User Tag List

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree2380Likes

Thread: September 2022 Frugal Chatter; Almost Fall and Harvest time !!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just curious if anyone scored a summer sweepstakes win? Pepsi does not seem to post those $22K prize wins anywhere.

Noticed the change to Lotto 6-49-the Golden Ball draw. Guess Encore is leaving the lotteries? In Quebec, Lotto 6-49 is no more but changed to another game.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ok, the recipe is entering a situation_had to run upstairs to take foil off and bake dish uncovered for 30min or until cheese is golden and squash is tender.

Uncovered squash looked like 4 monster size bruchetta breads with spinach & cheese lava!
    5min uncovered and that pricey cheese mix is pooling on the foil and burning! By 10min, I shut off oven and do a fork test (cheese is already kind of too golden) but squash could use more time. Will leave dish in another 10min and check. I was noticing some smoke in kitchen so oven had to go off.

Wonder how much smoke this dish would make on a bbq grill? I'm still going to e-mail Bro a pic of the meal to show to Mom and Aunt.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

ugh! I too would be devastated by expensive cheese landing on the foil and burning @Ciel21 . Hope you salvaged most of the squash experiment. Does sound very tasty!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@walkonby the topping is amazing (like pizza)as the chili peppers and garlic add some heat to the pesto/cheese mix. The butternut squash needed 10more min-it's at the approaching tender but not yet level. Perhaps if I had put the unadorned squash (should have scored the non-cavity area to allow mixture to sink into squash more) in the oven for 10min then topped and covered them, it might be close to the desired result. I have a gas stove/oven.

I have just lifted off the bottom layer of regular aluminum foil and I have major scorch on the pan (still warm-hot) . Have managed to scrub off most of it with heavy duty pad, detergent and baking soda. Might have been a good idea to use parchment paper instead or heavy duty aluminum foil if I had it (I don't). So don't use a favourite cookie baking sheet pan for this recipe unless you like scrubbing up!

Mail-all for Bro. Going to do a quick vacuum and a small area of grasscutting while it's cool and the sun is still up. Have more grass waiting for tomorrow early am... Still debating whether to go to Food Basics tonight or wait for tomorrow.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Ciel21 we will miss your posts - always fun to read.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Today is the day for the Fall issue of the LCBO Food & Drink magazine to be released!
    @walkonby I saw you mentioned having a new desktop over in the What's for Supper thread. I know that new OS feeling (laptop March 2021 when setup needed Internet but I was not connected at home...no Ethernet port and I missed out on free Microsoft trial too). Still-congrats on new computer!

I am having issues with Bro's glacial desktop hightower and noticed awhile ago that the modem is showing two lights that should not be on...Yesterday I remembered that Sept & I have a history with computer issues. Acer desktop stopped working in Sept 2016, secondhand laptop obtained in Sept 2016 stopped working a year and a week later, and now issues with this desktop. Just sat through another Windows update-second in two weeks and had browser issues prior to that. IT rant over.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Hump day!

Hit up No Frills right before they opened. Spent $15.55 and received 400 pc pts (mushrooms)
    I bought:

$1.99 Grape tomatoes
    .99 mushrooms x 2
    $2 Rye bread
    .50 Lemon
    $5 4L Trutaste milk
    $1.50 Peppers .99LB ( I see RCSS has them on for $1 LB starting tomorrow!)
    2.25 3 packages of moist flushable wipes (clearance .75 each and expire June 2024- Great for camping/travel!)

Since mushrooms, tomatoes, and lemon were on sale/good price I will make DS his fav soon- Chicken tetrazini.

I made eggs and rye toast for breakfast. And coffee. My cheap coffee maker has paid for itself.

Now to get this work day over with!!
    Giseledta, harbie, Purdee and 5 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Today is the day for the Fall issue of the LCBO Food & Drink magazine to be released!
    @walkonby I saw you mentioned having a new desktop over in the What's for Supper thread. I know that new OS feeling (laptop March 2021 when setup needed Internet but I was not connected at home...no Ethernet port and I missed out on free Microsoft trial too). Still-congrats on new computer!

I am having issues with Bro's glacial desktop hightower and noticed awhile ago that the modem is showing two lights that should not be on...Yesterday I remembered that Sept & I have a history with computer issues. Acer desktop stopped working in Sept 2016, secondhand laptop obtained in Sept 2016 stopped working a year and a week later, and now issues with this desktop. Just sat through another Windows update-second in two weeks and had browser issues prior to that. IT rant over.
    @Ciel21 so glad I am not the only one with electronic poltergeist - computers, tv's, etc. If you have those lights, restart up again and hopefully it will clear itself.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just puttered in the laundry room and put more odd socks together. Noticed DS was wearing my socks.
    Get your size 11 man foot out of my size 7 ladies socks!!!

I made rice and chicken this afternoon. Late lunch/early dinner. Kitchen is clean (well dishes drying on counter have to be put away later)

Going to go for a walk by the water after I drop DS off at work. Will make a smoothie before I go and leave it in the car for after my walk. It will be perfectly melted by then.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Ciel21 I will miss all your post. I am sure everyone on SC would miss you.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Done 2 loads today and hung to dry ,may as well before cold weather comes .
    Popped over to return 2 library books and pick up my indigo order (part of cara,s birthday gift in nov).

Decided to go into micheals i got 6 items for 10.48
    (3) krafts for the grandkids reg 17.99 i paid 1.79 each you add water and their is 600 small pieces you can put together and form whatever you want .wow 600 pieces lol
    (2) unicorn small rubbery zippered change purses for the girls 80% off i paid 1.40 each
    (1) space pencil case for sebastian 80% i paid 1.20

Hubby is picking up the girls after school today i may just go for a walk .

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

My subscription for my new school in 1 month and for my test are completed. I am joyfull but stressed at the same time
    My dad got his 5 covid vaccine.He met my uncle and auntie.They invited us one night to be determined to have dinner with their and auntie made homemade fruits ketchup and ect...oh yes..I cannot wait.I feel good and it is relax at their home
    Temperature went down to 15 degres today,oh wow what a change sure feels like begiinning of the fall season and cozy blankets haha.Dad refuse to take down the ac in case we have in october heat waves lol

I was at a grocery with 4 coupons and a nice lady behind me was interested to know where I got my coupons and was fascinating by the savings..so I explained her..She said she dont paid attention to the shelves for coupons before lol...It was an interesting talking.She was impressed.Like the cashiers sometimes too

I watched a new serie in french online free tv channel it was so sad..I dont think I will support to watch all the episodes 1 per week..it is the story of a mother who is adult child live homeless in the stress..so sad and so touching...

I said on fb I was tired to give news and say all the time the conversation and just not feeling well those time mentally...and 1 friend I did not saw since 2007 lol...offered me to come see me..that is so nice and conforting.She has good vibes.

Have a good evening and night my friends
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Sep 14th, 2022 at 08:08 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Since it is wednesday again ,dont forget to save yours 4 favorites pc offers...I just did mine.!!! Beef,pure leaf,pc frozen pizza and grapes.They where others interesting I did not use but I saved the most likely things I will repurchase hahah

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    @cath007 So glad you are getting your reading done! When a book is engaging, you find reasons to keep on reading even if you need to be doing something else! Excellent memories of happy reading hours.
    @Ciel21 : Yes,reading is such a rediscovered pleasure and stress free..that seems to helps me a little bit sometime to put brain on much needed off hahah.Thanks for this nice comment,it made my day !!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

And me too I will miss SC so much when I will be busy at the new school.But I will check the week end for sure at least !!!

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information