User Tag List

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
Like Tree1694Likes

Thread: August 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Younger son has gone gramma’s for a few days. I love that he still wants to hang out with my mom. My brother and sil stayed over last night so they will drop him off and then the older son will drive down to bring him home. He stripped his bed before he left so I will get that washed and in the line today. Not sure what my plan for today is but since I am back to work Tuesday I guess I should figure it out. But 1st coffee.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok. sold 2 items. 1 has been picked up 1 is out ready to be picked up .
    money is going to my emergecy money in house

just did th 3rd airmiles shop for the mega miles i think its called. i just cant see doing 2 more so i am at 3 . so 300 airmiles.

really focusing on needs and not wants.

ok. rest of the day. ..... laundry. kitchen and shopping,
    i may make soup. . i make good soup.
    ok. back later have fun!
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

back from gr shopping... sidenote... i have a love hate relationship withmy local store... currently it is not... favorable. i missed several items on my list... as .. ya know.. 2 grown a## men were hogging a entire isle and not letting anyone by.. - i was not the only one irratated.... i thought the 80 yr old woman was going to lose it on them ..... i am ignoring the 3 staff memmbers with the masks under thier noses..... and the no limit on people in the store.

any hoo . 200 airmiles, 6.00 for co 51, went to shoppers... got 14 220 pts. also went to dollerama... picked up cup holders.. teh wooden ones with a base.. and a stick up the middle with sticks coming out the center piece... - plan is to use one in my bathroom as a mask drying rack, and one at the back door.. as a grab your mask spot they were 4.00 each.

making a shepards pie for supper.
    Ciel, coupon girl, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

was not feeling well today so I just got what I need for supper the salmon in sale was the frozen one...but at 5,85 lbs its still a deal...2 english cucumber pm super c 0,99$ each and 2 small container of cherry tomatoes at 0,88$ each

so I will return tomorrow and the other day to maxi and slipt my transaction

if only my freezer was not full I would had bought more salmon at this price...maybe a cleaning is the best way to reorganize the freezer and fridge...

Supper tonight you guess it .....maple glazed salmon,chinese rice and ceasar salad.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Did my grocery shopping this afternoon. Only shopping for healthy and deals.

No Frills- The BLSL chicken breast that is advertised for $3.77LB. Marked down to $2LB!!! I wanted to get more last week from my stock up but didn't get a chance. Happy I didn't!! So i grabbed 9 family packs! Cooked one as soon as I got home and that is all sliced and in the fridge (youngest DS and I had chicken ceaser salad just now)
    Strawberries $1lb. Bought 5. I'm going to clean them all and put in snack size tupperware in the fridge.
    Romaine 2 x .94cents
    bananas
    Bought 4 PC frozen veggies and bananas.
    2 x $1.99 eggs at SDM.
    $2 for a vegetarian cauliflower crumble to try

I had taken 2 packages of ground beef out of the freezer to make taco meat. Cooking up now while I clean the fridge and prep the chicken for the freezer and clean the strawberries etc.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I popped over to fortinos and grabbed a few specials
    large fleecy 6.99-5.00 cpn=1.99
    oxiclean stain remover -had a free cpn 4.79
    liberte yogurt 3.99-1.00 cpn=2.99
    siggi 4 pkg yogurt 50% off reduced 5.99-50%=2.99-1.00 checkout61=1.99 expires sept 6th
    mini babybel 3.49-1.00 cpn=2.49 plus other deals

spent $43-20.00 in points=$23.63 saved $13.79 in coupons and 1.00 checkout51

Then treated hubby and i to hot foods wings and fries at fortinos $25-20 in points =$5.85 for 12 wings and fries
    Giseledta, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Huh look like fall want to make is come back....rainy and chilly day...kind of boring day...
    I might go to value village to see of they have some fall coat with father senior 30% discount... might take a 4 x because we cannot try anything with covid...right now I have a jean coat
    Might go shopping for 2 outdoors usaged chairs too
    Might buy a cheap watche too because the one I had ( free with subscribtion magazine) died and no I am not paying 10$ battery on a cheap free plastic and resine watche lol

Movie night and snacking kind of evening for me

Started to planned my 2 shopping at maxi and cie this week with pm and coupons
    @cath007 If your watch is still in great shape (wristband and watchface), wait for Shoppers to have 15% off batteries in its flyer then go buy the battery! Unfortunately, my Rexall drugstore watch buys were lousy as were the ones from Michaels and my Value Village buys too, though one watch did last about 5 months on one battery but its strap fell apart. So I must consider new watch somewhere...

I was looking at car manufacturer lifestyle/accessory catalogues to find watches, t-shirts and fun things like themed party supplies ($16.99 US for Ford balloons, paper plates, cups and 2 tablecloths--good thing I don't have US dollars to spend). Pleasant online shopping and I got to add some items to my Pinterest boards.
    Giseledta, coupon girl and cath007 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

On Friday, I was able to visit Sobeys to get a few things with a friend, who had another place to visit afterwards. Wi-fi in the area was not cooperating much until the car was parked in front of the store with the service. It was a windy morning.

Yesterday, I kept seeing rain clouds in the sky and some rain started to fall after 10:30am but not the volume I was anticipating. When the overcast look moved along, that Ms. Sunshine was cooking---she was hot! I stayed home after the laundry was done and some light indoor cleaning was done (I was alone inside so certain high traffic areas got attention).

Today, I feel like one just lounging. Definitely am not getting much done. Online window shopping has been the afternoon pleasure. Will see if I can post some new contests to help with back to school or back to fall routines! Debating the merits of putting some potatoes into oven to roast or just reheating what Mom made this weekend and making the potato dish tomorrow. Decisions...

Tomorrow, I intend to return Burlington library items (still uncertain about visiting Value Village to see if anything appeals in pants or hosiery) and must consider giving the lawn some cutting time.

Star Wars -The Mandalorian fans-Hot Topic (US site) has some new items posted. The one I most want is the On Duty and Off Duty reversible sign. Might be a good gift idea for people in your lives...to convey that they have off-time too! There's also a Baby Yoda pencil topper.
    Giseledta, coupon girl and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@coupon girl:lucky you to had a 5$ colgate coupon .I e-mailed them with a so nice comment and only got 5x1,00$ coupons lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Kitchen is finally clean! All the chicken and strawberries dealt with. Lots of leftovers in the fridge. No cooking till Wednesday!

Tomorrow: Work and posting crap for sale. Completely cleaning the dining
    room from top to bottom.
    Organize DS's school uniforms and school supplies.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Ciel : as for the watche I will go to wm and if they dont have it...will go to mall a boutique I saw have some for 30$
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I just wish I had a watch that would last at least a year in good condition and battery life! The money spent on watches over past two years-I could have bought a new Swatch watch instead. Lesson learned!
    Giseledta and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

wanted to try dr oekter momenti pizza with the 2$ newsletter coupon but it said i already printed the coupon....certainly not...I emailed dr oetker about that.....and e-mailed batiste waiting on a response did not get my prize..for the pizza I will wait a deal without coupon I guess not willing to paid entire price for a tiny single pizza lol!
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Productive day, nothing earth shattering but I am happy with Productive.

I made a batch of Rice, a pan of BBQ Chicken Chunks and a pan of Lemon Pesto Chicken. I added Stir Fry Veggies a touch of Butter and Lemon Juice to half the rice and have made 3 Chicken Pesto Bowls, I still have enough Chicken I can make one more bowl later in the week just need to cook up more veggies. The BBQ Chicken Chunks are in the Fridge to make Wraps or add to Salad this week.

Cut up two cucumbers that had some spots going bad and turned those into German Cucumber Salad with Fresh Dill Mom got me, so so good.

Cut up 4 Romaine Lettuce and had package for quick dump and make Salads, I find if the lettuce is cut up I will eat a Salad almost every day. If I do not pre cut it then the Lettuce tends to go bad in our fridge.

Also made 3 yogurt bowls with Berries, I tried using Frozen Berries so I used a little honey, lime zest, lime juice to make a sauce. I will add granola and eat these for Breakfast this week.

Mom cooked up a whole Chicken in the Slow-Cooker, I have to be honest it comes out amazing, it is so juicy and great flavour.

All and all I think we have a good start to the week and one night after work I should be able to quickly some up with one or two more dishes to finish out the week.

I desperately need to go grocery shopping but not sure I can make it to Costco this week, right now by the time I am done work I am so done I cannot even think about going to Costco, let alone going. I was trying to come up with a plan this week and was thinking that maybe I could get away with just going to one of our local stores and just picking up some fresh stuff to get us by. I am stocked up on meat and most things we buy from Costco, all I really need is a few fresh things, I even have enough lettuce to get through another week or two. That might have to be my plan.

I was hoping to be done my crochet project but that did not happen so going to work on it now for a bit and then I think it will be early to bed. I am still not feeling like myself, this personal stuff is really weighing on me and bothering me. Hoping I can turn my brain off tonight and get a good night sleep, going into the week tired is never a good start.

Have a great night everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

okay after seing in a french couponning group and its everywhere a clearance altrought it expire nov 20 .....I just went to an unplanned trip at super c

4x 1,99$ momenti spinach pizza dr oetker only this variety on clearance (Yes it would had been free with 2$coupons.....still crying hahaha) but at least I did not paid 3,99$ for those...because they are so tiny still a steal!

Janes chicken strips 5,99$ ( do you remember I think 2 summer ago the 4,00$ coupon on the box and the personnal offer so that was free at sdm...I miss that)

and plums 1,99$ lbs

bill came under 20$

alright good night!
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Aug 30th, 2020 at 09:34 PM.
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread Information