• 1 Post By walkonby
  • 4 Post By MortgageQueen
  • 1 Post By Arjon
  • 1 Post By Thatdone
  • 1 Post By Shwa Girl

Thread: Turkey's on sale

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Hey gang, it's been a long long time since I have posted here but really need help here. I am looking at all the flyers that start on Thursday and do not see anyone with turkeys on sale. Please tell me that someone has them on sale. The stores I can shop at are minimal at best, since I am on Ontario Works. I can go to No Frills, Food Basics and FreshCo on my budget.

They ALWAYS used to be on sale the week before, am I not seeing them? Full disclosure: No money means no new glasses so I may not be seeing them!
    This thread is currently associated with: Food Basics, FreshCo, No Frills
    walkonby and Shwa Girl like this.
    Is it baseball season yet?

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

You are SOL @theweave
    I have not seen any good sales on the birds.... we bought ours over a month ago, and not a sale price.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by theweave View Post
    Hey gang, it's been a long long time since I have posted here but really need help here. I am looking at all the flyers that start on Thursday and do not see anyone with turkeys on sale. Please tell me that someone has them on sale. The stores I can shop at are minimal at best, since I am on Ontario Works. I can go to No Frills, Food Basics and FreshCo on my budget.

They ALWAYS used to be on sale the week before, am I not seeing them? Full disclosure: No money means no new glasses so I may not be seeing them!

Metro has them on for $1.67/lb. Butterball

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

It seems like the lowest per-pound prices this year are at stores where birds between X and Y kg are all priced the same; e.g. 3-5 kg for $12. If you can find one close to 5 kg, that would be about $1.10 a pound.
    walkonby likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    It seems like the lowest per-pound prices this year are at stores where birds between X and Y kg are all priced the same; e.g. 3-5 kg for $12. If you can find one close to 5 kg, that would be about $1.10 a pound.
    Thats a good deal but i cant seem to find a store on flip that has it. Any help would be appreciated
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    Thats a good deal but i cant seem to find a store on flip that has it. Any help would be appreciated
    Pricing like this was in the RCSS flyer last week. My guess is that it's still on in-store since I believe that's what they've done before. You can phone to be sure. As for other banners, you can always try phoning them too.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by theweave View Post

According to the F-l-I-P-p app, Freshco (Hamilton) has Lilydale frozen turkey for $7.99 per pack. This may be a budget friendly solution
    FreshCo Flyer – Hamilton Flyers & Circulars |
    crafter likes this.

Thread Information