User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Grocery brag (week 11)... the work in progress in 2012

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by IMLN View Post
    So i'm not the only one who isisn't inspired by this weeks sales!!
    We do have a new local fruiterie and OMG the prices are awsome!! Next met up i send you the flyer and pick some up for you if you want.
    This week : 2x 1lb of strawbery for .99, caulyflower at .79 each, 2lb of carrots for .59, cherry tomato baskets .99, Grapefruits 5 for .99, avocado 2 for .99.
    IMLN this is a good new for you this new fruiterie

I was having one in my little town before... but this fruiterie have close 18 months ago Kids didn't wanted to take parents business or something like that. The fruiterie change for a coffee place, massotherapist (I think) and a place to buy nut and candy in vrac (like arachides dépot or bulk barn).

Next met-up I will appreciate the flyers of your fruiterie, thanks for the offer
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

Trading Score
    94 (100%)

i think that was a good idea for week 6 (save gas and $ by not spending when you don't need anything). i might do that this week as we don't need much.

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by chickypoodles View Post
    i think that was a good idea for week 6 (save gas and $ by not spending when you don't need anything). i might do that this week as we don't need much.
    yep, no gas spend was a good choice.

Right now I'm in process to reduce my stock, evaluated what I will need for the next canning/harvest season... In spring I will need sugar to do my spruce jelly and lilac jelly... I will need broth to can my local asparagus soup. I prepare my season slowly. I look for the new recipe I want to add, quantity to adjust (up or down) for next year. February is always a period like that for me.

For week 7, I will probably only need milk and fresh fuits and veggies to add to the one we still have (spaghetti squash, turban squash and hubbard blue from last fall) and my frozen one or homecanned one.

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2010ontest View Post
    To do list:

This week I need to finish to use my whey milk. 10 days ago I have done some cheese curd with 16L of milk, so I've got cheese curd plus 16L of whey milk. I already used 3 L to do my bread and an other 3L to do 4 cake recipe, so I still have 9L here. I plan to use 3L for my next bread dough and pizza dough and 3L for cake and/or muffin and 3L for pancake and scone recipe.
    Finally I made 2 batch of bread/pizza dough with my whey milk (4.4kg flour + 3L of whey milk)... I also done 8X my pancake recipe. We eat pancake for breakfast last sunday and I keep/freeze all the "perfect pancake" to do a pancake torte dessert with chocolate ganache, jam and caramel sauce for the BD of my DS this week.

I also have to do and can grenate curd with my pomagrenate. I plan to do around 4L of that curd to add in the pantry for futur dessert.
    Here it was a bad idea to try to can grenate curd Color of the curd is so ugly (brown/grey) and taste not good... not same as raspberry or lemon or lime or grapefruit So after doing one batch, I keep my juice as juice and use some to do jell-o with knox unflavoured gelatin and honey to sweet a little bit.

I need to use one spaghetti squash. I still have 3 at home. My cousin was having too many from her garden, so she give me 3 of them in january.
    Will do it tonight

I need to do an other batch of yogurt. This time I will do 4L of vanilla yogurt because I've buy my pod in january.
    Done and one half already eaten!

3 days ago, I have cook the superbe squash rouge vif d'Etampes that I've got from snuffaluffagus this fall. I have done some meals with it, but still have 1.5L of puree in the refrigerator. I plan to do one soup, one cake (with my whey milk and the squash puree) and one gratinated meals with this.
    Was use with lentil and cheese. And I have also done chickpeas/squash "burger" meal. Everything was yummy

I need list:

I will run out with my laundry soap soon, so I need to buy this next week. But here I'm sticky... I only want sunlight powder laundry soap. I found all other kind of laundry soap too smellie for me. I try several of them when I start couponing, but I return to my favorite and now I'm stickied on. So I need to buy some next week deals or not I also found hard to know the quantity of laundry soap I need at that time because I have 1 son on potty training and the other one still not good all night with this. When this will be done I will be able to reduce alot our laundry soap consommation.
    I buy the minimum of laundry soap on week 6... I will need to keep my eyes open for a deal on that soap in the next weeks.

In the next month, I will have to look for basmati and brown rice deals, potato deals, dry cranberry deals.
    This didn't change, except I have to add sunlight laundry soap on that list.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

You are very well organisated

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

yep, no gas spend was a good choice.

Right now I'm in process to reduce my stock, evaluated what I will need for the next canning/harvest season... In spring I will need sugar to do my spruce jelly and lilac jelly... I will need broth to can my local asparagus soup. I prepare my season slowly. I look for the new recipe I want to add, quantity to adjust (up or down) for next year. February is always a period like that for me.

For week 7, I will probably only need milk and fresh fuits and veggies to add to the one we still have (spaghetti squash, turban squash and hubbard blue from last fall) and my frozen one or homecanned one.
    I make broth every time we have a whole chickhen just add onions carrots and water and boil it and simmer a few hour. U can add spices or not oh and I freeze it in soup size,making rice size, and gravy size!
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    I make broth every time we have a whole chickhen just add onions carrots and water and boil it and simmer a few hour. U can add spices or not oh and I freeze it in soup size,making rice size, and gravy size!
    I do my broth too and I can it with my pressure canner to keep it at room temperature like the campbell one! This time of the year, I look for the chicken carcasse in my freezer to do a BIG size of broth to can. If I don't have enought carcasse in february, I manage to have more and be ready for may/june the time of local asparagus.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I do my broth too and I can it with my pressure canner to keep it at room temperature like the campbell one! This time of the year, I look for the chicken carcasse in my freezer to do a BIG size of broth to can. If I don't have enought carcasse in february, I manage to have more and be ready for may/june the time of local asparagus.
    WTG!
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Last edited by 2010ontest; Fri, Oct 26th, 2012 at 08:18 AM.

Trading Score
    94 (100%)

i love how your weekly average is dropping! & you make me feel guilty for sitting here at the computer after reading all the work you do! ugh, i'm off to make pancakes for DS

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just signed up for the metro points program because of your posts and I was wondering where you got the 100pt when you spend 15$ coupons ?

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jocelyne2 View Post
    I just signed up for the metro points program because of your posts and I was wondering where you got the 100pt when you spend 15$ coupons ?
    I received the 100pts wus15$ by regular mail 3 weeks ago. I think this is not everybody having the same kind of coupon for Métro & moi program. The voucher are mail 4 time a year with bonus points coupon for product "you usually buy" at métro (suppose to be based on your previous shopping habit).

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by chickypoodles View Post
    i love how your weekly average is dropping! & you make me feel guilty for sitting here at the computer after reading all the work you do! ugh, i'm off to make pancakes for DS
    pancake were yummy! I made some with papaver seeds, some with sesame&flax seeds and some other with hemps seeds.

And yes, the weekly average is dropping fast! 2 more weeks at 20$ and I'm back in the 75$/week goal

I'm still having good amount of cheese, meat, butter, sugar and many other stuff, so I think this will be do-able

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Last edited by 2010ontest; Fri, Oct 26th, 2012 at 08:18 AM.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Last month I spent $1200 on food,cleaning,personal etc..
    That is crazy!!!!!
    Spent $400 at "normal" stores....the rest at Costco
    New mom October 2014!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information