User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: Flashfood rolled out in many areas of ON

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Update: These things are stated in the thread, but to make them clear here in the OP, Flashfood purchases are completely separate from other purchases in the same stores, payment is made in-app with a linked credit card, coupons are not accepted, and PC Optimum points are not given.

It looks like the Flashfood program is being expanded to all RCSS stores in ON this week. For those who haven't seen it, it's a program that offers food that is mostly a day or two from its best by date at a discount, generally about half off from what I've seen at the Oakville store which has had the program for a few months now, presumably as one of the pilot / test locations.

The items available at each location appear in the Flashfood app, which is also used for ordering and payment. At Oakville, pickup is inside at the CS counter.

Just to be clear, Flashfood does not include all clearouts, only selected items that are specific to each store.

I made my first purchase this afternoon. It was confirmed quickly in the app, but it took about 10 minutes before the store's list of purchases updated, which had to happen in order for me to get my order.

While personal messaging isn't working, I can be reached at jontoo @ zoho .com (remove the spaces) if you're interested in learning more, including but not limited to how to get a referral code for $5 off your second purchase (the first one only has to be 50 cents).
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by Arjon; Sat, Aug 10th, 2019 at 07:07 PM.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Wow...didn't know there was an app. for this. My No Frills often has different meats sold like this, but it is sporadic. Two weeks ago I got the 'farm fresh' chicken, the brand with the farmers face on the package. It was original tag of $16.16--I paid $4.22. It was 7 large air chilled, skinless, boneless chicken breasts.
    This was on a Friday and the best by date was the following Monday. Fine for me, because, I just divide the package up and it goes in the freezer.
    I will check the Flashfood app.
    thanks for posting!
    Ciel, walkonby and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

If anyone would like a referral code PM me! It will give you $5 off your second purchase. (First purchase much be .50 or more)

(Referral Code in Signature. )
    Last edited by GracieAnne; Thu, Aug 15th, 2019 at 06:44 PM.
    Ciel and dededi like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Does anyone know - when ordering via Flashfood, is there an option to change payment methods at the store? i.e. can I, at the time of pickup, pay with points, or a GC? Or use coupons?

Another question: Are flashfood items available in the store, without using the app? Can I just go to the store and pick them up off the regular shelves -- or are they in a dedicated section not accessible to everyone else?

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by calculator View Post
    Does anyone know - when ordering via Flashfood, is there an option to change payment methods at the store? i.e. can I, at the time of pickup, pay with points, or a GC? Or use coupons?

Another question: Are flashfood items available in the store, without using the app? Can I just go to the store and pick them up off the regular shelves -- or are they in a dedicated section not accessible to everyone else?
    With the caveat that I'm only going on the one purchase I've made, it seems pretty unlikely that you can switch payment methods when picking up your order. It would seem quite odd if you could since Flashfood isn't part of the Loblaw group afaik?

In the two stores I've seen Flashfood, the items are completely separate, on shelves and in one or two fridges at or right by the CS counter.
    Ciel and calculator like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I work at one of the superstores that it did a pilot project in so I can confidently say, no you cannot change payment methods at the store. No coupons, no points, etc.

For the second question, you can generally buy the items on the regular shelves, however they won't be priced the same. I was told to always put any flash food items for 50% off at first (then lowering the price more as it gets closer to the expiry). If there's any others left on the regular store shelves, they will only have a 30% off sticker.
    Ciel, dededi, Arjon and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I used Flashfood all the time when they were at Longo's. Was sad to see them go. It's all the close to expiry food, at a great discount. You pay ahead in the app and it tells you when the food is going to expire. Too bad Superstore is way far away for us
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Didn't know about this app, thanks so much!!!!!
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Flashfood item are ONLY available to purchase through the app... u cannot purchase in store. No coupons or points.... sometimes the deals are 5 and 10 cents!!
    dededi likes this.
    $5.00 OFF I've been using Flashfood to get huge savings on groceries. I thought you’d want to try it out. Use my invite code for a freebie: https://flashfood.app.link/h49poEm9AP

Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I've been using for about a year now and have gotten amazing deals. Pm me and I can send u my code and u will get a 5.00 credit after your first purchase of 50 cents or more!
    dededi likes this.
    $5.00 OFF I've been using Flashfood to get huge savings on groceries. I thought you’d want to try it out. Use my invite code for a freebie: https://flashfood.app.link/h49poEm9AP

moneysaver
    Trading Score
    460 (100%)

How long after ordering, can you pick up the food?
    dededi likes this.
    Please use my link to join swagucks
    www.swagbucks.com/refer/erusmus
    And for superpoints
    http://superpoints.com/refer/erusmus

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Wow! What a great idea. I knew nothing about this. Just loaded the app. Thank you all for the information. It
    dededi likes this.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by erusmus View Post
    How long after ordering, can you pick up the food?
    Instantly. At least at my store, we take the food up, put it in the system at customer service and then the food goes in the cooler or shelf within seconds.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GracieAnne View Post
    Instantly. At least at my store, we take the food up, put it in the system at customer service and then the food goes in the cooler or shelf within seconds.
    I placed an order this week from inside the store, then shopped for a few minutes before going to CS. I could not pick up the order for a few more minutes, not until my name showed up in the rep's list of orders. I'd estimate it was roughly 10 minutes from the time I placed my order and paid until I was able to pick it up. To be clear, the items were right there. The delay was that I couldn't take them until my order showed up on the order list, which did not happen immediately.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    I placed an order this week from inside the store, then shopped for a few minutes before going to CS. I could not pick up the order for a few more minutes, not until my name showed up in the rep's list of orders. I'd estimate it was roughly 10 minutes from the time I placed my order and paid until I was able to pick it up. To be clear, the items were right there. The delay was that I couldn't take them until my order showed up on the order list, which did not happen immediately.
    I have been able to do an order while in line at the check out and then walk over to the counter so I wonder why you had a delay. In fact its often as I stand in line to check out that I realize I did not look for any Flash Food deals.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information