User Tag List

Page 70 of 234 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 3497
Like Tree7612Likes

Thread: PC Optimum - SDM and PC Unite Feb.1 2018!!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by renegado View Post
    3,000 points when you spend $20 = $3 back.
    Under the old (good old) Optimum program, a digital coupon for 4,000 points when you spend $20 could be worth around $8.

7,500 points when you spend $75 = $7.50 back.
    Under old Optimum, 18500 points when you spend $75 could be worth around $38. $38 is 400% more than $7.50.
    Interesting...but I don't think you can compare the offers this way. Not until we have a little more history.
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cake View Post
    Interesting...but I don't think you can compare the offers this way. Not until we have a little more history.
    Agreed. In terms of the examples cited, it can be especially misleading to compare a cherry-picked, high-value OPT wus offer vs. a PCO one that appears to have been chosen because it's low-value.

Also, the days of redeeming OPT points at $1.79 per 1000 or even more through bonus redemptions are over. I get that it's tempting to cry over spilt milk, but I'm trying not to since it seems pretty unlikely to be productive. It doesn't even help me feel better by venting about it, although that's just me.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Yes.
    Thanks, Cake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    You should be fine. The exception I referred to is that we can't redeem the points a purchase earns on the same transaction they are being earned. So for example, if you had 35k before the purchase, the system won't count the 10k and let you redeem 40k. Hope this is clearer.
    Yes, that's clearer- now I understand - thanks, Arjon.
    barbis9 likes this.

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Agreed. In terms of the examples cited, it can be especially misleading to compare a cherry-picked, high-value OPT wus offer vs. a PCO one that appears to have been chosen because it's low-value.
    In the accounts of members of my household, these were fairly common OPT offers. PCO offers have, so far, been relatively low-value. 6,000 when you spend $50? The PCO offer of 3000 points wus $10 on candy and snacks, which I have seen several times already, is worth half (more or less) of the old Optimum offer of 3000 points wus $10 on candy and snacks, which was not uncommon to receive. Yet the offers appear identical. Who's being misleading?

Also, the days of redeeming OPT points at $1.79 per 1000 or even more through bonus redemptions are over.
    Yes, OPT points no longer exist. We don't know yet whether bonus redemptions will be part of the new program. (A cashier told me they would be, but I don't think she understood my question.)

I get that it's tempting to cry over spilt milk....
    In terminating the Shoppers Optimum program Loblaws spilled the milk? Not sure I understand.
    barbis9 likes this.
    Abuse coupons, not people!

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sure, but if I am shopping today, I can only use (or not use) offers available today, and weigh their value against previous offers.
    barbis9 likes this.
    Abuse coupons, not people!

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

In the accounts of members of my household, these were fairly common OPT offers. PCO offers have, so far, been relatively low-value. 6,000 when you spend $50? The PCO offer of 3000 points wus $10 on candy and snacks, which I have seen several times already, is worth half (more or less) of the old Optimum offer of 3000 points wus $10 on candy and snacks, which was not uncommon to receive. Yet the offers appear identical. Who's being misleading?
    In order for offer comparisons to be as close as possible to apples to apples, they have to appear at roughly the same frequency, and they have to sit around the same spot on the spectrum between good and bad. If you think you chose according, we'll have to agree to disagree.

I agree 3k on $10 of snacks isn't the same value as before, but this comparison doesn't take into account that there's now a 4k on $10 offer, one that's new to me anyway. I understand that at $1.50 or more per 1000, the old 3k was worth more than the current 4k. But the 4k offer is IMO the better comparable.

Yes, OPT points no longer exist. We don't know yet whether bonus redemptions will be part of the new program. (A cashier told me they would be, but I don't think she understood my question.)
    It hasn't been explicitly stated by PCO afaik. But unless you have seen or heard negative indications to offset what the cashier told you, the glass seems ever so slightly more than half full.

In terminating the Shoppers Optimum program Loblaws spilled the milk? Not sure I understand.
    The saying "don't cry over spilt milk" basically means it doesn't do any good to be unhappy about something that has already happened or that can't be helped. For me and mine, PCO looks like it will return a smaller % of my total SDM spend, and about the same on the grocery banners side, which means less overall. But what do I gain from focusing any attention on that?

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Sure, but if I am shopping today, I can only use (or not use) offers available today, and weigh their value against previous offers.
    What do you gain by comparing against past offers that are no longer available? If doing so somehow works for you, fine. I don't get it.
    barbis9 and Cake like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I'm sure this has been asked before and I have read a lot of posts and have not found a answer but if I have

Personal offer of 10x the points for 20.00 or over, good for five days and
    there is a Saturday one of 20x the points for 50.00
    Do they combine for the entire 50.00 spent

If my math is correct I would thing that I would get back about 22500 on the 50.00 spent

And if I use 50000 point to pay for it at the same time will I get the 22500

Thanks if anyone can help me ouy
    barbis9 likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I tried on this new system just in case.. the first week.. and they don't combine (10x and 20x) AND you wont get 20x if you redeem 50000 points to pay for it (I tried this as well)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    I'm sure this has been asked before and I have read a lot of posts and have not found a answer but if I have

If my math is correct I would thing that I would get back about 22500 on the 50.00 spent

Silk, barbis9, Decaf and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by eyafitz View Post
    I tried on this new system just in case.. the first week.. and they don't combine (10x and 20x) AND you wont get 20x if you redeem 50000 points to pay for it (I tried this as well)
    Thank you for your reply

Would of worked out for me if they did
    barbis9 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I know before FPCs did not count toward spending threshold at SDM but manufacturer dollars off coupons did.
    But for PC FPCs and manufacturer dollar off coupons BOTH counted toward spending threshold before.
    Does anyone know if this has changed with the new program? I am hoping to use FPCs toward spending $125 at Superstore but I wanted to know if the FPCs still count toward my total.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by paulamcn; Fri, Mar 2nd, 2018 at 07:48 PM.
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post

The rule of thumb I keep in mind is that wus offers won't stack with each other. So if two offers say "when you spend", they won't stack.

As for receiving points on a transaction that includes a redemption, my understanding is that at the grocery banners, although as noted above, you'd only get one wus offer, the better one, if you spend $50 and redeem $50, you should still get the 20x points.

Otoh, at SDM, points are given on the post-redemption amount, so if you spend $50 and redeem $50 as above, you'd get 0 points.
    hcao and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have another question - I have a PC MC in my name, but have a card for myself and my husband. I cannot get his MC to link up with my account. I am assuming this is something I’m supposed to do since I never see his card number in the transactions. Can anyone clarify? Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    hcao and barbis9 like this.
    I spent $300 on Christmas gifts on Amazon & it was ALL FREE!
    This year I'm working on an additional $300!
    Feel free to PM me any questions & get started here:
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/TannieS

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by paulamcn View Post
    I know before FPCs did not count toward spending threshold at SDM but manufacturer dollars off coupons did.
    But for PC FPCs and manufacturer dollar off coupons BOTH counted toward spending threshold before.
    Does anyone know if this has changed with the new program? I am hoping to use FPCs toward spending $125 at Superstore but I wanted to know if the FPCs still count toward my total.
    Thanks!
    @paulamcn FPC and coupons does count towards your todal did it twice since the merge. the system is the same.
    barbis9 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

The rule of thumb I keep in mind is that wus offers won't stack with each other. So if two offers say "when you spend", they won't stack.

As for receiving points on a transaction that includes a redemption, my understanding is that at the grocery banners, although as noted above, you'd only get one wus offer, the better one, if you spend $50 and redeem $50, you should still get the 20x points.

Otoh, at SDM, points are given on the post-redemption amount, so if you spend $50 and redeem $50 as above, you'd get 0 points.
    At RCSSThat I shop if you have an offer for WUS you you would not get the points if you redeem.
    barbis9 likes this.

Page 70 of 234 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 170 ... LastLast

Thread Information