plus points is a loyalty program so those points comprise a second set of points for PCF banking customers who also signed up for the PC Plus cards.
    barbis9 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

This week, No Frills has Palmolive dish detergent (1L original was one of the varieties on special) for $1.88. I had not loaded my 800 PC Plus pts offer for every $2 spent on the item prior to my trip (for some reason I remembered to load my Sobey's AM offers but I did not end up using any offer at that store).
    barbis9 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

For me I get more out of airmiles and bonus air mile offers from Sobeys than I do out of my PC points and offers.
    I find the offers are not great from pc. 200 points for every $1 spent on bananas, that's 20cents. 600 points on every $4 spent on Mars bars. I do have 6,000 points for spending $20 on Pepsi products, but I don't buy Pepsi products ever.
    While at Sobeys I get a Buy 2 get 1 free on meat every other week. And 50% off bacon once a month. I find the offers are worth more, and they're more tailored to me spending habits. I am in New Brunswick though and I'm not sure if Sobeys has the same kind of plan in Ontario.
    barbis9, Ciel and Lavender Lady like this.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nicolthepickle View Post
    For me I get more out of airmiles and bonus air mile offers from Sobeys than I do out of my PC points and offers.
    I find the offers are not great from pc. 200 points for every $1 spent on bananas, that's 20cents. 600 points on every $4 spent on Mars bars. I do have 6,000 points for spending $20 on Pepsi products, but I don't buy Pepsi products ever.
    While at Sobeys I get a Buy 2 get 1 free on meat every other week. And 50% off bacon once a month. I find the offers are worth more, and they're more tailored to me spending habits. I am in New Brunswick though and I'm not sure if Sobeys has the same kind of plan in Ontario.
    The Sobeys deals in Ontario are not as good as what you get in New Brunswick and some weeks my PC points offers make no sense as they list products that my local store doesn't even carry. I too got the Pepsi offer and I don't drink pop.
    Ciel and nicolthepickle like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    The Sobeys deals in Ontario are not as good as what you get in New Brunswick and some weeks my PC points offers make no sense as they list products that my local store doesn't even carry. I too got the Pepsi offer and I don't drink pop.
    Mine are very close to what I buy. It's too bad that yours aren't better because they have good ones here.
    Ciel likes this.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nicolthepickle View Post
    Mine are very close to what I buy. It's too bad that yours aren't better because they have good ones here.
    My card gets wacky offers but his are normally stuff we buy regularly.

Weird bc mine is older and used to get useful offers
    Ciel likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No Sobeys here in BC - love to shop there in Ontario when we visit. We've been with PC for a long time - not sure if there is anything better out there. Thought about switching to Thrifty foods - but the Airmiles bonuses seem to be few and far between. Don't like the price at Save on
    Ciel likes this.
    My Orange Key 44990243S1

https://surveys.gobranded.com/users/...f49b113b291653

Starting a new Chapter in the Golden Horseshoe in 2017!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

A few of my weekly Sobeys offers are 10-15% off discounts on items. Don't think I've seen 50% off on any grocery item yet since joining Air Miles last May. I have noticed that if I use the discount offers rather than Air Miles points offers, my subsequent weekly offers skew more to discounts and the one bonus AM offer wub $35 of groceries or more that week. So in order to keep getting different Air Miles offers, I need to buy things with AM points attached to try to get more than one AM offer each week.

PC Plus is a decent program if you find yourself getting groceries at a Loblaws or related banner store often enough. It helps when you can go to different stores to get items and the system notices you get Joe Fresh items now and then-sometimes a points offer emerges on a future JF deal. But at the start of joining PC Plus, expect zaniness to show up in offers for 5 different kinds of lettuce in the initial weeks.
    Durham Couponer likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information