User Tag List

Like Tree23Likes
  • 3 Post By bhlombardy
  • 3 Post By Arjon
  • 8 Post By couponlady
  • 3 Post By walkonby
  • 4 Post By flemeth
  • 2 Post By crafter

Thread: Does PC optimum track purchasing limits?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am not a PC Optimum member but I was having a conversation with a friend who is, and had this thought:

The scenario:
    This weekend, Shopper's Drug Mart has 24pk of PC Spring Water for $1.99ea. Limit-4, After limit $2.99

My friend bought four, and I (at the next register) bought MY 4. (Me without a PCOp membership, I didnt get points, but he did).

The question:
    If he had scanned his PCOp card on my transaction, would their system recognize that he already purchased 4, and bump the price up to $2.99?
    or would it still ring in at $1.99 because it was a separate transaction? 🤔

(Note: I'm not saying it did, I'm just curious if it would)
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart, Spring Shoes
    barbis9, walkonby and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    I am not a PC Optimum member but I was having a conversation with a friend who is, and had this thought:

The scenario:
    This weekend, Shopper's Drug Mart has 24pk of PC Spring Water for $1.99ea. Limit-4, After limit $2.99

My friend bought four, and I (at the next register) bought MY 4. (Me without a PCOp membership, I didnt get points, but he did).

The question:
    If he had scanned his PCOp card on my transaction, would their system recognize that he already purchased 4, and bump the price up to $2.99?
    or would it still ring in at $1.99 because it was a separate transaction? 樂

(Note: I'm not saying it did, I'm just curious if it would)
    Unless it's stated otherwise, I'd expect to the sale price as well as points on both transactions. Assuming no other items, each purchase would earn 105 base points ($1.99 x 4 which rounds down at SDM, so 15 points per $1 x $7 = 105, worth 10.5 cents).
    barbis9, cath007 and 4sure5 like this.

[vbp_tr_most_helpful_all]
    Trading Score
    492 (100%)

It will still ring at $1.99. Product limit is per transaction, optimum card will not track the limit.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Excellent. Thanks for the replies.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

sorry for resurrecting this thread but I cannot figure out where to post about this.
    There was an unusual deposit of PC points on my receipt today when I shopped.
    I always look at the offers each week and write down the ones that I might use before I leave the house ( no cellphone so I have to write them down ).
    Anyhow, after paying for my order I saw a deposit of 17,500 points given under something called Continuity Spend 175??
    Was there a general offer out there that I was unaware of because I cannot recall this being in my weekly offers.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth but WOW....that sure made my morning.

I logged into my Optimum account to see if I could figure out what this is and I screen grabbed this....but I still don't know when i was offered it?

Name:  no frills offer.jpg
Views: 1183
Size:  35.7 KB
    cath007, crafter and Ciel21 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@walkonby yes there was an offer like this a while back it was not one of those that expire in 7 days.. You had to spend a certain amount not sure what yours was and it could have been used at different stores. No everyone got it. I didn’t but my friend did
    walkonby, cath007, crafter and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I've been receiving several PC offers wus lately and Free item offers. I'm so happy yes it does draw me there. I first rec'd 2 free items a week. I'm on week 4 of 2 freebies. This week a free no name cheese bar and a free case of water. I also rec'd an offer last week of 12,500 pts wus $125 cumulative at loblaws banners/no frills. This week it's 10k in points wus $150. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they keep making these offers
    Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    sorry for resurrecting this thread but I cannot figure out where to post about this.
    There was an unusual deposit of PC points on my receipt today when I shopped.
    I always look at the offers each week and write down the ones that I might use before I leave the house ( no cellphone so I have to write them down ).
    Anyhow, after paying for my order I saw a deposit of 17,500 points given under something called Continuity Spend 175??
    Was there a general offer out there that I was unaware of because I cannot recall this being in my weekly offers.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth but WOW....that sure made my morning.

I logged into my Optimum account to see if I could figure out what this is and I screen grabbed this....but I still don't know when i was offered it?

Name:  no frills offer.jpg
Views: 1183
Size:  35.7 KB
    walkonby and cath007 like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Thread Information