User Tag List

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: CoVid - Applying for the NEW emergency fund for laid off people & others.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well my DH tried to apply for his second payment today only to be told that he will have to wait for his EI code to arrive in the mail before he can apply again through Service Canada-so hopefully it comes soon as I think he applied for EI a couple of weeks ago. I think DD will be getting the same message.
    Ciel likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am having an issue with Mom's as well. I only applied for her last Thursday, she does not have her first payment yet. I cannot even get into her account it keeps giving errors on information it has not even asked us for. Hoping that code arrives soon but the paperwork I got when I signed her up said it could take 2 weeks so with how busy they are I expecting longer than 2 weeks.

All of this has me worried she will not get the next payment and who knows if this will some how knock her out of the program somehow.

All of this is so annoying especially she has been off almost a month and they still do not have their ROE's. So also hoping that does not cause an issue.

All of this is just so frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Well my DH tried to apply for his second payment today only to be told that he will have to wait for his EI code to arrive in the mail before he can apply again through Service Canada-so hopefully it comes soon as I think he applied for EI a couple of weeks ago. I think DD will be getting the same message.
    Ciel likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Not only that, now every 2 weeks they will make him fill his EI reports, although he is basically getting CERB and not EI, since EI has transferred him automatically into CERB.

What a stupid system. Lot of EI guys are stuck, neither getting EI nor CERB.
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

He can get an EI access code online faster through CRA instead of waiting for it in the mail.

Here's how to get the access code online (you need my CRA account ):

Log into My CRA Account. Scroll down the main page and right of where it says, 'RRSP and TFSA', you should see 'My service Canada account with 'access now' link account. Click on the access now link. It will ask you to confirm some stuff and just say 'I agree' You will be auto-directed to My Service Canada account Sometimes for new registrants it will say it's unable to access because of you live outside of Canada etc. If you don't and haven't lived outside of Canada, simply change the province of your residence by clicking the link (it will says view/change current province something like that) When you get to the My Service Canada main page, go under 'Service Canada account services' and expand the 'EI' tab Your access code is the 10th bullet. Click on it and you will see your 4 digit EI access code for your EI reports.
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I am on CPP disablility and was wondering if anyone know if there is any kind of extra assistance that i can apply for. I am totally lost when i search tru all of the things i find on line and would appreciate if anyone can help with this
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A week ago, the treasury board says a double payment is not a mistake... https://globalnews.ca/news/6793526/c...uble-payments/

And today it's labelled a mistake... https://globalnews.ca/news/6815789/c...nt-what-to-do/

I was going to wait til May's period to apply again, but now I'm not sure.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    I am on CPP disablility and was wondering if anyone know if there is any kind of extra assistance that i can apply for. I am totally lost when i search tru all of the things i find on line and would appreciate if anyone can help with this
    A disability advocate is trying to get the federal government to address how to financially help the disabled.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbu...ding-1.5530405

Aside from that, have you looked into any local United Way, municipal, community organization or community foundation for any special programs/funding being provided to your area's residents? If you are a senior and have a United Way in your region, you could ask about senior supports being provided due to recent government of Canada funding for New Horizons. http://www.unitedway.ca/blog/governm...traide-canada/

I noticed that the CPP site states some changes to the benefits program occurred but other than the Service Canada closures, not much is evident. https://www.canada.ca/en/services/be...y-benefit.html

Many municipal sites offer links to financial websites related to COVID-19 supports (usually CERB) but there might be local supports listed too. i.e. City of Toronto's list of supports https://www.toronto.ca/home/covid-19...accordion=food

City of Hamilton https://www.hamilton.ca/coronavirus/...rt-individuals
    Last edited by Ciel; Tue, Apr 14th, 2020 at 10:26 PM.
    Thatdone likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Received $2,000 more Justin bucks this a.m.
    princessjen and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Trudeau also says workers who earn $1,000 a month or less, are now eligible to apply for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit. This is aimed at those with jobs but reduced earnings, like gig and seasonal workers, contractors and part-time workers.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by princessjen View Post
    So, come the second last week of April my employer will no longer be paying me to stay home and I will only be working 4 hours a week, even though I would normally work full time. Am I able to get any EI? I find this all really confusing.
    You are NOW eligible. @princessjen
    PM announced it today.

Trudeau also says workers who earn $1,000 a month or less, are now eligible to apply for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit. This is aimed at those with jobs but reduced earnings, like gig and seasonal workers, contractors and part-time workers.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by padyofurniture View Post
    A week ago, the treasury board says a double payment is not a mistake... https://globalnews.ca/news/6793526/c...uble-payments/

And today it's labelled a mistake... https://globalnews.ca/news/6815789/c...nt-what-to-do/

Don't worry you will be fine. As long as you are eligible and it's a legitimate claim, there is no need to worry.

Lot of people have got double payments. CRA will make sure that no one will get more than
    $ 8,000.

Doesn't matter if they messed up and gave it to you in 3 pay periods or 4 pay periods.
    Ciel and padyofurniture like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    You are NOW eligible. @princessjen
    PM announced it today.

Good! Thanks for the update!
    Ciel likes this.
    Join Swagbucks for free amazon gift cards! $500 earned so far!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Go Jen-Yeah for you!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by padyofurniture View Post

You only have to return a payment if you are not eligible or if you return to work earlier than expected. Neither of these conditions apply to you.

Double payment is THEIR mistake, not yours, they have a record of that and they will sort it out on their own in the coming weeks, by withholding one of your future payments, saying you already got paid, you won't have to do anything from your end.

---+----

Return or repay CERB

You may want to return or repay the CERB if you:

• return to work earlier than expected
    • applied for CERB but later realize you’re not eligible

You have the option to return or repay your CERB payment now.

If you still have the original CERB cheque

You can return the cheque by mail to the address below.
    If you don't have the cheque or were paid by direct deposit

You can mail your repayment to the CRA. Be sure to:

1. make payment out to "Receiver General for Canada"
    2. indicate it is for "Repayment of CERB"
    3. include your Social Insurance Number (SIN) or your Temporary Tax Number (TTN)

Mail your payment to

Revenue Processing – Repayment of CERB
    Sudbury Tax Centre
    1050 Notre Dame Avenue
    Sudbury ON P3A 0C1

Last edited by tjthemanto; Thu, Apr 16th, 2020 at 09:46 AM.
    padyofurniture likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Does anyone know, if my employer decides to apply for the CEWS and I perfer to do the CERB, can I opt out of the CEWS? I think I will make more money with the CERB.
    Join Swagbucks for free amazon gift cards! $500 earned so far!!

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information