• 3 Post By misteq
  • 5 Post By Arjon
  • 1 Post By leniko
  • 1 Post By foxxter
  • 2 Post By Arjon
  • 3 Post By foxxter
  • 1 Post By PeterCase
  • 2 Post By boyzmom33

Thread: Anyone have experience with Zoomer Wireless?

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I'm looking for a new mobile phone and service, and have seen a Zoomer deal (phone plus plan) talked about elsewhere that looks like a good fit for my needs and budget. I've had the same phone and plan for over 5 years now without looking to change, so I'm unfamiliar with Zoomer and am wondering if anyone either deals or has dealt with them, and if so, what your opinion is of them and what things if any I should be aware or wary of.

TIA
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Arjon; Wed, Dec 13th, 2017 at 01:11 PM.
    ROMEO, Ciel and jeaneallenn like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They are owned by rogers and operate on rogers network. I have been with them for almost an year now. Very good service

They have a promo running right now - $36/mo for talk/text and 2GB LTE data. Includes a free LG G4 also. You can sell that phone for $150-200 or keep it.
    They also have referral credits if you decide to sign up.

any specific questions, feel free to ask or pm
    Last edited by misteq; Fri, Dec 15th, 2017 at 11:59 AM.
    mulock, Ciel and crafter like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Thanks for the replies. After getting positive feedback, mostly elsewhere, I've been with Zoomer since last month. No complaints whatsoever.

I took the $36 a month plan with 400 minutes (can upgrade to unlimited after 6 months at no charge) and 2 GB of data, both of which are more than ample for my usage, and including an LG G4 phone on a 2-year term. This model is a couple of years old, but again, it more than meets my needs. My monthly cost is basically unchanged from what I was paying on an old Rogers plan with no data, so in essence, the Zoomer plan has given me two notable no-cost upgrades immediately, data and the phone, with unlimited minutes to come in a few more months. And Zoomer uses the Rogers network, so no change in that regard.
    Ciel, Ladybug2011, crafter and 2 others like this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nope, have just the same question
    Last edited by natalieroi; Sat, Sep 22nd, 2018 at 04:49 AM.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I want to know ,too.

CaLoonie
    [vbp_tr_most_helpful_week]
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Zoomer is really just Rogers priced lower. It should be fine for most people.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Have been using Zoomer Wireless for a couple of months. No complaints to this time. Good service.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've been with them for 3 years. My parents and sisters have also switched to them. All very pleased. Anytime that I've needed to call them I've hardly been on hold. Dislike for me is they don't have a US option that is less than 30 days. Used to be with Koodo and they had options for much fewer days if I happened to go there for a week or weekend. Their referral program gives $50 each to the referrer and the new customer. If anyone needs a referrer, feel free (not sure if this part of my post is allowed in the forum. If not, please let me know and I'll remove it) to reach out.
    Last edited by leniko; Fri, May 15th, 2020 at 02:29 PM.
    DarcySpielvogel likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just signed up last week! It was a fast, easy friendly process.
    With the $100 sign up bonus, $50 referral credit and selling the phone it was a no brainer for me.
    The $50 referral bonus is only good until June 30th, but the $36 all in plan is on until July 15th 2020.
    I can refer anyone who needs it.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I was pleased enough with Zoomer that I signed up in the spring for a new 2-year contract after my previous one ended. I'm still paying just over $40 a month including tax, for which I now get 800 anytime minutes and 5 GB of data, both of which are more than I've ever used, plus I got a new Samsung phone (a 2019 model) as well as a $100 credit for activating a new line, a $50 referral credit, and a $50 referral credit on my old line, which I later closed since we don't need two.

Zoomer seems to focus on serving people who aren't heavy phone / data users and who don't need/want a high-end phone. If this applies to you, there are a few other packages available; e.g. another popular one has unlimited minutes and 6 GB as well as a phone for about $5.50 more per month.
    rockco and DarcySpielvogel like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I signed up for the same $36 plan as you.
    I was so happy with it I signed up my daughter using the $50 referral bonus for us both!!!
    I researched all Canada phone plans and determined this was the best one!
    rockco, dededi and DarcySpielvogel like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Also got the $36 plan myself and no complaints whatsoever as of yet. Have had it for 2 months now.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PeterCase View Post
    Also got the $36 plan myself and no complaints whatsoever as of yet. Have had it for 2 months now.
    Had them for 5 years for my senior father, got nothing but the run around for 4 days to cancel his plan when he became palliative. Charged him a cancellation fee as well. Not the best way to claim service for seniors who usually get ill or palliative. Would have been better off staying with Telus
    dededi and Ciel21 like this.
    Swagbucks is the best way to get free stuff for surfing the web.... please use my referral link
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/boyzmom33

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Due to the July 8 Rogers outage situation that let Canadians know how Interac was not working, I learned that Rogers owns Zoomer Wireless as part of its portofolio of cellphone service providers. Different degrees of service restoration for various Rogers network services occurred in the days following the #RogersOutage.
    Last edited by Ciel21; Wed, Aug 17th, 2022 at 03:41 PM.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Thread Information