User Tag List

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: CoVid - Applying for the NEW emergency fund for laid off people & others.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    I would also like to have some help on this TIA
    Things should clear up by next week. More details will be available about applying. Process should be similar to CERB.

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    They will have to apply through CRA - My Account for CESB. A phone application will also be there if they don't have a CRA - My Account. Press 1 , Press 2 - Toll Free number, enter your SIN, DOB type of simple 1-2 minutes phone application.

But I don't think the application is open yet. But by next week it should open. Even if it delays a bit, all the payments should be retroactive to May 1, so the students won't really lose much.

Very good information on CESB here :

https://www.savvynewcanadians.com/ho...-benefit-cesb/
    ROMEO likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Some good CESB information over here for students.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CESB/comments/gbjezc/cesb_faq/
    Giseledta and ROMEO like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thank you @tjthemanto for the info it’s appreciated

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Something coming up for low income seniors affected due to Covid.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...-to-covid-1-2/

Will probably be only for low income seniors who receive low OAS, low CPP , GIS, low ODSP etc.

If you have good CPP, OAS, company pension these benefits coming up might not be for you.
    princessjen likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

thak you so much !!!!!
    Some good CESB information over here for students.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CESB/comments/gbjezc/cesb_faq/
    ROMEO likes this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm a little bit confused. For the cerb on the cra website, it says you must not earn more than $1000 for 14 consecutive days the first time you apply. (Which these next 2 weeks I will not be. May 3-16) My department might be opening again on May 19th, which will put me over $1000 for the month. Will I have to pay back the $2000 payment then if I made less than $1000 for the first 14 consecutive days?
    ROMEO likes this.
    Join Swagbucks for free amazon gift cards! $500 earned so far!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Are you processing and EI reporting, my Mom since she is employees even though she applied for CERB after the March 15th Deadline she was sent an access code and has to fill out reports every 2 weeks. If filling our reports you can answer that you have gone back to work

Quote Originally Posted by princessjen View Post
    I'm a little bit confused. For the cerb on the cra website, it says you must not earn more than $1000 for 14 consecutive days the first time you apply. (Which these next 2 weeks I will not be. May 3-16) My department might be opening again on May 19th, which will put me over $1000 for the month. Will I have to pay back the $2000 payment then if I made less than $1000 for the first 14 consecutive days?
    princessjen and ROMEO like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Are you processing and EI reporting, my Mom since she is employees even though she applied for CERB after the March 15th Deadline she was sent an access code and has to fill out reports every 2 weeks. If filling our reports you can answer that you have gone back to work
    I have not applied yet. I have been using up the emergency days my employeer has given us, but I have used them all up now. I was going to apply for cerb last week, but then my employer decieded to top up my hours and give me an exta 14 hours on my paycheck, which would have screwed up cerb, if I had applied.
    ROMEO likes this.
    Join Swagbucks for free amazon gift cards! $500 earned so far!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

well if 14 hrs comes to less than 1,000 I don't think it would have messed it up-you are allowed to earn up to 1,000 per 4 week period without it affecting your CERB.
    princessjen and ROMEO like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am not sure when you first apply but now I know my Mom fills out reports every 2 weeks and gets a payment every 2 weeks based on her reports as she did have one week where she had income as her employer has paid out everyone's vacation pay.
    princessjen likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

1.4 million jobless Canadians don’t qualify for the CERB or EI, analysis finds.

https://ipolitics.ca/2020/04/24/1-4-...nalysis-finds/
    About 1.4 million jobless Canadians in the third week of April are not receiving the new federal emergency benefit or employment insurance, according to a new analysis from the Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives.

READ MORE: A third of unemployed Canadians left out of EI and the CERB, analysis says

Senior economist David Macdonald estimates 16 per cent of all unemployed Canadians during the COVID-19 pandemic are without such aid, largely because they do not meet eligibility requirements for EI or the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB).

Out of that, an estimated 549,000 Canadians who lost employment before March 15 don’t qualify for EI, primarily because they haven’t worked in the last two years or didn’t work enough hours to be eligible.

Another 466,000 jobless are ineligible for the $2,000-a-month CERB because they did not meet the requirement of making $5,000 in income in the last 12 months or in 2019.

As well, the analysis estimates 232,000 Canadians can’t get the CERB because they quit their job recently instead of being laid off, including those leaving work because they do not feel safe.

Macdonald also assumes 165,000 jobless Canadians, based on previous analysis of benefit take-up patterns, don’t receive the CERB because they face application difficulties.

Macdonald told iPolitics that while the CERB program has clear strengths, there are still gaps in eligibility that should be filled.

“On one side you see that the CERB is a decent program — it was designed rapidly, it moves money rapidly, it’s much more modern than the old EI system,” he said.

“However, there are restrictions that were put in place early on, some of which have been changed but some of the big ones remain. As a result, there’s a lot of people don’t have work and don’t have income support.”

While the total number of jobless without support increased compared to a similar analysis by Macdonald last month, a smaller percentage of all unemployed workers now are without access.

His March analysis estimated almost a third of jobless Canadians — 895,000 in total — had no access to either streams of federal income support. (Macdonald has since revised up his previous figure of 862,000 to reflect new labour data that indicates higher unemployment).

While unemployment likely increased from March, Ottawa has since extended CERB eligibility to seasonal and unemployed workers who have exhausted their EI regular benefits since Jan. 1.

At Ottawa’s request, some provincial governments have also agreed to not claw back social assistance payments for those no longer working and collecting the CERB.

As well, Canadians earning less than $1,000 a month are now eligible.

Federal data indicates that Ottawa has received 6.82 million unique applicants for the CERB since mid-March.

Macdonald’s analysis also estimates more than 900,000 Canadians earning less than $1,000 a month will now have access to the benefit. However, an estimated 199,000 Canadians currently making less than $1,000 a month won’t get the CERB because of the $5,000 income threshold.

He said there are as many as 1.4 million Canadians making between $1,000 and $2,000 a month who are now incentivized to try to cut their hours to become eligible for the benefit.

“In a regular world, you wouldn’t design a wall like that, where if you make $1,000 you get a $2,000 top up, and if you make $1,001 you get nothing,” Macdonald said. “But I suspect what happened is that expediency trumped good policy.”

READ MORE: CERB eligibility expanded to part-time and seasonal workers, Trudeau says

However, Macdonald said the CERB’s success will make it difficult for Canadians to return to the traditional EI system, which offers less, requires more and puts Canadians into a complicated application process.
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Sun, May 10th, 2020 at 06:39 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Aid coming for seniors facing 'real' cost increases due to COVID-19, Duclos says.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/politics/aid-coming-for-seniors-facing-real-cost-increases-due-to-covid-19-duclos-says-1.4928015

Aid coming for seniors facing 'real' cost increases due to COVID-19, Duclos says

OTTAWA -- One of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's top ministers says federal assistance is on the way for seniors on fixed incomes.

Many have faced an increase in the cost of living as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The Liberals have promised help for seniors, particularly those whose income is derived from public and private pensions, although the details have been scarce.

Treasury Board President Jean-Yves Duclos says the government will soon be announcing assistance for seniors because of the cost crunch they may face.

He cited a list of issues that have driven up everyday costs for seniors, including jumps in food prices because of disruptions in supply chains, transportation and delivery costs for those who are less mobile or don't feel comfortable going outside as provinces start relaxing health-related restrictions.

Normally, public pension payments through old age security, the guaranteed income supplement for low-income seniors, and the Canada Pension Plan would be adjusted to offset increases in inflation as measured by the national statistics agency.

Duclos is suggesting more help may be necessary than a cost-of-living adjustment.

The most recent federal figures show there were 6.5 million seniors receiving old age security payments in March.

There were 2.1 million receiving GIS payments, which are meant to put a financial floor under seniors.

Seniors groups and opposition parties have pressed the Liberals to increase the value of payments under both programs for the duration of the crisis.
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Sun, May 10th, 2020 at 06:37 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Package announced for OAS Seniors and additional amount for Seniors who also get GIS along with OAS.

Seniors who receive old age security will receive a one-time payment of $300, with an additional $200 for those who receive guaranteed income benefits.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Are you a Canadian student or recent graduate applying for CESB but have never filed a tax return?

Call 1-800-959-8281 to activate your SIN with CRA.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CanRevAgency/status/1259475894940434432
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Wed, May 13th, 2020 at 09:51 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

CESB and Strings

They just want students to be Like Temporary Foreign Workers - TFW - and pick berries or something on farms.

Looks like the delay in CESB is because they are tweaking all these strings!

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/canada-emergen...ched-1.4936825

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information