User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By frugal_gal
  • 1 Post By Arjon

Thread: Walmart - price matching their website clearance price

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I apologize if this was addressed before; I searched and did not find.

Walmart.ca has some items on clearance. I went to the store and was lucky enough to find a couple remaining items which scanned at regular price; I noticed on the website info that stock at the store was limited and item was at regular price.
    I asked the cashier if Walmart PM their website; she wasn't sure so asked the CSM on duty. The answer I got was 'Yes' but when she saw it was on clearance (which I had stated) I was told WM does not PM clearance items. I could though do an online order and now can have the items shipped to WM for free and pick up there.

I reviewed all the different versions of WM price matching policies and although it does give some exceptions to PM....including will not PM competitors' clearance prices. Nowhere could I find that they don't PM their own clearance prices.

The items do not have a shipping option online; they have to be purchases at the store....so how do you actually purchase those items at the clearance price???? I am confused.

Anyone else ever come across this? Any suggestions???

Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    Durham Couponer likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Email walmart.ca to check the PM rules are.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Email walmart.ca to check the PM rules are.
    Contacted them via their Facebook page.
    I was told the item was not available for shipping as it would have been out of stock online and the website wouldn't have been updated yet. The item will no longer be made available online hence why advertised as clearance. The stores will continue to carry the item. That said, I hadn't yet mentioned what the item was when I was given this information so not sure how the person providing me with the information could know for sure that the item in question would continue to be carried by the stores. Getting information was a bit like pulling teeth!

Although I kept asking for clarification about Walmart stores price matching their online prices, including for items showing a clearance price, I never got a response about that. The writer never even alluded to the PM policy despite my asking for clarification.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I had a similar situation a couple of months ago. They had an item for ~$29 in-store vs. ~$14 online, and wouldn't let me price match. At the time, I wasn't in the mood to escalate, so I ordered it online and paid the $5 shipping fee to have it sent to the post office maybe 100 yards away, where I was able to pick it up a couple of days later.
    Angela273 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugal_gal View Post
    Contacted them via their Facebook page.
    I was told the item was not available for shipping as it would have been out of stock online and the website wouldn't have been updated yet. The item will no longer be made available online hence why advertised as clearance. The stores will continue to carry the item. That said, I hadn't yet mentioned what the item was when I was given this information so not sure how the person providing me with the information could know for sure that the item in question would continue to be carried by the stores. Getting information was a bit like pulling teeth!

Although I kept asking for clarification about Walmart stores price matching their online prices, including for items showing a clearance price, I never got a response about that. The writer never even alluded to the PM policy despite my asking for clarification.
    Sorry you didn't get a straight answer about PMing.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Store price matching at Walmart is usually limited to what the local store considers to be local competitor's flyers for same items/same size or quantity or grade of product that are not gift with purchase, bonus or gift sets.
    I am willing to say that the website is considered a non-store channel separate from the store and the clearance pricing in-store or even online would not be open to further discounting, even from another version of Walmart.
    I know we had a thread here about someone wanting to do PMs with a Walmart.ca order and walmart has a policy of needing the competitor's online flyer for that process.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Thread Information