User Tag List

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree971Likes

Thread: Loblaws admits to bread price fixing (with immunity) & Offers $25 Gift Card

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Just just got the email
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I called the toll free number and the person on the Phone was just agreeing with everything I was saying but was no help to me. Did anyone try sending an email to see if a regular envi mailed from a different source will work. I asked about scanning the Pepsi Promo envi and he said he was not sure. I just All for the heck of it to see the response I would get. I don’t drive and neither is any of the Bills in my name..even if the were I would not be giving them a copy of any of my info.he just said my address could not be verified
    Ciel, walkonby and cath007 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Did anyone try sending an email to see if a regular envi mailed from a different source will work.
    I asked about scanning the Pepsi Promo envi and he said he was not sure.
    Just curious, what's an "envi"?
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    I think she mean enveloppe.
    Ciel likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@cath007 is correct it is envelope
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@cath007 is correct it is envelope

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Colsgirl View Post
    I was reading lawyers comments on a link on the class action page and it was saying that by accepting the $25 consumers may be signing away more rights than they realize ... if the cards do turn up, I'm half tempted to send them back and just go with the class action.

I bet in court it makes Loblaws look good that they reimbursed lots of people already with the $25 gift cards, so their penalty for this fraud will probably be less than the max? Maybe the lawyers know this and thus wants us to refuse the cards... but of course, the lawyers just wanna make sure they get the most $ they can, they don't care about us.

I figured I would get less from the class action, so I went for the gift card ...but I will still join the lawsuit just in case.
    hcao, Ciel and Cuckoobird like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I received the "send us your driver's license or utility bill" email and when I called I asked if I could simply go to an Atlantic Superstore, go to Customer Service, physically show them my utility bill and have them confirm I am legit (which I am), would that be sufficient. I was told no....they said I must submit the document on their online secure website or by physical mail, and no other option will be accepted. I said I am not willing to comply and after having read that Canada's privacy commissioner is now looking into the matter, I am glad I didn't send anything.
    hcao and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mulock View Post
    I received the "send us your driver's license or utility bill" email and when I called I asked if I could simply go to an Atlantic Superstore, go to Customer Service, physically show them my utility bill and have them confirm I am legit (which I am), would that be sufficient. I was told no....they said I must submit the document on their online secure website or by physical mail, and no other option will be accepted. I said I am not willing to comply and after having read that Canada's privacy commissioner is now looking into the matter, I am glad I didn't send anything.
    The reason being is that it's about accountability. There is a set team that is assigned JUST the role of validating the legitmacy of these claims.

They arent going to permit the onus of responsibility to fall on the hands of store clerks... That staff that would have little to no interest nor respect the process. They then cant be sure that the validations would be purely legit. If by some chance they DID allow it, it would also inundate the store staff with people coming in with the wrong items, or sob stories, or long winded explanations, etc... things the store staff just arent equipped to handle.

In fact showing this info to store staff, I think, would be MORE of a risk. Conisder there are hundreds upon hundreds of Loblaws branded stores, with who knows how many staff members that could be receiving customers. Staff that arent necessarily under the strict level of confidentiality... If personal information got leaked out, it only increases the margin of possibility of breach than just submitting it to the tighter-knit group that are requesting it in the first place.

I'm not encouraging you to send it along, and I respect anyone's decision to not do so... I'm merely appreciating why they wouldnt want to put that responsibility in the hands of store staff.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Wed, Mar 14th, 2018 at 09:05 PM.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

I received the $25 gc today. I registered on Jan 8th.
    Ciel and cath007 like this.
    Search & Win using Swagbucks! Redeem for amazon.ca/Cineplex/Shutterfly gift cards.
    Click >>> Swagbucks <<< and start earning your own.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

A quick question:Why we dont receive the e-mail for additional infos at the same time?Now I check everyday my e-mail just in case because the card is not in my mailbox.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I received the $25 gc today. I registered on Jan 8th.
    Glad to hear that and they are still coming!!!!
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    A quick question:Why we dont receive the e-mail for additional infos at the same time?Now I check everyday my e-mail just in case because the card is not in my mailbox.
    Im sure there are hundreds of thousands of applications. They just need to filter through them.

If you go back to the loblawscard.ca website, and check your status, apparently they will update it if they require the additional info. (someone posted thier status a few pages back in this forum).... Otherwise, if your status still says "Your registration has been received by the Program Administrator." your card is probably still pending. (Mine and my mothers STILL say that, and we received our cards 2 weeks ago).
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Privacy commissioner investigating Loblaws for making people send ID for $25 gift cards

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/privacy-commissioner-loblaws-gift-card-privacy-1.4574960

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Scanning and sending the utility bill is such a joke.

Anyone who is committing a fraud for the $ 25 GC, is easily going to photo shop a Utility bill with their own address and name. Its extremely easy to do so.

Once you scan it and upload it, you can't even make out the fraudsters name & address was overlapped on the bill.

I have a pre-paid phone which I barely use, just some back up phone for out of town guests and for travelling, I have an online bill for that too - even a phone is considered to be an utility - doesn't have to be Hydro bill,Heating bill, Water bill etc. Its extremely easy for me to manipulate this bill and photo shop it if I really want & to commit fraud.
    Newfiescreech, hcao and Ciel like this.

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information