User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post

One of DH co workers ( you may want to cover your mouth for this sick part) He actually orders coffee from the drive through at Tim's and orders a large " 4 by 4 "

I had never heard that kind of order, DH said yes, it is 4 sugars and 4 creams in one stinking cup!! I would hurl.
    It is probably wrong of me but I am kind of wondering how much your DH's coworker weighs.

I take my tea plain, no sugar and nothing else. I love it that way, especially the nicer teas like Twinings.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

chick out the sodium content ....one chicken wrap has 650 mg of sodium!! That is about half the sodium you should have in an entire day.....very dangerous indeed

Lua
    Female
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

i remember reading a while back that some one who has a large double/double once a day, every day, could potentially gain up to 10lb in a year!!!! yikes!!

i actually started calorie counting in jan via myfitnesspal.com -- i'm actually on my last week now as i've had a ton of success with it! Anyway, after getting tim's gifcards for xmas i found myself scouring through their nutrition data for their food (i really hate tim's coffee) and they dont' really have any good healthy options. as mentioned already, sodium counts in their food is through the roof!!! very eye opening.

anyway, i just wanted to add, if you haven't heard of myfitnesspal.com, it's a great FREE online tool.

also, I should say that I used to only drink my coffee with cream and sug... double/double.... gradually i started dropping it... 1 milk/2 sug... 1 milk/1 sug.. and now i drink my coffee with only 1 milk and love it!! oh and pls stay away from that fake powdered 'coffee whitner' stuff... fat free doesn't always mean good for you. take a look at the ingredients.. ewww!
    Join SWAGBUCKS! Get free amazon $!!!
    My Blog: http://mypinkthumb.com

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I'm unsure about sodium being unsafe for most of us. For some, yes, it can make your blood pressure go up. But not for everyone.

As for coffee, I did Weight Watchers ten years ago (preparing for my wedding), and realized I was using half my daily points in coffee cream and sugar. Even though I'm no longer a WW (despite paying for a recent program and doing it for awhile), I've never gone back to cream. I use skim milk in my coffee, which I probably need anyhow since I don't drink milk. Can't stand cream in my coffee!

Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Oh. My. Goodness. So I am not a coffee person but just these past few winter months I've gotten myself addicted to those yummy Tim Horton's French Vanillas. I just checked the calculator and a large FV contains a DISGUSTING 430 calories!!!!

No wonder I 'randomly' seemed to gain a lot of weight recently OMG.

Just joined weight watchers two days ago so my days of french vanillas are gone but wow, just wow. I did the ww calculator and the large FV is 12 points! that is 1/3 of my daily allowable points, holy cow. To think I was throwing back one or two of these drinks daily :-S

The good news is, since I'm done with those and have switched from regular coke to the 'zero' kind I'm probably saving myself more than 900 calories a day! The lbs should be falling off me soon

Curious what all the hype is about SWAGBUCKS? It's the b
    est online program ever! Send me a message if you have any questions or want to learn more.
    Join here:
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kylesmamma

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 12:01 PM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jul 20th, 2013 at 10:10 PM.

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

Tim hortons cream is 18%. The amount of cream is calculated for the size of the cup, so a Xlarge dub-dub can have 50mL of cream, which is equivelant to a little over 3tablespoons. Add the sugar (which is also calculated to the size of the cup) and well yeah it's a recipe for disaster.

I worked at Tim's for 5 years, drank probably up to ten coffee's in a shift. I mean who can turn down free coffee.
    One Milk, Two Splenda.

Never had an impact on my weight. In fact, when I started working at Timmies I wore a size 26, and when I went on matt leave I was in size 14. Just depends what you put in it.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I wish I could give up my Timmys, but have decided to cut down. It was 2 lrg during the day, before lunch. But now I have to go down to the med to save calories and have also moved to a tea in the afternoon if I need something warm to drink. Why do all the good things have to be so bad for us.
    The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information