User Tag List

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://www.nationalpost.com/related/...?id=756766&p=1

I'm sure you all think I hate the environment, but that's not it, I just hate it when environmentalism becomes faith-based, instead of based on science.

Let's respect our earth, and try to reduce our impact, while not going nuts over every political, money-making claim as to what is going on in our world.

We need to think about real science, and a little bit of common sense, before panicking that the world is about to end...
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Wins ~ $339.50 for 2008

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am sorry, but I absolutely disagree with this article. Global warming is a fact. There are many hundreds of scientists who have studied this very thing, and they are publishing their findings in scientific journals, not straight to the National Post, which, while it does have legitimate news and articles, is not really where scientists publish first. Although this scientist has some impressive credentials, he does seem to have an agenda here, especially by mentioning the Australian gov't, and what they are planning to do over greenhouse emissions. Sometimes large corporations, and/or governments pay a lot of money to legitimate scientists to put a different light on things, especially when they stand to lose their shirts. (remember tobacco co.'s and their scientists? These scientists were real as well, with very impressive credentials)

I think that he is very much in the minority here, especially when the global warming we are experiencing now was predicted decades ago, and went largely ignored. Now we can no longer ignore the impact we have made on the environment. All around us, we can see with our own eyes what all this poison doing to us and our bodies, to the animals, to our plants, and water. These are serious issues that he doesn't touch on at all in his article, which deals mainly with what? the atmosphere? the ozone? Sorry, but what about what the emissions are doing to everything else? Why not reduce emission use for these things?

The end of the world might not be coming, but there have been, throughout history, many instances where thousands upon thousands died to poisons and disease. We are standing on the brink of many different types of things happening: life-threatening airborne diseases are particulary threatening, especially when one's immune system is weakened by pollution etc. If reducing emissions mean that my grandchildren and their little friends, and their descendants have clean food and water, and less asthma, SIDS, SARS, avian flu etc. I say GREAT!

I could go on and on, but I just got back from a long trip, and need to rest. So sleepy (yawn!). Anyway, that is just my own point of view, and I certainly don't expect everyone to agree with me.

Good topic swouper! I'd like to hear what other people might think too.

(oh. and I am not an activist or anything...just a normal person thinking and reading my way thru stuff! I try to keep an open mind, and am flexible. If I am wrong about things I wouldn't mind knowing why..)

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

The National Post runs anti-environmental articles at least weekly, if not daily, and it is a major theme throughout the paper. If they had 600,001 articles submitted to them about global warming, 600 000 for and 1 against, I would bet my life savings on them only publishing the latter.

I would actually be really interested in knowing who owns the NP, does anyone know how to find that out? When I'm reading it, I often wonder just whose agenda they are trying to push on me.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am not 100% sure what the causes of Global warming are, but I love our planet, and am willing to try and protect it in any way that I can...

It scares me to think that Mother Earth is in need of so much, and we seem to have become some type of a plague to her...

Thread Information