User Tag List

Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
Like Tree2646Likes

Thread: Covid-19 situation

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

This afternoon i heard on the news the going from the ReD Zone to the Orange zone is not restricted but recommended not to do that. So i think we can do our B-day Drive-Bys this weekend!
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

wow..my city (Drummondville) is now a red zone....
    ROMEO, walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

It's a 28 day return to Phase 2 for T.O. Ottawa and Peel region. Starting at midnight tonight ( Oct 9th )
    No indoor dining ( or drinking ), no gyms, we know the drill, ty super spreaders for having us all move backwards!!
    ROMEO, cath007, SnowFlakey and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

all restaurants, gyms, sports are suspended in all red zones throughout Quebec. Take out or drive through in restos only. Also checkpoints are being set up by the Police to make sure peeps dont drive from zone to zone to spread Covid.

i hate this, hate this, hate this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Both our kids live in orange zones. So far our grandsons will be playing hockey but we dont know for how long. two of our grandkids are in Cadets but that has been suspended for a while (no one knows for how long). One of our granddaughters (the one in her final year of high school), decided to take the year off and work (she landed a high paying job) since school is an iffy thing right now (1 day on, one day off, with online learning).

At least hubby had his second cataract operation and everything went fine. I see the retinologist next week to get my final results.

Fall is here and winter is coming (Game of Thrones) and already we are dans merde!!! The prov govt is telling us to stay home and not to make unnecessary trips. Hubby made the appointment to get our winter tires put on (winter tires are mandatory here in Quebec); no point in waiting too long because who knows if we will be allowed out of our homes!
    ROMEO, JadeAngel and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    all restaurants, gyms, sports are suspended in all red zones throughout Quebec. Take out or drive through in restos only. Also checkpoints are being set up by the Police to make sure peeps dont drive from zone to zone to spread Covid.

i hate this, hate this, hate this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Both our kids live in orange zones. So far our grandsons will be playing hockey but we dont know for how long. two of our grandkids are in Cadets but that has been suspended for a while (no one knows for how long). One of our granddaughters (the one in her final year of high school), decided to take the year off and work (she landed a high paying job) since school is an iffy thing right now (1 day on, one day off, with online learning).

At least hubby had his second cataract operation and everything went fine. I see the retinologist next week to get my final results.

Fall is here and winter is coming (Game of Thrones) and already we are dans merde!!! The prov govt is telling us to stay home and not to make unnecessary trips. Hubby made the appointment to get our winter tires put on (winter tires are mandatory here in Quebec); no point in waiting too long because who knows if we will be allowed out of our homes!
    @SnowFlakey : I absolutely hate hate hate those restrictions too....We paid for the irresponsibles people who dont want to wear mask or are asymptomatic and still see people....glad your hubby is ok and fine with his operation.I hope you will have good results you too!!! Stay safe!!!
    SnowFlakey likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

sighhhhhhhhhh (long and loud). Our whole area will now be (as of Friday) in the Red Zone (includes son and daughters area also). Means all sports for the grandsons will be cancelled. Bummer.
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Do you know anyone who had or has Covid-19. Both of my kids have been tested because they were in a situation (not close but general area and everyone was tested) and they were negative. My son had to quarantine for 14 days to be sure and was tested again, negative. Daughter didnt have to be quarantined, testing was just a precaution. Friday my daughter told us that someone in her place of work (no in her department) has tested positive. That whole department was closed and the peeps have to be tested and quarantined. daughters department is ok and they dont have to be quarantined. The company is following the guidelines and so far does not have to shut down.

Granddaughter number 2 was sent home from school on Wednesday because of someone being sick and having a fever in her class. The whole class was sent home. The child has since tested negative. Everyone is afraid and taking all precautions.

I watch as all the case number climb across Canada. Although we are nowhere near the US numbers, it is still very scarey.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My sister in the US and her DH and kids have all had it-twice!!
    ROMEO and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I watch as all the case number climb across Canada. Although we are nowhere near the US numbers, it is still very scarey.
    Some Canadians living in the US have come back to Canada and are staying at their homes here or their cottages. I heard some students from 'hot spots' are going to non-'hot spots' to live in all season cottages and study online.
    ROMEO and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

In case you're not aware of the COVID-19 exposure risk from going grocery and HBA shopping, so far this month, Loblaw (the parent company) has reported ~30 of their stores, just in ON, where at least one employee has tested positive. They obviously don't report for non-Loblaw stores, so the numbers for all ON grocery and HBA stores are sure to be substantially higher.
    ROMEO, walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Looks like large grocery chains are reporting COVID instances in their stores, on their website
    Example:
    https://corporate.sobeys.com/covid-19-cases-stores/
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Looks like large grocery chains are reporting COVID instances in their stores, on their website
    Example:
    https://corporate.sobeys.com/covid-19-cases-stores/
    Thanks for the info. I just looked and there are no cases in and around my town.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Thanks for the info. I just looked and there are no cases in and around my town.
    Be aware that these reports are trailing indicators that refer back about 7-10 days. They do NOT indicate the situation in your area now or any time since then.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    Be aware that these reports are trailing indicators that refer back about 7-10 days. They do NOT indicate the situation in your area now or any time since then.
    I will be checking from time to time for updates. Thanks for the info.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

quebec and Ontario still have the largest concentration of Covid-19 cases. But looking at the western provinces, some of them are catching up. Please Please Please be aware of your suroundings, wash your hands, keep your distance and wear a mask. People have become used to living with Covid and i think people have become too used to living with Covid. We take chances, maybe forget to wash our hands, or to wash or change our masks or think its ok to gather in large numbers; i dont know what it is. Even if you are seeing family members, please be careful. Follow the guidelines.

Most places of work are still open and Covid could be transmitted easily, so be aware. Same

goes if you grocery shop or go to medical appointments. I am seeing my oldest granddaughter this weekend (she works in the food supply industry and gets monitored daily) and my daughter who also works in the food industry. I feel they are safe because of the precautions at their places of work, but i still make them wash their hands and wear masks.

We are thinking ahead for christmas. Premiere Legault said the other day that it might be possible for peeps here in QC to get together in small numbers (small family groups), if only to have a bit of normalcy for the kids just like Halloween (which wasnt cancelled in Quebec). Our house is the largest of the bunch with lots of room. So thinking ahead and planning as to how we can physically distance here. We will see how things go.

Stay safe everyone!
    ROMEO likes this.

Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread Information