User Tag List

Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 LastLast
Like Tree2646Likes

Thread: Covid-19 situation

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    I know of individuals (extended kin) pondering a visit Stateside next month for a family event and one of them is waiting to see what the rules are before deciding to go ahead with attending or staying put at home.

Not sure how much fun it might be if they all go and one gets the random airport testing upon return to Canada and possibly gets stuck with the stay in the hotels for isolation.

For the time being, I will use a mask at the library (have to check if any rules have been updated for March 21 or not-staffer did not know last week when I asked) and inside retail but once the weather heats up, I may not if I cannot breathe with it on. Getting harder to breathe for me and carrying a shopping basket and moving with a cane in a store.

I know once I am stuck staying at home (due to health issue),, I cannot expect other family to wear masks at home. Not with them bringing in a friend or two over and indoors every so often and guests also not wearing masks. I better plan ahead to the extent I can and make my room my happy place for spring.
    @Ciel21 , I agree with you wearing a mask now especially with health issues. This variant, Omicron, is looking for a way in and if you have health issues, Omicron is 'happy to meet you'. Today the positivity rate is 12%. That's too high. I would be more comfortable with a positivity rate below 2%. I am wearing my mask too.
    harbie, cath007 and SnowFlakey like this.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Hubby and i will be wearing our masks whenever we go out anywhere. Im not ready to be maskless. DS got Covid from someone at work who was infected but chose to work anyway! SIL's work place was closed to 1 week because of 1 infected person who chose to come to work. The company couldnt get it under control and Sante Quebec had to step in and sanitize the whole place. Roughly 100 people were affected because of 1 person.

I wear my mask, sanitize my hands going and leaving, even in a resto. The BA-2 variant is of major concern. The reports coming out of China is worrysome. BA-2 should hit us in about 3-4 weeks.
    harbie and HermanH like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

So now they say that kids are showing up at doctor's and hospitals with a rash or lesions in their mouth and it's COVID. So if the kids go to daycare, it can go quickly through the daycare and the workers/parents may not pick up on it.
    On a positive note, ON is letting 60 year olds get their 4th vaccine if it's been 5 months since they got the 3rd dose.
    Skippy, harbie, SnowFlakey and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

The Covid situation in QC is getting very bad again but everything is open. Mask wearing is required until the end of Apr and then will be reevaluated. GS2 was sick with covid; his friends father ((who is a teacher) was infected, passed it on the his son who plays with our grandson who was infected. GS2 passed it on to his father and sister. Never ending story. Quebec-wide there are over 26,000 school kids that are infected. I think the province opened up too soon.

On another note, the 4th vaccine is now available to certain age groups. We plan on getting the 4th vaccine but only after Easter because i was very sick with the Booster and i dont what that to happen for Easter. So we will wait. I hope everyone will be well for Easter. We have a pile of b-days coming up starting the end of Apr and ending the end of May.
    harbie and walkonby like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Was watching the news and one doctor was saying that the enduring protection of a fourth dose might only be about a month or so. One question posed was whether or not it was better to take another shot before the start of summer or wait until the fall flu season.

This beat even my own prediction of boosters every four months. I thought I was pessimistic. Imagine needing a booster every single month.
    JadeAngel likes this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Was watching the news and one doctor was saying that the enduring protection of a fourth dose might only be about a month or so. One question posed was whether or not it was better to take another shot before the start of summer or wait until the fall flu season.

This beat even my own prediction of boosters every four months. I thought I was pessimistic. Imagine needing a booster every single month.
    I would not wait. Get it when you can.
    The vaccine helps your T memory cells say, " Hey covid variant xxx, I see you. I don't like you. I am calling the killer cells to take you out."
    The vaccine, 4th dose lets your T Killer cells say, " Hey covid variant xxx, I'm coming for you."

If you wait until the Fall, the T memory cells say, " Hmm. Do I know you covid variant xxx. Are you a good guy or a bad guy? I don't remember seeing you before. What should I do?" By the time T memory cells tell T killer cells to attack, covid variant xxx is reproduced enough in the body to cause illness.
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Thu, Apr 7th, 2022 at 10:00 PM.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    The Covid situation in QC is getting very bad again but everything is open. Mask wearing is required until the end of Apr and then will be reevaluated. GS2 was sick with covid; his friends father ((who is a teacher) was infected, passed it on the his son who plays with our grandson who was infected. GS2 passed it on to his father and sister. Never ending story. Quebec-wide there are over 26,000 school kids that are infected. I think the province opened up too soon.

On another note, the 4th vaccine is now available to certain age groups. We plan on getting the 4th vaccine but only after Easter because i was very sick with the Booster and i dont what that to happen for Easter. So we will wait. I hope everyone will be well for Easter. We have a pile of b-days coming up starting the end of Apr and ending the end of May.
    At least QC is looking at mask wearing again.

About schools Durham Region schools in ON has a shortage of teachers. Many out sick. COVID.
    harbie, walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Shwa Girls, here in QC we have never stopped wearing masks. Mask wearing is mandated by Sante Publique. It is the law.
    harbie likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Unfortunnatly masks will not be mandatory in the date of may 14 in QC...Except a few exceptions like public transports hospital,clinics,chsld and i think that it....I am not sure how I feel about that....I will go for my 4 vaccine soon dad already have it..will see...
    harbie likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm not happy either, I work in a school and the numbers are still too high for me. Teachers and students are still testing positive.
    harbie and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Unfortunnatly masks will not be mandatory in the date of may 14 in QC...Except a few exceptions like public transports hospital,clinics,chsld and i think that it....I am not sure how I feel about that....I will go for my 4 vaccine soon dad already have it..will see...

Masks have been gone here since March 11th. Doesn’t matter because we still wear our and will continue for a very long time. We also still schedule things like grocery shops early in the mornings or late in the evening when they usually aren’t as busy.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

On Sunday, US is lifting the requirement for a COVID test before international visitors enter the US. Must have COVID vaccines to enter.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

COVID numbers very high in China right now. Flights from China to the US, require testing before entry to US. Other countries are asking for testing if flying from China: Japan, India, South Korea, Taiwan. Canada is thinking about it now.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/covid-...test-1.6698952
    HermanH likes this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It is not useful. Putting lipstick on a pig. COVID will get back into the country regardless once it starts spreading from China again. By all means do it, but it really is just lipstick on a pig.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

It will at the least let them know what variants to prepare for as china
    does not seem to be forthcoming as to what exactly is happening there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    walkonby and Shwa Girl like this.

Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 LastLast

Thread Information